Are you looking for a Zaxby’s fries seasoning recipe? Look no further! This recipe is a copycat of the restaurant’s amazing seasoning.
All ingredients are easy to find, and the result will make your taste buds happy.
Since Zaxby’s fries seasoning recipe is a closely-guarded secret, some people have resorted to trying to copy it by trial and error.
We’ll show you the exact ingredients, and how to make Zaxby’s fries seasoning at home, so you don’t have to guess anymore.
This recipe is spot on; you might like it better than the real thing!
What is the Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning?
Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning is a blend of salt, pepper, garlic, and onion that can be used to flavor french fries.
While the exact proportions of each ingredient are a closely guarded secret, the seasoning provides a flavorful boost to any batch of fries.
In addition to being sprinkled on french fries, the seasoning can also be used to flavor chicken, fish, pork, or vegetables.
So whether you’re looking for a way to add some extra flavor to your food or want to try something new, Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning is a great option.
Can I copycat that recipe at home?
Yes, you can! All of the ingredients in Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning are easy to find, and the result will taste just like the real thing.
How long does it take to make that seasoning?
To make the seasoning should take around 10 minutes. This includes mixing all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
Once mixed, you can store it in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make this copycat recipe, you’ll need:
Paprika: This gives the seasoning its characteristic red color.
Garlic powder: This adds a spicy, savory flavor.
Onion powder: This adds a milder flavor than fresh onions.
Salt: This is a key ingredient in any seasoning blend.
Black pepper: This adds a bit of heat and sharpness.
Cayenne pepper: This adds more heat to the seasoning.
Oregano: This is a classic herb that goes well with fried foods.
Thyme: This is another classic herb with a slightly minty flavor.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients above, you’ll need:
Airtight container: This will keep your seasoning blend fresh for longer.
A bowl: This is for mixing the ingredients.
Zaxby's Fries Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To use, sprinkle over french fries or other fried foods.
Will this seasoning taste like the original?
Yes, this seasoning tastes just like the original Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning. All ingredients are the same, so you’ll get that familiar taste you love.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, feel free to experiment with this recipe and add or replace ingredients to taste.
For example, if you don’t like oregano, you could try substituting it with another dried herb like basil or rosemary. Or, if you want a little more heat, you could increase the amount of cayenne pepper. Have fun and make it your own!
Tips and tricks for a better seasoning
Use fresh spices for the best flavor.
- If you can’t find all the spices listed, feel free to substitute them with others that you have on hand.
- This seasoning blend is also great on roasted potatoes or roasted vegetables.
- For a little extra zing, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving.
- If you like things spicy, increase the amount of cayenne pepper or add some red pepper flakes to the mix.
- To make a lower-sodium version, use sea salt or kosher salt instead of regular table salt.
- For a dairy-free option, omit the oregano and thyme, which contain milk solids.
- This seasoning can also be used as a dry rub for grilled meats or poultry. Simply rub it onto the food before cooking.
- To add a bit of sweetness to the mix, try substituting the paprika with smoked paprika.
This recipe makes enough seasoning for several batches of fries. If you don’t think you’ll use it all at once, store the excess in a sealed jar or container.
Dishes that go well with homemade Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning
Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning is a great way to flavor your dishes. Here are several things that go well with Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning:
- 1. Roasted potatoes – Cut washed potatoes into thirds or quarters and spread on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- 2. Fried chicken – Use the seasoning to coat chicken breasts before frying. Add a little bit of flour to help the coating stick. Fry in hot oil until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 3. Roasted vegetables – Toss diced vegetables with olive oil and Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning. Spread on a baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring once during cooking. Serve as a side dish or over rice or pasta.
- 4. Popcorn – Sprinkle the seasoning on popcorn for a tasty snack. You can also add a little Parmesan cheese if you like.
- 5. Quiche – Mix the seasoning into the egg mixture before baking your quiche. It will give the quiche an extra zesty flavor.
- 6. Deviled eggs – Mix the seasoning into the egg yolk mixture when making deviled eggs. Top with a sprinkle of paprika before serving.
- 7. Fried fish – Coat fish fillets with a mixture of Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning and cornmeal before baking or pan-frying. The cornmeal will give the fish a crispy coating without all the added fat of deep frying.
With this copycat recipe, you can enjoy the taste of Zaxby’s Fries Seasoning at home anytime. It’s perfect for sprinkling over french fries or other fried foods.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for some Zaxby’s, skip the restaurant and make your own seasoning home with this easy recipe. Enjoy!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: