There’s something about a steaming bowl of French onion soup that feels so comforting and luxurious. And thankfully, it’s an easy dish to make at home.
Plus, it comes in a convenient pre-packaged container that makes it super easy to prepare.
When it comes to Trader Joe’s French onion soup, you can either cook it according to the instructions on the package or come up with your recipe.
This blog post will show you the easy cooking instructions for this Trader Joe’s French onion soup.
So if you’re looking for a quick and tasty weeknight meal, give Trader Joe’s French onion soup a try!
What is Trader Joe’s French onion soup?
French onion soup is a type of soup that is typically made with beef broth, onions, and croutons. It is a popular dish in France and is often served as a starter or main course.
Trader Joe’s French onion soup is a prepared food product sold by the grocery store chain Trader Joe’s.
The soup is made with swiss cheese, onions, and croutons. It is packaged in a microwavable bowl and can be heated in the microwave. The soup is also sold in a canned version.
How long does it take to make this soup?
While french onion soup may seem like a complicated dish, it’s actually quite easy to make at home. Trader Joe’s French Onion Soup mix is a convenient way to get all the flavors you love without spending hours in the kitchen.
From start to finish, Trader joe’s french onion soup takes about 30 minutes to make. If you desire, you can add some additional seasonings, like thyme or bay leaves.
If you’re short on time, you can also make the soup the day before and reheat it when you’re ready to serve. Either way, you’ll have a delicious and comforting bowl of soup that is sure to please.
What do I need to start cooking?
In order to start cooking this recipe, you will need:
- A pack of Trader Joe’s French Onion Soup;
- 1 baguette;
- And 1 cup of shredded Gruyere cheese.
If you’re a fan of French onion soup, you’ll love this easy recipe that uses Trader Joe’s products.
This soup is simple to make and can be easily adapted to your liking. This is my go-to winter soup. It’s hearty, flavorful, and easy to make. Plus, it’s always a hit with family and friends.
Trader Joe's French Onion Soup
- 1 pack Trader Joe's French Onion Soup
- 1 Baguette
- 1 cup Shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, empty the French onion soup packet into a pot on the stove, and add two cups of water.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer.
- Cut the baguette into thin slices, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Top the baguette slices with shredded Gruyere cheese, then place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake the baguette slices for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the French onion soup in bowls, and top with a few of the cheesy baguette slices.
Can I use frozen soup?
If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, we recommend buying the pack of French onion soup from there. However, if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you or can’t find the soup, you can use a canned or frozen version.
We recommend adding a cup of water to the recipe if you’re using canned soup. If you’re using frozen soup, you’ll need to thaw it before adding it to the pot.
Do I need to use Gruyere cheese?
Gruyere cheese is a soft type of Swiss cheese with a slightly nutty flavor. It’s the perfect cheese for this soup, but you can also use another type of cheese, such as Swiss or cheddar.
Can I add some ingredients to this soup?
Of course! This soup is very adaptable. If you want to add some extra veggies, feel free to throw in some chopped carrots or celery.
You could add some cooked chicken or beef to make it a heartier meal. Just be creative and add whatever you like. We hope you enjoy this easy and delicious French onion soup recipe!
Is French onion soup from Trader Joe’s healthy?
French onion soup is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for centuries. While it is typically made with beef or veal stock, onions, and bread, the version at Trader Joe’s is vegetarian and made with vegetable stock, onions, cheese and bread.
At the same time, many people might assume that the vegetarian version is healthier. So, Trader Joe’s French onion soup is delicious and healthy.
Tips and tricks for a better soup
First of all, for a richer flavor, try using beef broth instead of water.
- For an extra cheesy flavor, try adding some shredded Parmesan cheese to the Gruyere.
- For a bit of a crunch, try topping the soup with croutons instead of baguette slices.
- If you want a creamier soup, try adding a splash of heavy cream when you simmer the soup.
- To make your own French onion soup mix, combine 1 tablespoon each of onion powder, garlic powder, and dried thyme; 2 teaspoons of paprika; and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- If you don’t have a baguette on hand, any type of bread will work for the cheesy topping.
- If you’re short on time, skip the simmering step and heat the soup until it’s hot.
- For a spicier soup, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper when you simmer the soup.
- If you want a truly creamy soup, try blending it with an immersion blender before serving.
- To make ahead of time, prepare the soup through step 3 and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat the soup before adding the baguette slices in step 5.
And finally, this soup also freezes well, so feel free to make a big batch and save some for later. Just thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stovetop before serving. For a fun twist, try serving the soup in hollowed-out bread bowls.
Things to serve with this soup
- A green salad: The acidity of the vinegar in the salad dressing will help cut through the soup’s richness.
- A glass of white wine: The acidity in the wine will also help cut through the soup’s richness.
- Bacon: The saltiness and crunchiness of the bacon will contrast the softness of the soup.
- Shredded Parmesan cheese: The sharpness of the Parmesan will add another dimension of flavor to the soup.
- Chopped fresh parsley: The parsley will add a touch of freshness and color to the dish.
- Sliced avocado: The creaminess of the avocado will balance out the soup.-Croutons: The crunchiness of the croutons will add texture to the soup.
- Arugula: The peppery flavor of the arugula will add some spice to the soup.
- Pickled red onions: The sweetness of the pickled onions will add some depth of flavor to the soup.
This French onion soup recipe from Trader Joe’s is delicious and easy to make. It’s perfect for a cold winter day and can be easily adapted to your liking. Just be creative and add whatever ingredients you like. Enjoy!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: