This grilled salmon recipe is easy to make and full of delicious flavors.
The Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon is a popular menu item, and now you can make it at home!
If you are looking for a delicious and easy salmon recipe? Well, look no further than this Texas Roadhouse grilled salmon dish! It’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Plus, it’s healthy and hearty too. So go ahead and give it a try!
What is the grilled salmon recipe from Texas Roadhouse?
Texas Roadhouse is a popular chain of restaurants known for their juicy steaks and tasty sides.
However, they also offer a delicious grilled salmon recipe that is perfect for seafood lovers.
The salmon is marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, and spices before being perfectly grilled. It is then served with a lemon butter sauce, making it both flavorful and healthy.
This dish can be found on the restaurant’s lunch and dinner menu, which satisfies even the most discerning palate. The best part is you can make this with the help of our recipe.
Do I need fresh or frozen salmon for this recipe?
For this recipe, you will need fresh salmon. However, if you can’t find fresh salmon or it is not in season, you can use frozen salmon.
Just make sure to thaw it completely before using it.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon, you will need:
Salmon fillet: You will need one pound of salmon fillet for this recipe. Cut the salmon into individual portions before beginning to cook.
Brown sugar: Brown sugar will be used as a part of the spice rub for the salmon.
Smoked paprika: This smoked paprika will give the salmon a nice flavor.
Garlic powder: The garlic powder will also be used in the spice rub.
Onion powder: Another ingredient in the spice rub, the onion powder, will help to enhance the flavors of the other spices.
Cumin: Cumin is yet another ingredient in the spice rub. It has a strong, earthy flavor that works well with fish.
Chili powder: The chili powder adds a bit of heat to the recipe. If you don’t like spicy food, you can omit this ingredient.
Salt: The salt is used to season the salmon.
Black pepper: Black pepper is also used to season the salmon.
Olive oil: Olive oil is used to flavor the salmon while it cooks. You can also use vegetable oil if you prefer.
Lemon juice: The lemon juice adds flavor and tenderness to the salmon. It also helps to keep the fish from drying out while cooking.
Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon
- 1 pound Salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon Smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Whisk together brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the spice blend all over the salmon fillet. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the salmon for 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
What are the best things to serve with grilled salmon?
Try pairing grilled salmon with a simple green salad for a light and refreshing meal.
The crunch of the greens will contrast nicely with the rich flavor of the fish, and a light dressing will help to bring out the salmon’s natural sweetness.
If you’re looking for something heartier, roasted potatoes are a great option.
The smoky flavor of the grill will add an extra depth of flavor to the potatoes, and they can be served with various toppings to suit your taste.
Whatever you choose to serve with your grilled salmon, make sure that it is cooked to perfection – after all, nothing ruins a good meal quite like dry, overcooked fish.
How do I know when the salmon is done?
When it comes to cooking salmon, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The best way to determine when the fish is done is to use a digital cooking thermometer.
Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the fish, careful not to touch the bone. The ideal internal temperature for cooked salmon is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, depending on your preference, you may want to cook the salmon for a longer or shorter time.
If you like your salmon with a little pink in the center, aim for an internal temperature of 120-125 degrees Fahrenheit.
For well-done salmon, cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Keep in mind that the fish will continue to cook even after you take it off the heat source, so it is better to err on undercooking rather than overcooking.
Can I use any part of the salmon?
For this recipe, we recommend using the salmon fillet, as it is the fish’s thickest and most uniform part.
However, if you prefer, you can certainly use another part of the salmon, such as the steak.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Of course! This recipe is very versatile. Feel free to add or replace ingredients to suit your taste. For example, you could try using honey instead of brown sugar or different spices like cilantro or oregano.
The sky’s the limit! Just be creative and have fun with it.
Tips and tricks for a better salmon
First of all, adjust the spice blend to your liking: If you want more heat, add more chili powder or cumin. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar.
- Cook the salmon on a preheated grill: This will help ensure that the salmon cooks evenly on all sides.
- Oil the grates before cooking: This will help prevent the salmon from sticking to the grill and making it difficult to flip.
- Depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet, you may need to cook it for longer or shorter. Check for doneness by inserting a fork into the thickest part of the fish and seeing if it flakes easily.
- If using a gas grill, make sure to preheat it before cooking: Gas grills can take longer to heat up than charcoal grills, so give it plenty of time.
- If using a charcoal grill, use high-quality charcoal: This will help ensure that your coals are hot enough to properly cook the salmon.
- Use a fish spatula to flip the salmon: A regular spatula may not be wide enough, so be sure to use a fish spatula or something similar.
- Be careful not to overcook the salmon: Salmon is best when cooked but not overdone. It should be pink in the middle and flake easily with a fork.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days: This will help keep the salmon fresh and prevent it from drying out.
Finally, reheat leftovers gently in the oven or microwave: Be sure not to overcook the salmon a second time.
We hope you enjoy this Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon recipe! It’s a simple recipe that’s packed with flavor, and it’s perfect for a summertime meal. Serve it with a side of rice and vegetables, or enjoy it on its own. Either way, you’re sure to love this delicious salmon dish!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: