If you love the tortilla soup from Chuy’s restaurant, you will love this quick and easy copycat recipe.
This soup is hearty, flavorful, and perfect for a cold winter day. Best of all, it only takes about 30 to 45 minutes to make. So give this soup a try today!
If you are looking for a delicious and quick tortilla soup recipe, look no further! Our Chuy’s tortilla soup recipe is easy to make and tastes real.
Plus, it’s perfect for a winter night meal. So, grab your ingredients and get cooking!
What is Chuy’s Tortilla Soup?
Chuy’s is a chain of Tex-Mex restaurants. The restaurant is known for its casual atmosphere and various Tex-Mex dishes.
Chuy’s Tortilla Soup is one of the most popular items on the menu.
The soup is hearty and flavorful. Chuy’s Tortilla Soup is a delicious way to enjoy Tex-Mex cuisine, one of the many reasons why Chuy’s is such a popular restaurant chain.
Can I make this soup at home?
You can easily make this soup home with just a few simple ingredients.
Chuy’s is known for its delicious and hearty soups, so this tortilla soup recipe is the perfect way to enjoy its flavors at home.
Our recipe is one of the most popular on the blog, and it’s easy to see why. This soup is packed with flavor and has just the right amount of spice.
How long does it take, from start to finish?
This delicious tortilla soup recipe takes about 45 minutes to make, including the time it takes to chop the veggies and shred the cheese.
But it’s well worth it because you’ll be left with a pot of piping hot soup perfect for a winter day.
And if you have any leftovers, they’ll reheat perfectly for lunch the next day. So go ahead and try this recipe – you won’t be disappointed!
What ingredients do I need to start?
In order to make Chuy’s Tortilla Soup, you will need the following ingredients:
Olive oil: It’s best to use light olive oil, so the soup flavors aren’t overpowered.
Onion: You’ll need one onion for this recipe. Dice it so that it’s in small pieces.
Garlic: You’ll need three cloves of garlic minced.
Chicken broth: You’ll need four cups of chicken broth. You can either make your own or use store-bought.
Tomatoes: You’ll need two cans of diced tomatoes. Look for a brand that doesn’t have added salt.
Corn: For this recipe, you’ll need 1/2 cup of corn. You can either use fresh, frozen, or canned corn. If you’re using canned corn, look for a brand that doesn’t have added salt.
Chili powder: This will give the soup its traditional flavor.
Cumin: Cumin is a key ingredient in this soup. Make sure to use freshly ground cumin for the best flavor.
Black pepper: A little black pepper goes a long way in this soup. Use freshly ground black pepper for the best flavor.
Tortillas: You’ll need six flour tortillas for this recipe. Cut them into strips before baking.
Cheese: You’ll need two cups of shredded cheese for this recipe. You can use any type of cheese that you like.
Cilantro: You’ll need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro for this recipe. Cilantro is optional but adds a nice flavor to the soup.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you will need the following items:
- A large pot or Dutch oven: This is what you’ll use for cooking the soup.
- A baking sheet: This is what you’ll use to bake the tortilla strips.
- An oven: You’ll need an oven to bake the tortilla strips.
Chuy’s is a popular Tex-Mex restaurant chain across the United States. The company is known for its fresh, made-to-order dishes and iconic tortilla soup.
This soup is the perfect way to warm up on a cold day, and it’s sure to please the whole family. So give it a try the next time you’re in the mood for a delicious and comforting meal.
Chuy's Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cans Diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 6 Flour tortillas (cut into strips)
- 2 cups Shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper to the pot. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread the tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with the tortilla strips, cheese, and cilantro.
Will this soup taste like the original?
Yes, this soup tastes very similar to the original Chuy’s recipe. However, the combination of spices, tomatoes, and corn gives it a delicious flavor reminiscent of the Tex-Mex restaurant chain.
This one is a great option if you’re looking for an authentic copycat recipe.
It’s easy to make and sure to please the whole family.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Yes, of course! This recipe is very forgiving.
For example, you could add some chopped chicken or beef to make it a main dish.
Or, if you’re not a fan of cilantro, you could leave it out or substitute it with another fresh herb, like parsley.
As for the tortilla strips, you could use corn chips instead. Be creative and make this soup your own!
Tips and tricks for a better soup
First of all, for extra flavor, try roasting the garlic and onions before adding them to the soup pot.
- Use fresh diced tomatoes for the best flavor.
- Add a can of black beans to the soup for extra protein and fiber.
- Use chicken thighs or breasts in this recipe, whichever you prefer. Just be sure to cook the chicken before adding it to the soup.
- For a vegetarian version of this soup, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Spice things up by adding a jalapeno pepper to the soup pot when cooking the onions and garlic. Remove it before serving if you don’t want things too spicy.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with freshly diced avocado, sour cream, or both!
- If you like your soup extra thick, try pureeing some vegetables in the pot with an immersion blender before serving.
- To make things even easier, use pre-cut tortilla strips from the store instead of cutting your own.
- This soup can easily be made ahead of time and reheated when you’re ready to eat. Just leave out the tortilla strips until you’re ready to serve.
- For a fun twist, try using blue corn tortillas instead of traditional flour tortillas.
Finally, top each soup bowl with crumbled goat cheese for a delicious and different twist.
This Copycat Chuy’s Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that tastes just like the original.
It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner and can easily be made ahead of time.
So, if you’re looking for an authentic copycat recipe, give this one a try. Your family and friends will love it!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: