If you are a smoothie lover, you must be in love with the Avocolada Tropical smoothie recipe. It’s one of their most selling smoothies selling at their different franchises and earning thousands of dollars daily. And we can’t blame you for loving such goodness. The taste of juices and fresh fruits blended with ice, it’s too delicious to say no.
But actually, you should say no to all these commercial drinks, and for many good reasons. True, they are packed with lots of good fruit and greens, but they also have some unwanted ingredients that we dont want. For example, sugar in all these commercially made smoothies is insane. No doubt these smoothies are slush and sweeter than our homemade versions, but they are too unhealthy as Instead of real juices, they use concentrated juices to make it thick.
Smoothies should be healthy and full of flavors. So making it home is a very healthy alternative. Not only it saves a lot of unwanted calories, but it’s a lot cheaper as well. When making it at home, you can omit all the unhealthy sugar and make it more perfect.
In this article, we will discuss how to make the best Avocolada tropical smoothie at home in a very healthy way. We will also answer all the questions relating to the recipe and will share some tips and tricks to improve the recipe as well.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Avocolada Tropical Smoothie?
If we look at the ingredient list, it’s all healthy. The tropical smoothie has veggies like kale and spinach and some fresh fruits. The smoothie has:
- Lime juice;
- Coconut cream;
- And lots of ice
It’s rich, fresh, and packs lots of punch.
What’s in Avocolada Tropical smoothie recipe?
It’s a pure, healthy drink and a perfect energy booster due to its healthy ingredients. Avacado is an essential ingredient in this drink and adds not only its creamy flavor but a lot of nutrition to it as well. It’s a rich source of vitamins and minerals with potassium, magnesium, and folates. It also has healthy and beneficial fats.
Mango is a rich source of vitamin C, A, K, and B6. Kale and spinach are a storehouse of power and energy. They are rich in iron, and like we all know, adding greens to your smoothies gives you a good amount of calcium, iron, vitamins, zinc, and folate.
Other ingredients like coconut water and lime juice are also a source of minerals and vitamins.
Avocolado Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup Avocado
- 1 cup Mango chunks
- ½ cup Pineapple chunks
- ½ cup Spinach
- 1 tbs Honey
- 1 tbs Lime juice
- 1 cup Coconut water
- ¼ cup Coconut cream
- Ice (optional)
- Prepare fruits in advance if you are using fresh. You can use frozen fruits as well. I prefer not using canned fruits.
- Add spinach, mango, pineapple, and all other ingredients in a blender jug and set high.
- Blend thoroughly and make sure it's all smooth and slushy.
- Serve it in a beautiful glass.
Can I Replace Some Ingredients?
When making it at home, you can replace it any way you like. It’s not a baking recipe that may not give the perfect results. You can add anything you like or replace some of the ingredients. I like to keep the basics, and the rest can be replaced.
For me, the basics of this recipe are avocado and pineapple. You can add other fruits like kiwi, papaya, or even strawberries. However, fruits like strawberries and watermelon will be red instead of light green.
If you dont like spinach, replace it with kale or any other green of your choice. Add a pinch of Himalayan or black salt. It kicks the flavor and enhances them with a little tangy taste from lime juice.
You can use lemon juice instead of lime juice or any other juice of your choice. You can even add flax seeds or chia seeds for a protein punch. So feel free to replace the ingredients as you like. There are no other rules but to follow your instincts and preferences.
Can I Remove Some Ingredients?
Yes, you can feel free to remove as many ingredients as you like. Use anything you have in the freezer, and if you dont have some of the ingredients, you can still make it refreshing and delicious. Just make sure to balance the ingredients. Add green, tangy, creamy, and sweet fruits to keep them balanced and delicious.
Tips And Tricks to Improve the Recipe
Here are a few tips to improve the recipe:
- You may have to blend too much if you are using green. When I use kale or spinach, I blend the solid ingredients first with as little liquid as required for the blending. It gives a smooth puree and helps you to blend it perfectly. Once greens and other solid fruits are pureed finely, you can add liquid and give it a go for a second or two. Too much blend can cause unwanted foam on your smoothie, but this way, you can have it foam-free.
- Dont use sugar as it adds loads of unwanted calories to your drink. You can add a tablespoon of honey to make it a little sweet. Enjoy the natural sweetness of fruits.
- If you are using frozen fruits, you can omit the ice.
- Make sure to control and balance the liquid and solids or you won’t have the right consistency. This smoothie should be thick and slushy.
The Avocolada Tropical smoothie recipe is healthy and full of energy. If you have kids on a tough workout routine or want a nutritional drink.
Using fresh seasonal fruits makes it healthy and affordable. You can omit any fruit from the recipe or replace them with your preferred fruits. You can ensure fruit quality at home and get rid of artificial flavors and sweetners. It is healthier, cheaper, and safer than buying from famous outlets.