Looking for a quick and easy way to make Outback Steakhouse’s Remoulade sauce at home? Look no further!
This copycat recipe is simple to follow and only takes a few minutes to make.
Perfect for serving with your favorite steak or seafood dish!
This copycat recipe is perfect for those who love the taste of Outback Steakhouse. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create this delicious sauce in no time.
What is the Outback Remoulade Sauce?
The Outback Remoulade Sauce is a condiment created by the Australian restaurant chain Outback Steakhouse.
It is a mayonnaise-based sauce with a mix of herbs and spices and has a yellow-green color.
The sauce is served with various menu items at Outback Steakhouse, including appetizers, salads, burgers, and chicken sandwiches.
It can also be purchased in bottles at some grocery stores.
The sauce has a tangy taste with a hint of sweetness and is slightly spicy due to the inclusion of cayenne pepper.
The Outback Remoulade Sauce is a versatile condiment that can be used on many different types of food, making it a favorite among restaurant fans.
Can I copycat that recipe at home?
Yes! This copycat recipe for Outback Steakhouse’s Remoulade sauce is quick and easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
You can find the full recipe below.
How long does it take to make that sauce?
Only about 10 minutes, plus at least 1 hour, to chill in the refrigerator.
Therefore, this sauce is best when made ahead of time, so the flavors have a chance to meld.
What ingredients do I need to start?
For this recipe, you’ll need:
Mayonnaise: It’s the key to making this sauce thick, creamy, and emulsified.
Ketchup: Adds a touch of sweetness and thick body to the sauce.
Mustard: Gives the sauce a bit of heat and tanginess.
Horseradish: Adds a nice amount of heat and zing to the sauce.
Worcestershire sauce: Provides savory depth of flavor.
Garlic powder: Gives the sauce a nice garlic flavor without being overwhelming.
Salt and black pepper: For seasoning.
Celery, green bell pepper, and red onion: For crunch and sweetness. Add some chopped fruit like grapes, apples, or pears if you want a bit of sweetness.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients, you’ll need:
A medium bowl: For whisking the sauce together.
A cover: For storing the sauce in the fridge.
A spoon or spatula: For stirring in the diced vegetables.
Outback Remoulade Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Diced celery
- 1/4 cup Diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Diced red onion
- Whisk the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the celery, green bell pepper, and red onion.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Will this sauce taste like the original?
Yes, this sauce tastes just like the Outback Remoulade Sauce!
You can even add in some diced avocado to make it extra delicious.
So if you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make sauce, this Outback Remoulade Sauce Recipe is a great choice.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can play around with the ingredients in this remoulade sauce recipe.
For example, if you dislike celery, leave it out or replace it with another crunchy vegetable, like diced cucumber or jicama.
You could also add in some chopped pickles or olives for extra flavor.
If you want a spicier sauce, add in more mustard or horseradish. And if you’re not a fan of Worcestershire sauce, you can leave it out entirely.
Tips and tricks for a better sauce
First of all, use a high-quality mayonnaise, such as Duke’s or Best Foods/Hellman’s
- Use good-quality ketchup, such as Heinz
- Use prepared mustard, such as Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- Use good-quality horseradish, such as Boar’s Head
- Use a good-quality Worcestershire sauce, such as Lea & Perrins
- Use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic to avoid any bitterness
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as necessary
- If you want a creamier sauce, add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- If you want a spicier sauce, add more horseradish to taste
- For a smokey flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- For a tangier flavor, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- For a sweeter sauce, add one tablespoon of honey
- For a thinner sauce, add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk
- The diced celery, green bell pepper, and red onion can be replaced with any combination of chopped vegetables that you like
Finally, this sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Dishes that go well with homemade Outback Remoulade sauce recipe
The Outback Remoulade sauce recipe is a great way to flavor any dish. Here are several dishes that go well with the sauce:
- Grilled chicken – The Outback Remoulade sauce perfectly complements grilled chicken. This sauce is great on chicken because it adds flavor and moistness to the meat. The remoulade sauce can also be used on fish, pork, or beef. It is a versatile sauce that can be used on many different foods.
- Fish tacos – The sauce adds a flavorful kick to fish tacos.
- Potato salad – The sauce helps to bring out the flavors of the potato salad.
- Shrimp cocktail – The sauce adds a zesty flavor to the shrimp cocktail. It is also very easy to make shrimp cocktails with the sauce.
- Hamburgers – The sauce gives hamburgers a delicious tangy flavor.
- Chicken salad – The sauce helps to enhance the flavors of chicken salad. The best way to make a chicken salad is to use rotisserie chicken.
- Egg salad – The sauce gives the egg salad a nice zesty flavor.
- Tuna salad – The sauce donated a delicious tang to tuna salad.
- Pasta salad – The sauce gives pasta salad a wonderfully zesty flavor.
- Macaroni and cheese – The sauce gives macaroni and cheese a delicious tangy flavor.
- Grilled vegetables – The sauce helps to bring out the flavors of grilled vegetables. If you want to make a healthier version of the sauce, you can use Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise.
- Pizza – The sauce adds a flavorful kick to pizza.
- Soup – The sauce adds a flavorful kick to the soup.
- Stew – The sauce gives the stew a delicious zesty flavor. The sauce makes a great addition to beef stew.
The above are only some examples of dishes that go well with the Outback Remoulade sauce recipe. The possibilities are endless. Be creative and experiment with different dishes.
This Outback remoulade sauce recipe is easy to follow and yields a delicious, flavorful sauce that can be used as a condiment or dip. It is perfect for barbecues and picnics.
You can customize the sauce to your liking by adding or replacing some ingredients. And if you make it ahead of time, it will be even tastier. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try, and enjoy!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: