Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe for turkey meatballs? This recipe is perfect whether you are hosting a party or just want a quick meal.
The best part is that it only takes a few minutes to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. So, what are you waiting for? Try this delicious recipe today!
There are a lot of questions that come up when it comes to cooking turkey meatballs. How long to bake them at 350ºF? What’s the best way to cook them? Is there a specific recipe you should follow?
In this blog post, we’ll answer all of those questions and give you a few recipes to get you started.
So whether you’re a beginner or an expert, keep reading for some tips on how to make the perfect turkey meatball!
What is the best temperature to bake turkey meatballs?
The best temperature to bake turkey meatballs is 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that they are cooked through but not overcooked. If you want quicker cooking time, you can bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, this may result in the meatballs being drier.
Things to take care of when deciding the temperature to bake turkey meatballs:
There are many factors to consider when deciding what temperature to bake turkey meatballs.
One important factor is the internal temperature of the meatballs. If they are not cooked through, they could be unsafe to eat.
Another factor to consider is the size of the meatballs. Smaller meatballs will cook faster than larger ones. Finally, you should also consider your oven and whether it tends to run hot or cold.
How long to bake turkey meatballs at 350ºF?
When baking turkey meatballs, the general rule of thumb is to cook them for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, this should be enough time to ensure that the meatballs are cooked through without over-cooking them.
How long to bake turkey meatballs at 400ºF?
If you want a quicker cooking time, you can bake turkey meatballs at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, this may result in the meatballs being drier. Cook them for about 15-20 minutes.
However, ovens can vary in how hot they get, so it’s always a good idea to check on the meatballs after about 15 minutes of cooking to ensure they’re not getting too brown.
If they are, you can simply reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue cooking for the remaining five minutes. Once they’re out of the oven, let the meatballs rest for a few minutes before serving hot.
Baked Turkey Meatballs at 350ºF
- 1 pound Lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped onion
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, egg, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve them over your favorite pasta or rice or with a simple salad for a complete meal.
How do I know when the meatballs are done?
One of the most common questions people have when cooking meatballs is how to know when they are done. After all, no one wants to bite into a raw or undercooked meatball. There are a few simple ways to test for doneness:
- First, insert a skewer or toothpick into the center of a meatball. If the skewer comes out clean, the meatballs are Done.
- Another way to test is to press on the meatballs with your finger. They should be firm to the touch but not hard. If they are still soft in the center, they must cook for a bit longer.
- Lastly, you can use an instant-read thermometer. The internal temperature of the meatballs should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure that your turkey meatballs are perfectly cooked every time.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace ingredients in this recipe. For example, if you don’t have bread crumbs on hand, you could use oatmeal or crushed crackers as a replacement.
You could also add some chopped vegetables, such as carrots, celery, or peppers. If you want a bit more of a spice, you could add in some red pepper flakes or ground cumin.
And finally, if you’re not a fan of tomato sauce, you could serve the meatballs with a different sauce, such as BBQ sauce, sweet and sour sauce, or even Alfredo sauce. The possibilities are endless, so feel free to get creative and make this recipe your own.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want your meatballs to be extra moist, add 1/4 cup of milk to the mixture.
- For a slightly different flavor, try chopped parsley instead of Italian seasoning.
- To make the meatballs more flavorful, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil before adding them to the mixture.
- If you want a crispy crust on your meatballs, roll them in bread crumbs before baking.
- You can also fry the meatballs instead of baking them. Just heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and cook until browned all over.
- For a healthier version of this recipe, use ground turkey breast instead of regular ground turkey.
- Add some grated carrots to the mixture for a hint of sweetness and extra nutrition.
- If you want a bit of a spicy kick, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the mixture.
- To make mini meatballs, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and bake for 10 minutes instead of 20.
- You can use any type of ground meat in this recipe, such as beef, pork, lamb, or chicken.
- For a vegetarian version of this recipe, try using crumbled tofu or chopped mushrooms in place of the ground meat.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat them before serving.
- These meatballs can also be frozen. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
You can make this recipe ahead of time and cook the meatballs when you’re ready to eat. Just shape the mixture into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cover and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Preheat the oven and bake as directed when you’re ready to cook.
In conclusion, this is a fantastic meatball recipe that can be easily customized to your liking. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and satisfying meal that the whole family will enjoy. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today.
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: