Looking for a delicious cranberry relish recipe to bring to your next holiday gathering? Look no further than this fantastic Bob Evans cranberry relish recipe! This sweet and tangy relish is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, and it’s easy to make too.
All you need is a few simple ingredients: cranberries, sugar, vinegar, and spices. So get started on this delicious cranberry relish today, and your guests will be sure to love it!
This Thanksgiving, step away from the canned cranberry sauce and give Bob Evans’ Cranberry Relish a try.
With only a few ingredients, you can have this delicious sauce whipped up in no time. Plus, unlike cranberry sauce from a can, this relish doesn’t contain any high-fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors.
What do I need for this recipe?
To make Bob Evans cranberry relish, you need cranberries, sugar, vinegar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg.
Bob Evans Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup White vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, occasionally stirring, until the cranberries are soft and the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in a jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Some variations of this recipe
- Try adding a little orange juice for a bit of extra flavor.
- If you like your cranberry relish with a bit of a kick, add in some chopped jalapeno peppers.
- For a sweeter relish, try replacing some of the sugar with honey.
- Add in some chopped fresh ginger for a bit of extra spice.
- Experiment with different spices to find your perfect combination.
Can I store this recipe?
Yes, this recipe can be stored in a jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How long does it take to make this recipe?
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make.
Can I replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can replace some of the ingredients in this recipe if you like. For example, you could use white grape juice instead of vinegar. Just check all your ingredients’ labels to make sure they are gluten-free.
Can I replace the sugar?
You could replace the sugar in this recipe with a sugar substitute if you like.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Just store it in a jar in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free.
What can we serve with this recipe?
This cranberry relish is the perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey.
Serve this relish with your favorite ham recipe for a delicious meal.
3. Roast beef:
This cranberry relish would be great served with roast meat or other types of roast meat.
4. Mashed potatoes:
Add a little bit of this relish to your next batch of mashed potatoes for a delicious twist.
Mix some of this cranberry relish into your favorite stuffing recipe for a tasty dish.
6. Green beans:
Add a spoonful of this cranberry relish to your next batch of green beans for a flavorful side dish.
7. Macaroni and cheese:
Give your macaroni and cheese a boost of flavor with a dollop of this cranberry relish.
Serve this cranberry relish with roasted carrots for a tasty side dish.
9. Pumpkin pie:
Top off your Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert with a scoop of this cranberry relish.
10. Ice cream:
Serve this cranberry relish over a bowl of your favorite ice cream for a delicious treat.
Tips for storing Bob Evans cranberry relish recipe
1) Make sure the cranberry relish is entirely cooled before storing it in a jar.
2) Pour a small amount of oil into the jar’s lid, then screw on the lid tightly. This will help to keep the relish from spoiling.
3) Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
4) You can also freeze the cranberry relish for up to 2 months.
5) Thaw the cranberry relish in the refrigerator before serving.
6) Serve at room temperature or cold.
7) The cranberry relish will thicken as it sits, so you may need to add a little water to thin it out before serving.
8) If the relish becomes too thick, you can heat it in the microwave or on the stovetop. The cranberry relish can also be used as a condiment for burgers or hot dogs.
Tips and tricks to improve the recipe
There are some basic tips you need to know to improve this recipe. Below are some of those tips:
- Use fresh cranberries for the best flavor.
- Ensure the sugar is dissolved before removing it from heat to prevent crunchy relish.
- Let the relish cool completely before storing it in a jar in the refrigerator.
- Add a little more or less of each spice to taste.
- Try using different vinegar, such as apple cider or balsamic vinegar.
- Add some chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme for extra flavor.
- Use this relish as a condiment on sandwiches or burgers, or add it to your favorite salad.
- Make a big batch and give it as a gift to your friends and family.
- Keep in mind that this relish will last for about two weeks in the fridge.
- Cranberry relish is also served as a side dish with Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Finally, add a little bit of zing with a splash of hot sauce.
When it comes to the holidays, there are few things as iconic as the classic cranberry sauce. This is the perfect recipe for a delicious Bob Evans cranberry relish. This easy and amazingly delightful relish is the ideal addition to your next holiday feast. Enjoy!