Papa Murphy’s pizza is a take ‘n bake pizza store. They make pizzas in-store and you can either eat at the small dining area or just take it home to eat there. Given that they don’t serve ready-made pizzas, many people wonder if we can freeze Papa Murphy’s pizzas.
The official website for this take ‘n bake pizza store says that you can freeze their pizzas, but not too long. It is recommended to eat them within 1 month of freezing.
Before eating one, make sure to thaw it out. You can either thaw them in the fridge or on the counter. However, they do not recommend microwaving their pizzas before eating it.
Can you freeze Papa Murphy’s pizza?
Many of Papa Murphy’s pizzas can be frozen. The following information will give you an idea of what kinds of pizza do and do not freeze well so that you can help determine which ones are best for you before purchasing them.
Papa murphy’s pizzas can vary in the amount of time they last in the freezer. Some pizzas can be frozen for up to nine months, while others have a recommended freezing time of only three weeks.
In general, most types of Papa Murphy’s crusts will freeze well if you wait until they are completely cooled to place them in the freezer. However, it would help if you never froze a pizza that is still hot or warm, as this can cause condensation and lead to soggy crusts.
How to freeze Papa Murphy’s pizza? Step by Step
There are a few simple steps we can follow to freeze a pizza correctly. Check below:
- Lay the pizza flat on a freezer-safe tray.
- Cover the pizza with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for up to three weeks.
- When ready to eat, bake the frozen pizza at 400 degrees fahrenheit until the crust is browned and crispy.
- If you want your oven to be extra-crispy, flip the pizza over halfway through the cooking process.
- Add your favorite toppings before baking them again to melt the cheese and heat all of your ingredients thoroughly.
- Allow the pizza to cool before serving it for the best results.
How long does Papa Murphy pizza last in the fridge?
Although a Papa Murphy’s pizza will last in the refrigerator for a few days, it is recommended that you do not store it there. This is not recommended because of how cold the fridge tends to be.
In addition, the more relaxed environment of the refrigerator causes the sauce and cheese on your Papa Murphy’s pizza to harden and dry out faster than they would in a warmer climate.
5 Things to take care of while freezing Papa Murphy’s pizza
1) Wrap the pizza tightly in freezer safe wrap or place it in a freezer bag to help retain its flavor and moisture.
2) Use masking tape to write the date when you put your Papa Murphy’s pizza in the freezer on either the plastic wrap or bag so that you know when it needs to be thrown out. This can also prevent confusion about the age of the pizza if there is more than one in your freezer.
3) Stack pizzas as far apart as possible to allow them room to expand as they freeze.
4) Put the Papa Murphy’s pizza flat on a tray before placing it in the freezer to make sure it freezes thoroughly and does not get bent or misshapen.
5) Keep all pizzas that you freeze in the freezer until they are completely thawed and ready to be eaten. If you take them out of the freezer for even a short amount of time, condensation could form on the cold toppings and make them soggy when they are reheated.
How do I know if the pizza is spoiled? 5 Ways
Spoiled foods should be discarded for a few reasons: food poisoning, risk of bacterial infection and parasites, and to prevent environmental damage. Here are five ways that you can tell if your pizza is spoiled:
1. The color has changed
If your Papa Murphy’s pizza has taken on a strange color (such as green or blue) or has started to become darker than usual, this is a sign that it is no longer safe to eat.
2. It hurts when you touch it
If your pizza has developed small, painful bumps on its surface (such as pimples or blisters), this means that harmful bacteria are growing on the surface of the crust and must be avoided.
3. It smells strange
When your pizza develops a sour or unpleasant smell, it is time to discard it.
4. The cheese has started to look different
If the cheese on your pizza starts to become brown around the edges, this is a sign that it has spoiled and must not be eaten.
5. There are visible mold spots
If there are tiny brown or white spots on the surface of your pizza, this is a sign that it has begun to grow harmful mold and must be discarded.
6 Ways to protect your pizza from getting spoiled
The following are six ways that you can keep your Papa Murphy’s pizza fresher for longer:
1) Place the pizza in a sturdy airtight container
Before placing it in the refrigerator, line the box with an airtight plastic bag. This will create an extra barrier between the crust and any potential damage done by air.
2) Cover the pizza while it is still hot
Immediately after removing your fresh Papa Murphy’s Pizza from the oven, cover it in a durable paper towel to prevent water from settling on its surface and forming mold. This will also help keep the pizza nice and warm for a shorter period.
If you have a second piece of pizza, you can place it on top of the first one and cover it with a lid to prevent them from drying out too quickly.
3) Store your Papa Murphy’s Pizza in its original box
This will help keep it upright throughout storage, allowing any condensation that forms on the bottom of the pizza to drop off to the sides and back into the box. This will prevent unwanted moisture from settling on the crust, forming mold.
4) Keep it at room temperature
You should never keep your Papa Murphy’s pizza in the refrigerator for more than three days because this is when bacteria are most likely to grow on its surface. Keeping the pizza at room temperature will allow it to remain fresher for longer.
5) Add a few ice cubes
If you are short on time and need to store your Papa Murphy’s pizza for more than three days, placing a few ice cubes in the box can help keep it cold without causing water to settle on the surface of the pizza.
Since moisture is one of the main reasons bacteria grow, keeping your pizza dry will help prevent mold from growing on its surface.
6) Make sure it is tightly wrapped
Before storing your fresh Papa Murphy’s pizza in the freezer, make sure you tightly wrap it in plastic wrap. This will keep the pizza from drying out and becoming freezer burned.
Papa Murphy’s pizzas can last in the freezer for up to three weeks and the refrigerator for a few days past their best-by date, which is written on the packaging. However, to avoid soggy crusts and other less than desirable effects, you should never eat pizza that has been kept in either of these environments for too long.
If you keep your pizza in the freezer for longer than three weeks, it will begin to take on strange colors and textures as the ingredients react to changes in temperature.
So, do you already know if you can freeze the Papa Murphy’s Pizzas and how long it will last in the fridge? Please, feel free to leave your comments below!