Today I will show you how to cook the Tyson Popcorn Chicken in Air Fryer.
Tyson popcorn chicken is quite famous these days as it is easy to make yet tasty and healthy to eat. However, do you ever eat this delicious snack and wonder who got the ideas for this amazing thing?
Well, to answer your question, chicken popcorn was an idea that originated from KFC. KFC first thought about this mouth-watering chicken popcorn. It’s usually a small meatball but with a layer of breadcrumbs on it. Also, these can be made of any meat and nothing in particular.
Well, now that we are aware of the history of the chicken popcorn, she should jump onto its recipe and many other ways you can enjoy it.
Also, these are super healthy and can be eaten at any time. Breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, etc. however, these are heavy to eat, so we suggest you have it according to your diet.
How long to cook Tyson popcorn chicken in an air fryer?
Well, cooking popcorn chicken in the air fryer does not take much of your time and energy. It only takes around 13-15 mins to get ready.
The preparation time is 5 minutes and the cooking time is 8-10 mins and it can serve 2 people at a tie.
Also, these are a bit heavy and stomach filling. You can have them as a side dish, or you can have them with a salad.
Can I use frozen Tyson popcorn chicken?
Yes, you can surely use frozen Tyson popcorn chicken. In fact, it is recommended that you use frozen chicken popcorn.
Frozen chicken popcorn tastes much better.
You can also defrost it once you have taken it out of your refrigerator. It will be a lot easier than frying it at freezing temperature. However, you need not worry about the taste. It tastes the same.
How to cook Tyson popcorn chicken in the air fryer?
Cooking Tyson popcorn in the air fryer is super easy. The recipe and the way to make it is effortless, and the taste are yet amazing. Also, there is no particular dip or dish you have to eat it with. You can always use your imagination and make new combos and find your taste as well.
Tyson Popcorn Chicken in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 1 pack Tyson popcorn chicken
- Virgin oil (optional)
- Firstly, take out the chicken popcorn from the packet and give it a good shake to remove any extra breadcrumbs from it.
- Now, place the chicken popcorn in the air fryer and make sure you do not put too many pieces in it at once.
- Now set the temperature to 170c or 340f and let it cook for 8 mins.
- Voila! Your favorite Tyson popcorn chicken is ready to be served. You can serve it with any of your favorite dips.
Simple tips to improve the recipe
These are some simple tips that can help improve the Tyson popcorn chicken recipe
1) You can marinate the chicken in any sauce before putting them in the air fryer for better results. Marinating makes them finger-licking good.
2) Also, you can add garlic powder green chilly powder to change the flavor of your Tyson popcorn chicken.
3) If you don’t want to use bread crumbs, then simply replace it with wheat flour and add some salt and pepper for taste.
4) You can also add virgin oil in the end when you take out your chicken from the fryer so that they become crispy or crunchy as per your choice.
5) If you are hosting a party, then you can replace the chicken popcorn with fried fish for guests to enjoy.
6) You can also pre-cook your Tyson popcorn chicken in the oven and put them in the air fryer at last when needed to make them crispy or crunchy if u wish so. Don’t forget to spray some virgin oil on the chicken before putting it in the air fryer.
7) You can also make Tyson popcorn chicken at home and store them for some time. As such, you don’t need to cook them whenever hunger strikes. Instead, just take out, shake off excess breading, and pop them into your air fryer whenever needed.
What sides can I serve with this recipe?
You can serve your Tyson popcorn chicken with any of your favorite dipping sauces like BBQ, honey mustard, or even ketchup. You can also serve it with fries. Also, you can try serving them with baked sweet potato wedges.
Here is a list of other things you can serve chicken popcorn with:
- Garlic sauce;
- Tartar sauce;
- What is masago sauce;
- Ingarten pesto.
Also, here are some of the side dishes you can serve it with:
- TGI Friday mozzarella sticks;
- Trader Jose mozzarella sticks;
- Roasted tomato basil sauce;
- Butter squash soup;
- Potato leek soup ina Garten;
- Cucumber and carrot salad with mayonnaise;
- Ina garten farro salad.
How can I store the leftover chicken popcorn?
Well, if you have some leftover chicken popcorn and you want to store it for the next day or maybe a few hours. You can store it in a fridge. This is the best way to store the left chicken popcorns.
Just keep them in a glass container, and you can store them for 2 days. Then, when you take it out to eat them, just fry it one more in the air fryer and leave it in the heat for some time.
And they are ready fr you to eat it.
Tyson popcorn chicken facts:
- Total fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Trans Fat 0g grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 610mg
- Total Carbohydrates 23g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 12g
- Calories from fat 126g
- Calories 260g
What are the other ways I can cook chicken popcorn in?
You can easily cook Tyson chicken popcorn in the oven, microwave, or air fryer. However, cooking them in the air fryer is the most recommended and tried way.
This is because the air fryer cooks the chicken popcorn faster than a microwave and oven and yet has better results.
This was all about the very tasty and mouth-watering Tyson popcorn chicken in the air fryer. You must wonder why is Tyson the only very famous brand for chicken popcorn? Tyson is the only health brad if you want to have chicken popcorn today.
There are many other brands available in the market. You can definitely explore them, yet Tyson popcorn chicken is highly recommended. It is all-natural and is proceed as minimal as possible.
People on a diet can also have it as it’s healthy and oil-free. If you are not a diet freak, you can use a bit of oil to make it more tasty and delicious. But in any case, if you are diet-free, you can also make these without oil.
You can try it with new sauces and side meals. Let us know in the comments below which combo works best for you.