This Dole coleslaw recipe is quick, easy, and delicious!
Perfect for a summer picnic or potluck, It’s sure to be a hit with everyone!
If you are looking for a quick and easy coleslaw recipe, this Dole coleslaw is the perfect side dish for your next picnic or barbecue!
With only a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious and healthy coleslaw in no time.
So give this recipe a try the next time you’re looking for a hassle-free side dish!
What is Dole Coleslaw Mix?
Dole coleslaw is a type of salad made from shredded cabbage and carrots.
It is typically dressed with mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar. Dole Coleslaw is a popular side dish in the United States and Canada.
It can be served as a side dish or as an ingredient in other dishes, such as sandwiches and wraps. Dole coleslaw is also a common topping for burgers and hot dogs.
Can I make this recipe at home?
Yes, this recipe is easy to make at home. All you need is some easy-to-get ingredients, and you are good to go. So, don’t worry and try it at home.
How long does it take to make, from start to finish?
This recipe is incredibly simple and only takes about 5 minutes to prepare.
You only need to mix all of the ingredients together and then chill the coleslaw in the refrigerator for at least one hour. After that, it’s ready to enjoy!
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make this Dole Coleslaw Recipe, you’ll need the following:
Dole coleslaw mix: It’s easiest to use a bag of Dole coleslaw mix for this recipe, but you could also shred your cabbage and carrots.
Mayonnaise: You’ll need a half cup of mayonnaise for this recipe. You can use any kind of mayonnaise, but we prefer to use a light or reduced-fat variety.
White sugar: A quarter cup of white sugar is used in this recipe. You could substitute brown sugar, honey, or agave nectar for the white sugar.
White vinegar: You’ll need one tablespoon of white vinegar for this recipe. You could also use apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar.
Celery seed: One teaspoon of celery seed is used in this recipe. You could substitute celery salt or ground mustard seeds if you don’t have any celery seeds.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you’ll also need the following:
- A large bowl: You’ll need a large bowl to mix all ingredients.
- A spoon or whisk: You’ll need a spoon or whisk to mix the ingredients.
- A covered container: You’ll need a covered container to store the coleslaw in the refrigerator. We like to use a glass or plastic storage container with a lid.
Dole Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 bag Dole coleslaw mix (16 oz)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Celery seed
- Mix the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and celery seed in a large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can!
For example, if you don’t like celery seeds, you can leave them out.
Or, if you want more sweetness to the coleslaw, add another tablespoon or two of sugar.
You could replace the white vinegar with apple cider vinegar if you prefer. Feel free to experiment until you find a combination that you like best!
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
For a healthier version of this recipe, use low-fat mayonnaise or replace it with Greek yogurt.
- You can add some chopped apples or grapes for a bit of sweetness and crunch.
- For extra flavor, try adding some diced or green onions.
- If you want a bit of spice, add some diced jalapeño peppers.
- If you want a creamier coleslaw, add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- For a tangier coleslaw, increase the amount of vinegar to 2 tablespoons.
- You could also use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar for a different flavor profile.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free mayonnaise or replace it with Greek yogurt.
- You could also use a sugar-free sweetener instead of white sugar to make this recipe diabetic-friendly.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Try serving this coleslaw on top of a grilled chicken sandwich or burger for a delicious summer meal.
- Mix some diced red and blueberries into the coleslaw for a fun dish.
You could also add some chopped nuts for a bit of texture and flavor.
Dishes that go well with Dole Coleslaw
Dole coleslaw can be a great addition to a variety of dishes. Here are twelve recipes that pair well with this classic side dish:
1. Grilled chicken sandwich – the sweetness of the coleslaw helps to balance out the smokiness of the chicken
2. Pulled pork sandwich – the creamy dressing in the coleslaw helps to offset the richness of the pork
3. Fish tacos – the crunchy texture of the coleslaw provides a refreshing contrast to the soft tacos
4. Black bean burger – the coleslaw adds a brightness that complements the earthy flavors of the burger
5. Lentil soup – the lentil soup is hearty and filling, but the vinegar in the coleslaw helps to brighten it up. The vinegar’s acidity helps cut through the soup’s richness and gives it a little zing. We always add a little extra vinegar to our bowl, but you can adjust the amount to suit your taste. For example, add more sugar to the coleslaw if you like your soup on the sweeter side.
6. Macaroni and cheese – the sweet and tangy flavors of the coleslaw help to cut through the richness of the cheese sauce
7. Potato salad – adding some chopped-up Dole coleslaw gives this classic dish a new twist
8. Egg salad – much like potato salad, adding Dole coleslaw to egg salad gives it a bit of sweetness and tanginess
9. Chicken salad – similar to egg salad, adding Dole coleslaw makes the chicken salad more flavorful and unique
10. Tuna salad – again, Dole coleslaw adds sweetness and tanginess to tuna salad, making it more interesting than plain tuna fish
11. Pasta salad – incorporating Dole coleslaw into pasta salad gives it added crunch and flavor
12. Rice pilaf – adding Dole coleslaw to rice pilaf is a great way to add some extra flavor to this dish.
The above are only a few ideas – get creative and see what other dishes you can come up with that would be delicious with Dole coleslaw!
There you have it! Our delicious and easy Dole coleslaw recipe. Anyone can make the above recipe hassle-free. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Be sure to let us know how it turned out in the comments below. Happy cooking!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: