Do you love the taste of McCormick chili seasoning? If so, you’re going to love this recipe. It’s a copycat version of the popular seasoning mix.
The best part is that it’s easy to make and takes just minutes to prepare. So, why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
McCormick’s chili seasoning is easy to make and can be used in many different dishes.
In this post, we’ll show you how to make it and give you some ideas for recipes that you can use it in.
What is McCormick’s chili seasoning recipe?
McCormick’s chili seasoning recipe is a blend of chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, and several other ingredients.
This combination of spices gives chili its characteristic flavor and heat.
To make McCormick’s chili seasoning, simply mix all ingredients and store them in an airtight container.
So whether you’re looking for a traditional tex-mex flavor or something a little spicier, McCormick’s chili seasoning is a great option.
Can I replicate this recipe at home?
This is a great one to try if you’re looking for a copycat recipe for McCormick Chili Seasoning.
It has the same spices you’ll find in the store-bought version, so it will taste just like the real thing.
Plus, it’s super easy to make and only takes a few minutes to put together.
How long does it take to make McCormick seasoning?
This seasoning blend only takes a few minutes to make and can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
This makes it a great option for meal prep or to have on hand when you need it.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make a copycat McCormick chili seasoning recipe, you will need:
Chili powder: It is the dried, pulverized fruit of one or more varieties of chili pepper, sometimes with the addition of other spices.
Cumin: Cumin is the dried seed of an herb in the parsley family. It is used as a spice and has a distinctive, strong flavor.
Garlic powder: It gives a milder, more mellow flavor than fresh garlic.
Salt: It gives the seasoning a salty flavor and helps to preserve the other ingredients.
Onion powder: It is made from ground, dehydrated onions and gives a milder flavor than fresh onions.
Oregano: It gives the seasoning a slightly minty and herbaceous flavor.
Black pepper: It adds a sharp, spicy flavor to the seasoning.
Cayenne pepper: It gives the seasoning a spicy, hot flavor.
McCormick Chili Seasoning Recipe
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Dishes that go well with homemade McCormick chili seasoning
McCormick chili seasoning is a versatile and flavorful ingredient that can add a kick to any dish. Here are several recipes that pair perfectly with homemade McCormick chili seasoning:
- Chili-seasoned grilled chicken breasts -pair with a salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
- Chili-spiced ground beef tacos – top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and cheese for an easy and delicious dinner.
- Chili-rubbed salmon – served with rice and steamed broccoli for a healthy and flavorful meal.
- Chili-dusted sweet potato fries – perfect as an appetizer or side dish. Serve with ketchup or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Slow cooker chili – top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and chopped green onions for a hearty and satisfying meal.
- White quesadillas with chili-seasoned chicken – a fun and easy twist on traditional quesadillas. Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side.
- Chicken pot pie with a chili-seasoned crust – a comfort food classic that will please everyone at the table. Serve with a green salad or roasted vegetables on the side.
- Turkey and black bean enchiladas – a flavorful and hearty dish that makes great leftovers. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, and chopped green onions before serving.
- Chili-seasoned grilled vegetables – a great way to add flavor to your favorite grilled veggies. Try pairing it with grilled chicken or steak for a complete meal.
- Mini chili pies – a fun and easy party food that will surely be a hit with guests of all ages. Serve with ranch dressing or sour cream on the side for dipping.
- Shrimp scampi with chili seasoning – a quick and easy weeknight meal full of flavor. Serve over pasta, rice, or quinoa for a complete dish.
The above are some of the McCormick chili seasoning recipe ideas, but you can use this spice blend in any dish you want to give it a flavorful kick. So, get creative in the kitchen and enjoy all these chili seasoning offers!
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can adjust the ingredients to taste. For example, if you don’t like cumin, you can leave it out or replace it with another spice. You can add more cayenne pepper if you want a spicier chili seasoning. Be creative and experiment until you find a combination that you like!
Tips and tricks for a better seasoning
To make a richer seasoning, try using smoked chili powder.
- Add a pinch of sugar or honey to the recipe for a bit of sweetness.
- Use freshly ground spices for the best flavor.
- Try different types of chili powder for different flavor profiles.
- To make a spicier seasoning, add more cayenne pepper or a hot chili powder.
- For a milder seasoning, reduce the amount of chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add other spices to create your unique blend. For example, try smoked paprika, ground coriander, or even cinnamon.
- Roasting the spices before using them will intensify their flavor. Simply place them in a dry skillet over medium heat and cook until fragrant.
- If you don’t have all of the spices on hand, you can omit any that you don’t have, and the seasoning will still be flavorful.
- To make a Mexican-style seasoning, add 1-2 teaspoons of chipotle powder or chili powder with adobo sauce.
- For an Indian-inspired seasoning, add one teaspoon of garam masala or curry powder.
- Create a southwestern seasoning by adding one teaspoon each of ground cumin and smoked paprika.
- Make a classic chili powder blend by combining two parts of chili powder with 1 part each of cumin, garlic powder, and salt.
- To make a Cajun-style seasoning, add one teaspoon each of paprika, dried oregano, and dried thyme.
Use this seasoning to flavor beef, chicken, pork, or vegetables before cooking or grilling. You can also sprinkle it on cooked food for extra flavor.
We hope you enjoyed this McCormick chili seasoning recipe. If you try it, let us know how it turns out! And don’t forget to experiment with the ingredients to create your unique blend. Seasoning food is an art, so have fun and find a combination you love.
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: