Today I will show you the eye of round roast recipe from Pioneer Woman!
The Pioneer Woman is a popular food blogger and television personality. Her recipes are known for being both delicious and easy to follow.
This particular recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a delicious roast without spending hours in the kitchen preparing it. This dish can be served with various sides or simply enjoyed on its own.
How long does it take to make the Eye of round roast recipe?
This recipe takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to make from start to finish. This includes the time it takes to prep the ingredients, cook the roast, and let it rest before slicing. If you’re short on time, you can cook the roast for a shorter time, but keep in mind that it won’t be as tender.
Pioneer Woman’s Eye of Round Roast recipe is a great way to impress your dinner guests with a delicious juicy roast. This recipe is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight meal, and it’s sure to become a family favourite. So, what are you waiting for?
Eye of Round Roast Pioneer Woman
- 1 Eye of round roast (5-pound)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Carrots (diced)
- 2 Celery stalks (diced)
- 4 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Beef broth
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1 Sprig rosemary
- 1 Sprig thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rub the roast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, beef broth, red wine, rosemary, and thyme to a large roasting pan.
- Place the roast in the pan and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favourite sides.
Some variations of this recipe:
- Try using a chuck roast or bottom round roast instead of an eye of round roast.
- If you don’t have any red wine on hand, you can substitute it with white wine or even chicken broth.
- Feel free to add in other vegetables you like, such as potatoes, turnips, or parsnips.
- If you don’t have fresh rosemary and thyme, you can use one teaspoon of dried herbs instead.
- If you want a bit of a crust on your roast, try browning it in a skillet with a little oil before adding it to the roasting pan.
- If you want to make a gravy with the pan juices, remove the roast to a platter and pour the juices into a saucepan. Whisk in a few tablespoons of flour and cook over medium heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the sliced roast.
- Leftover roast can be thinly sliced and used for sandwiches or salads. It can also be diced and added to soups or stews.
- You can also experiment with different herbs, such as oregano or sage.
Amd finally, if you want to kick up the flavour a notch, try adding some Worcestershire sauce or hot sauce to the gravy.
What is the best meat for this recipe?
The best meat for this recipe is Eye of round roast. This cut of beef is known for being both tender and juicy, making it the perfect choice for a delicious roast.
What’s more, Eye of round roast is relatively lean, so you won’t have to worry about it being too fatty or greasy. So whether you’re looking for a special occasion dish or a simple weeknight meal, this is the perfect recipe.
Can I use frozen meat?
If you have frozen Eye of round roast, you can use it for this recipe. However, keep in mind that it will take longer to cook since it will be thawing as it cooks.
For best results, allow the roast to thaw completely in the refrigerator before cooking. This will help ensure that it cooks evenly and doesn’t dry out.
Can I store this recipe?
Yes, you can store this recipe. Make sure to wrap the roast tightly in foil or plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can also freeze the roast for up to three months.
Things to take care of while storing this recipe:
- Make sure the roast is wrapped tightly in foil or plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Freeze the roast for up to three months.
- Reheat the roast before serving.
- Slice the roast thinly against the grain.
And finally, serve with the pan juices.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
Do you want to prepare the best eye of round recipe? So, you need to check out below our tips and tricks for a better recipe:
- If you want a more evenly cooked roast, use a meat thermometer to check the roast’s internal temperature as it cooks.
- To make sure the vegetables don’t overcook, add them to the pan during the last hour of cooking.
- For extra flavour, try marinating the roast in red wine overnight.
- If you don’t have time to roast a whole roast, you can cook individual cuts of meat, such as steak or chops.
- To make this dish more flavorful, try beef stock instead of water.
- For a richer flavour, deglaze the pan with red wine after cooking.
- To add more colour and flavour to the dish, try using different carrots, such as a rainbow of heirloom carrots.
- For a heartier dish, add potatoes to the pan during the last hour of cooking.
- To make this a complete meal, serve with a side of green beans or steamed broccoli.
- For a more elegant presentation, slice the roast and arrange it on a platter with the vegetables.
- To make this dish more budget-friendly, substitute chuck roast for the Eye of round roast.
And finally, for a gluten-free option, use gluten-free beef broth.
Things to serve with this recipe
1. Mashed potatoes: boiled, mashed, and buttered Yukon Gold potatoes are always a good choice.
2. Roasted vegetables: carrots, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, and/or sweet potatoes roasted with olive oil and sea salt are a great way to add more veggies to your meal.
3. Salad: a green salad with vinaigrette dressing is the perfect way to balance a heartier meal.
4. Sourdough bread: perfect for sopping up all the delicious juices from the roast.
6. Rice: plain white rice or brown rice are great options.
7. quinoa: serve with quinoa instead of rice for a healthier option.
8. Beans: green beans, kidney beans, or black beans would all be great.
9. Corn: roasted, grilled, or boiled corn on the cob would be delicious with this recipe.
10. Potatoes: roasted, mashed, or baked potatoes are great choices.
11. Gravy: homemade beef gravy would be amazing on this roast.
12. Cauliflower: roasted or mashed cauliflower is a great way to add another vegetable to the meal.
13. Applesauce: simple applesauce is a great way to add sweetness to the dish.
14. Cranberry sauce: Top the roast with cranberry sauce for a festive touch.
15. Red wine: a glass of red wine pairs perfectly with this recipe.
16. Vanilla ice cream: for a classic dessert to top off your meal.
This Eye of the round roast recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a delicious and juicy roast. It’s packed with flavour and can be easily customized to suit your taste.
This recipe will delight you, whether you’re seeking a special occasion dinner or a quick evening supper. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Interesting recipes from Pioneer Woman: