Have you ever had a Matcha Green Tea Latte from Starbucks? If not, you are missing out! This delicious drink is made with matcha powder, steamed milk, and whipped cream. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and earthy flavors.
Today, we will show you how to make a Matcha Green Tea Latte at home using our easy recipe. So gather your ingredients, and let’s get started!
So now you can easily try your hand on this Starbuck specialty at home itself, and make your pals happy and fun.
What is the Matcha Green tea Latte recipe from Starbucks?
The Starbucks Matcha Green Tea Latte recipe is a delicious drink with matcha powder, steamed milk, and whipped cream. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and earthy flavors. Today, we will show you how to make a Matcha Green Tea Latte at home using our easy recipe. So gather your ingredients, and let’s get started!
Can I make this latte at home?
Yes! Using our easy recipe, you can make a Matcha Green Tea Latte at home. So gather your ingredients, and let’s get started!
How long does it take to make this latte?
It takes about 5 minutes to make our Matcha Green Tea Latte recipe. So you can easily make it at home hassle-free.
Matcha Green Tea Latte Starbucks Recipe
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Matcha powder
- 1/2 cup Milk (I use almond)
- 1 tbsp Honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Boil the water and let it cool for a few minutes. You don't want it to be too hot, or it will cook the matcha powder.
- Add the matcha powder to a mug and pour in the water. Whisk together until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan on the stove or microwave. I like to froth my milk using an electric frother, but you can also use a handheld frother or heat it until it's hot and bubbly.
- Add the hot milk to the matcha mixture and sweeten it with honey or your choice of sweetener. Add the vanilla extract and stir everything together.
- Enjoy as is or top with a little bit of foam from the milk. You can also garnish with a sprinkle of matcha powder.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace some of the ingredients in this recipe. For example, if you don’t have matcha powder, you can use green tea bags or leaves. If you don’t have milk, you can use water or other milk like soy milk, oat milk, etc.
You can also sweeten this latte with sugar, agave nectar, or another sweetener. And finally, if you don’t have vanilla extract, you can use vanilla bean paste or powder.
Tips and tricks for a better latte
First of all, use a small amount of water to make your tea, and use a matcha powder that is meant for lattes.
- Do not sweeten your latte with sugar. Use a natural sweetener like honey instead.
- Heat your milk before adding it to the tea.
- Use a whisk or a hand frother to mix the tea and milk.
- Pour your latte into a cup with a small opening at the top.
- Allow the foam to settle before drinking.
- Use a straw to drink your latte and avoid getting any foam on your upper lip.
- If you want a cold latte, use cold milk and mix everything in a blender.
- To make a dirty latte, add a shot of espresso to your tea.
- If you want a matcha green tea latte with less caffeine, make it half iced and half hot.
- For a lighter latte, use 2% milk instead of whole milk.
- If you want a stronger latte, add an extra shot of espresso.
- To froth your milk at home, place it in a microwave-safe jar and heat for 30 seconds. Then, shake the jar vigorously until the milk is foamy.
- If you want an authentic latte, use Japanese matcha powder instead of espresso powder.
- For a richer latte, try using half-and-half instead of milk.
- To make a cold latte, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- To make a vegan latte, use almond milk or soy milk instead of cow’s milk.
Add a dash of vanilla extract or cinnamon for an extra flavorful latte.
Finally, if you want a frothy latte, use a high-powered blender.
What side dish can be served with this latte?
Many different side dishes can be served with Starbucks’ matcha green tea latte. Some popular options include:
- Green Salad;
- Vegetable soup;
- Fruit salad;
- Green smoothie.
As you can see, many different and delicious options can be served alongside this amazing drink. No matter what you choose, you are sure to enjoy your matcha green tea latte even more!
What are the nutritional benefits of this recipe?
This recipe for a matcha green tea latte from Starbucks is not only delicious but also provides some great health benefits. Matcha powder is made from ground-up green tea leaves and is rich in antioxidants, which can help to boost your immune system and protect your cells from damage.
This latte also contains milk, which is a good source of protein and calcium. So, this drink will help keep you energized and awake, but it will also help your body function properly.
Is there a vegan alternative recipe for this matcha green tea latte?
Yes, there is! Check out this vegan recipe for a matcha green tea latte.
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk;
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder;
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey (optional).
- Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the matcha powder until it is dissolved.
- Stir in the agave nectar or honey if using.
- Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
Can we add alcohol to this recipe?
Yes, you can add alcohol to this recipe. However, we do not recommend adding more than one shot of espresso or one ounce of alcohol per serving. Doing so may result in a bitter taste. If you choose to add alcohol, we suggest using a light-bodied spirit, such as vodka or gin.
Can this recipe be served with fried chicken and fish?
Yes, this recipe can be served with chicken and fish. So now your summer evenings would be much fun with your gang, served with your favorite fried chicken or fish and the matcha green tea latte.
Will this recipe be tasty without ice?
Yes, this recipe will still be delicious without ice! The matcha powder will give the latte a nice flavor, and the milk will make it creamy and smooth. If you want to add a little sweetness, you can use honey or agave nectar.
How long can this recipe be refrigerated? And preserved?
This recipe can be refrigerated for up to 2 hours. For best results, consume within 1 hour of refrigeration. This recipe can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before enjoying. But it would be best to have fresh and healthy.
Can this recipe be taken as a full meal for breakfast?
Yes, this recipe can be taken as a full meal for breakfast. It is a complete source of nutrients and will help keep you full throughout the morning.
Is it okay to sweeten my green tea latte with honey?
Yes, honey is a great natural sweetener for green tea. It will also add some additional health benefits to your latte. If you are looking for a low-calorie sweetener, you can also use stevia.
Our Matcha Green Tea Latte recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. It’s the perfect drink for a warm day or a pick-me-up after a long day. And with just a few simple ingredients, you can make it at home in no time. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try!