Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria is a delicious, refreshing drink that is perfect for summertime gatherings!
This easy-to-make recipe only requires a few ingredients and can be easily customized to your liking.
This recipe is sure to please whether you like your sangria sweet or tart. So, grab a bottle of wine, and let’s get started!
This delicious recipe for Carrabba’s blackberry sangria is refreshing, easy to make, and packed with flavor.
This delightful cocktail is sure to become a new favorite.
What is Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria?
Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria is a refreshing drink with red wine, blackberries, and citrus juice.
The perfect summertime drink, this sangria is perfect for sipping on the patio or enjoying a picnic.
The sweetness of the blackberries is balanced by the tartness of the citrus juice, making for a refreshing and flavorful drink.
So whether you’re looking for a new summertime cocktail or want to try something different, Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria is worth a try.
Can I make this sangria at home?
Yes, you can make Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria at home with this recipe. It is very easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. Anyone can make this delicious sangria. Cheers!
How long does it take to make this sangria?
This sangria recipe takes about 10 minutes to make. Once you have all your ingredients assembled, combine them in a pitcher and stir until the sugar has dissolved. That’s it! So easy and so delicious.
Can I make this ahead of time?
You can make this sangria recipe ahead of time. But it’s best if you do! Then, the flavors have a chance to meld together and become even more delicious. Simply combine the ingredients in a pitcher and store them in the fridge for up to 2 days.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria, you will need:
Water: It is important to use cold water to refresh your sangria.
Blackberry Simple Syrup: You can find this ingredient at most grocery stores. If you can’t find it, you can make your own by boiling 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar together until the sugar has dissolved. Then, add 1 cup of fresh blackberries and let the mixture cool.
Red Wine: You can use any type of red wine that you like. We recommend a fruity red wine such as Merlot or Zinfandel.
Brandy: Brandy adds a nice depth of flavor to the sangria. You can use any type of brandy that you like.
Granulated White Sugar: This is just regular sugar used for baking. You can also use honey if you prefer.
Ginger Ale: Ginger ale adds a little bit of sweetness and carbonation to the sangria. You can use any type of ginger ale that you like.
Lime: The lime slices add a nice citrus flavor to the sangria.
Lemon, oranges: The lemon slices and oranges also add a nice citrus flavor to the sangria.
Blackberries: The blackberries add a nice sweetness and color to the sangria. You can use fresh or frozen blackberries. If you are using frozen blackberries, let them thaw before adding them to the pitcher.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you will need:
- A large pitcher: You will need a large pitcher to mix the ingredients.
- A strainer: You will need a strainer to strain the sangria before serving. This is optional, but we recommend it, so you don’t end up with fruit pieces in your glass.
- Ice: You will need ice to serve the sangria over.
Now that you have all the necessary supplies let’s get started!
Carrabba's Blackberry Sangria Recipe
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Blackberry simple syrup
- 1 Bottle of dry red wine (750 ml)
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1 can Ginger ale (12 oz)
- 1 Lime, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 Oranges, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup 1 fresh blackberries
- Combine water, simple blackberry syrup, red wine, brandy, and sugar in a large pitcher.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add ginger ale, lime slices, lemon slices, oranges, and blackberries.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Serve over ice.
Will this sangria taste like the original?
Yes, this sangria will taste very similar to the original.
The simple blackberry syrup and fresh blackberries give it a lovely sweetness, while the dry red wine and brandy give it a nice kick.
The ginger ale helps to round out the flavors and gives it a refreshing fizz.
This Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria is a great option if you’re looking for an alcoholic punch to serve at your next party.
Can I use any type of wine?
You can use any type of dry red wine for this recipe. We recommend a Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot. It’s up to you what you like and what works for the sangria.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Feel free to play around with the ingredients to suit your taste.
For instance, you could use white wine instead of red wine or swap out the brandy for rum. If you don’t like ginger ale, you could try using seltzer water or club soda instead.
And if you’re not a fan of blackberries, you could use another type of fruit, such as strawberries or raspberries.
Just have fun with it and make it your own!
Tips and tricks for a better sangria
First of all, to make a truly great Sangria, use good quality red wine. Avoid using wines that are too sweet or fruity.
- For an extra special touch, add a splash of Grand Marnier or Cointreau to the pitcher before adding the ginger ale.
- Be sure to use plenty of fresh fruit in your Sangria. The more, the better!
- If you want your Sangria to be super cold, add a few frozen grapes or berries to the pitcher before serving.
- If you have time, allow the flavors to meld together by chilling the Sangria in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Serve Sangria in pretty glasses with fresh fruit garnishes for a festive touch.
- To avoid watered-down Sangria, don’t add ice to the pitcher until you’re ready to serve.
- If your Sangria is too sweet, add a splash of the club or lemon-lime soda to taste.
- To make a non-alcoholic version of this recipe, substitute the wine with grape juice and omit the brandy.
- Looking for a little extra zing? Add a dash of ground cinnamon or nutmeg to the pitcher before serving.
- For an elegant presentation, float a few fresh rose petals in each glass of Sangria before serving.
- Garnish each glass with a fresh fruit skewer for a fun and festive touch.
- Serve Sangria over crushed ice for a truly refreshing drink.
If you want a bit of fizz in your Sangria, add a splash of sparkling wine or champagne to the pitcher before serving.
Experiment with different fruits and juices to create your unique Sangria recipe!
Sangria is a delicious and refreshing summertime drink. So whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for something to enjoy on a warm evening, this Carrabba’s Blackberry Sangria will surely hit the spot. Cheers!
Similar Drinks from HotSalty: