Need a refreshing drink to cool down on a hot summer day? This pickle lemonade recipe is perfect!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, it’s ready in 15 minutes. And it’s sure to be a hit for kids and adults alike. So what are you waiting for?
Let’s get started!
This pickle lemonade recipe is the perfect refresher! Ready in just 15 minutes, it’s light, tart, and deliciously addictive.
Trust us, you’ll be making this one all season long.
What is Pickle Lemonade?
Pickle lemonade is a refreshing drink made with pickle juice, lemon juice, and sugar.
While it may sound odd, the flavors combine to create a sweet and tangy beverage perfect for hot summer days.
The pickle juice adds a savory depth of flavor, while the lemon juice keeps the drink refreshingly tart.
The sugar helps to balance out the flavors and gives the lemonade a pleasant sweetness.
So pickle lemonade will hit the spot, whether you’re looking for something to cool down on a hot day or simply searching for a unique new recipe.
Can I make this lemonade at home?
Yes, this lemonade is easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
All the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. The hardest part is waiting for the lemonade to be ready to drink!
How long does it take to make this lemonade?
This lemonade recipe is ready in just 10 to 15 minutes! All you need to do is mix the ingredients, add some ice, and enjoy.
Tart, sweet, and refreshing, this unique pickle lemonade is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a summertime drink to cool down with or something fun and festive for a party, this recipe is sure to please.
So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
What ingredients do I need to start?
For this recipe, you’ll need:
Lemon juice: It’s best to use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe, but you can also use store-bought.
Sugar: You can adjust the amount of sugar to taste. If you like your drinks on the sweeter side, add a little more sugar.
Pickle juice: This is the key ingredient! Make sure to use dill pickle juice for the best results.
Water: You’ll need 1 cup to thin out the lemonade.
Ice cubes: To serve, add a few ice cubes to each glass.
Pickle Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup Lemon juice (freshly squeezed or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pickle juice (from jarred dill pickles)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Pickle slices (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, pickle juice, and water in a pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as desired.
- For example, add more sugar for a sweeter lemonade or pickle juice for a tangier drink.
- Add ice cubes and serve immediately.
- If you find the pickle flavor too strong, you can dilute it by adding more water or lemon juice.
- This pickle lemonade can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. Just be sure to give it a good shake before serving, as the ingredients may separate over time.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Absolutely! This pickle lemonade recipe is very versatile. If you don’t have pickle juice on hand, you can use vinegar in its place.
White vinegar and apple cider vinegar both work well. You can add more sugar or use a sugar substitute for a sweeter drink.
And if you want to get creative, try adding other fruits or herbs to the lemonade.
For example, a mint sprig or a cucumber slice would be refreshing additions.
Tips and tricks for a better lemonade
First of all, for an extra tangy lemonade, use all pickle juice and no water.
- Add a sliced cucumber or dill pickle to each glass for garnish.
- For a booze-y twist, mix in some vodka or gin.
- Use sparkling water instead of still water for a refreshing twist.
- Make a big batch and keep it in the fridge when those summer thirsts strike!
- Add a splash of color (and flavor) by muddling in some berries before serving.
- Get creative with your garnishes! For example, try lime wedges, fresh mint, or slices of ginger.
- Can’t get enough pickle flavor? Rim your glasses with pickle juice before adding the lemonade.
- Don’t have sugar on hand? Try honey or agave nectar as a sweetener instead.
- Feeling fancy? Serve this lemonade in mason jars with pretty straws.
- Make it a frozen treat by blending all ingredients (excluding ice cubes) in a blender until smooth. Serve in glasses and top with whipped cream and a cherry for garnish.
- If you’re not a fan of pickles, feel free to leave out the pickle juice altogether. This recipe will still be delicious!
Not feeling so thirsty? Try using this pickle lemonade as a base for vinaigrettes or marinades. It’s especially good with chicken or fish dishes.
Have leftover pickle juice? Use it in place of vinegar when pickling your vegetables. It’ll add a delicious tang to the finished product.
Dishes that go well with pickle lemonade
While pickle lemonade may sound like an unlikely combination, the tartness of the lemonade cuts through the richness of the dishes, making it a refreshing and surprisingly versatile pairing. Here are some dishes that go well with pickle lemonade:
1. Fried chicken – The acidity of the lemonade helps offset the fried chicken’s greasiness, making for a lighter and more refreshing meal.
2. BBQ ribs – The sweet and tangy flavors of the lemonade complement the smoky flavors of the BBQ ribs.
3. Grilled salmon – The pickle juice in the lemonade helps to bring out the natural sweetness of the salmon, making for a delicious and healthy pairing.
4. Roasted vegetables – The lemonade’s acidity helps balance the natural sweetness of roasted vegetables, making for a fun and flavor-packed dish.
5. Potato salad – The tanginess of the lemonade helps highlight the potato salad flavors, making for a tasty and satisfying side dish.
6. Macaroni and cheese – The richness of the macaroni and cheese is cut by the acidity of the lemonade, resulting in a dish that is both creamy and refreshing.
7. Chocolate cake – The sweetness of the chocolate cake is balanced by the tartness of the lemonade, making for a rich and delicious dessert.
8. Fruit pie – The acidity of the lemonade helps to bring out the natural sweetness of fruit pies, making for a tantalizingly sweet treat.
9. Cheese platter – The lemonade’s tartness helps cut through the richness of cheeses, making for a refreshing and flavorful pairing.
10. Green salad – The acidity of pop rocks helps highlight all green salads it hits! Which makes it a perfect partner for pickle-flavored drinks like our pop rocks mixed with pickle juice recipe.
Whether you’re a fan of pickles or not, this pickle lemonade is sure to refresh and delight. It’s the perfect drink for summertime gatherings or simply enjoying yourself on your own.
So go ahead and give it a try! And don’t forget to experiment with different ingredient combinations to find your perfect pickle lemonade recipe.
Similar Drinks from HotSalty: