Are you in the mood for a delicious and indulgent treat? Look no further than this recipe for a black-and-white milkshake!
Made with easy-to-get ingredients, this shake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Best of all, it’s super easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for?
Let’s get started!
What is a black and white milkshake shake?
A black and white milkshake is a type of ice cream shake made with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.
The shake gets its name because the two flavors are swirled together to create a black-and-white effect.
Black-and-white milkshakes are typically made with whole milk, but they can also be made with skim milk or soy milk.
These shakes can be served with whipped cream and a cherry on top or topped with caramel, chocolate chips, or sprinkles.
Black-and-white milkshakes are classic dessert drinks sure to please any sweet tooth.
Can I make this milkshake at home?
Never fear if you’re craving a delicious milkshake but don’t want to leave the house!
You can easily make this delicious milkshake right in your kitchen. All you need is some simple ingredients. If you want to get creative, add some extra toppings like whipped cream or sprinkles.
You can enjoy a delicious and refreshing milkshake that will satisfy your sweet tooth in just minutes.
So next time you’re in the mood for a treat, remember that you can easily make a delicious milkshake at home.
How long does it take?
This delicious milkshake can be made in just minutes! All you need is a blender and some basic ingredients.
In no time at all, you’ll be enjoying this tasty treat!
If you don’t know anything about making milkshakes, don’t worry!
This recipe is simple and easy to follow. Just make sure to have all of your ingredients ready before you start.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make our black-and-white milkshake recipe, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients:
Milk: This recipe can use any type of milk you like. We used 1 cup of whole milk, but feel free to use skimmed, almond, soy, or any other type of milk.
Heavy cream: This will help to make your milkshake nice and thick. You’ll need 1/2 cup of heavy cream for the recipe.
Vanilla ice cream: This is the base of your milkshake, so be sure to use a good quality vanilla ice cream. We used 1/2 cup for our recipe.
Chocolate syrup: We used 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup to give our milkshake that classic black and white flavor combination. But feel free to add more or less, depending on your preferences.
Coffee liqueur: This is optional, but we like to add a little coffee liqueur to our black and white milkshakes. It adds a nice depth of flavor. You’ll need 1/4 cup for the recipe.
Whipped cream: This is optional, but we like to top our milkshakes with whipped cream. It’s delicious!
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you’ll also need a blender. Any type of blender will work for this recipe.
Black and White Milkshake Recipe
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup Coffee liqueur
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the milk, heavy cream, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and coffee liqueur in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.
Can I add, replace, or remove some ingredients?
Yes, you can add, replace, or remove ingredients from this recipe.
For example, if you want a sweeter milkshake, you could add more chocolate syrup or sugar.
If you’re not a fan of coffee liqueur, you could replace it with another type of alcohol or simply leave it out.
And if you want a thinner milkshake, you could add more milk or ice cream. Just use your best judgment and adjust the ingredients to suit your taste.
Tips and tricks for a better shake
Use whole milk for a richer flavor.
- Add a scoop of chocolate ice cream to the blender for an extra chocolaty milkshake.
- Use a chocolate candy bar instead of chocolate syrup for even more chocolate flavor.
- If you want a boozy milkshake, add a shot of vodka or rum to the blender.
- Top your milkshakes with fresh whipped cream and a cherry for an extra special treat.
- For an adult-only version, try using Bailey’s Irish Cream or another coffee liqueur in place of the coffee liqueur.
- Make your milkshake even more indulgent by dipping the rim of your glass in melted chocolate before adding the shake.
- Sprinkle some ground coffee or cocoa powder on your finished milkshake for a garnish.
- Use a different flavor of ice cream in place of the vanilla for a unique twist. Try chocolate, strawberry, or even mint chocolate chip!
- Get creative with your toppings! In addition to whipped cream and cherries, try adding sprinkles, crushed cookies, or even a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce.
- Make mini milkshakes by pouring the shake into small glasses or mason jars. They make cute gifts or party favors!
- This recipe can easily be doubled (or tripled!) if you’re serving a crowd.
- Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Then, pour the shake into an airtight container and thaw in the fridge when you’re ready to enjoy it again.
- Shake things up using different syrups or liqueurs instead of chocolate and coffee. Try caramel, hazelnut, or mint for a unique flavor.
Add a scoop of protein powder to the blender if you’re looking for a post-workout treat. This will help replenish your muscles and give you an extra energy boost.
Things that will definitely go well with this milkshake
- A big slice of chocolate cake: The chocolate in the milkshake will go perfectly with a rich chocolate cake.
- Cookies: Any kind of cookie would be delicious with this milkshake, from chocolate chip to sugar cookies.
- Brownies: Another great option for a chocolate dessert to pair with this milkshake.
- Vanilla ice cream: If you want a double dose of vanilla, top your milkshake with a scoop of ice cream.
- Chocolate chips: Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of your milkshake for an extra chocolate flavor.
- Whipped cream: A must-have topping for any milkshake!
- A cherry: A classic topping that always tastes great.
- Salted caramel: A delicious and unique flavor that would be amazing with this milkshake.
- Cinnamon: Add a little spice to your sweet milkshake with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Oreos: Crushed Oreos make a great topping or mix-in for this milkshake. Enjoy!
The above are only suggestions. Feel free to get creative and experiment with other flavors and toppings!
We hope you enjoy our black and white milkshake recipe! This classic flavor combo is sure to please everyone. If you have tips or tricks for making a great milkshake, share them with us in the comments below.
Similar Drinks from HotSalty: