Bakers square candy cane pie recipe is an easy copycat that will amaze your holiday guests!
This delicious dessert is made with a chocolate cookie crust, layers of peppermint ice cream, and topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
Everyone will love this festive treat. Its sweetness is subtle and makes the taste of the pie yummier with the added candies. So why wait, just treat your family with it now.
What is the Candy Cane Pie recipe?
The candy cane pie recipe is a chocolate cookie crust, layers of peppermint ice cream, and topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes. This delicious dessert is perfect for the holidays!
Can I make this pie at home?
You can easily make this pie at home with just a few simple ingredients. And this would be a big delightful treat for your near and dear ones.
How long does it take to make this pie?
This pie takes about 1 hour to make. It is very simple, and you have to follow the steps, and your delicious pie will be ready.
Bakers Square Candy Cane Pie
- 1 can Sweeten condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Finely packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 6 Large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 7 ounces White baking chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Red and green candy cane pieces
- 1 Unbaked pie crust (9 inches)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream, brown sugar, vanilla extract, egg whites, and cream of tartar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Combine the granulated sugar and baking chocolate in a small bowl. Stir until the chocolate is coated with sugar.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Beat on low speed until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, candy cane pieces, and pie crust.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can easily add or replace some ingredients in this recipe. If you want to make it more chocolatey, you can add more chocolate chips or even use dark chocolate instead of white chocolate. You could also add a layer of Oreo cookies in the middle of the pie for an extra crunch.
And if you don’t like candy canes, you can omit them from the recipe. Whatever you do, this pie is sure to be delicious!
Tips and tricks for a better pie
By keeping a few tips and tricks in mind, you can enjoy a better pie. So, read them carefully as these small tips can make a big difference:
1. Use a recipe you trust: This is important when baking any pie, especially candy cane pies. Be sure to use a recipe from a reliable source to make your pie perfect every time.
2. Preheat your oven: This step is often overlooked, but it’s crucial for getting the perfect pie. Before baking your pie, be sure to preheat your oven to the correct temperature.
3. Use the right size pan: Another common mistake when baking candy cane pies is using the wrong size pan. Be sure to use a 9-inch pie plate so that your pie turns out the right size.
4. Blind bake the crust: This step is optional, but we recommend blind baking the crust for a perfect pie. To blind bake, pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes before adding the filling.
5. Make your filling: One of the best tips for making a great candy cane pie is to make your filling. Be sure to use fresh, quality ingredients for the best results.
6. Use a mixer: Be sure to use a mixer when making the filling for your candy cane pie. This will help to ensure that the filling is smooth and evenly mixed.
7. Don’t overfill the pie: Another mistake people often make when making candy cane pies is overfilling the pie. Be sure to fill the pie until the filling reaches the top of the crust.
8. Crimp the edges: This step is optional, but we recommend crimping the edges of the pie for a beautiful finish. Use your fingers to pinch the dough around the edge of the pie plate.
9. Cut vents: Be sure to cut vents at the top of the pie so that the steam can escape while baking. We recommend using a knife or a fork to make 4-5 slits at the top of the pie.
10. Brush with egg wash: This step is optional, but it will give your pie a beautiful golden brown color. Whisk an egg with a little water and brush it over the top of the pie before baking.
11. Bake until golden brown: Be sure to bake your candy cane pie until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set. This usually takes about 45 minutes, but ovens can vary, so keep an eye on your pie.
12. Let cool completely: This step is important! Be sure to let your pie cool completely before serving. This will help to ensure that the filling sets up properly.
13. Serve with whipped cream: One of the best ways to serve candy cane pie is with a dollop of whipped cream. Be sure to use fresh, quality ingredients for the best results.
14. Store leftovers properly: Be sure to store any leftover candy cane pie in the fridge. We recommend covering the pie with plastic wrap or aluminum foil so that it doesn’t dry out.
15. Reheat before serving: If you’re reheating leftover candy cane pie, do so gently. We recommend reheating in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Alternatively, you can place the pie in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
8 Side dishes to serve with this recipe
Here is a list of 8 side dishes that you can consider serving with this recipe:
1. Vanilla ice cream: A classic ice cream flavor that pairs well with the rich, creamy filling of baker’s square candy cane pie.
2. hot fudge sauce: A delicious chocolate topping takes the pie to a whole new level of deliciousness.
3. Whipped cream: A light and fluffy topping adds a touch of sweetness to the pie.
4. Caramel sauce: A rich and delicious topping that pairs well with the candy cane filling.
5. Chocolate chips: A classic topping that adds a touch of chocolate to the pie.
6. Nuts: A crunchy topping adds a bit of texture to the pie.
7. Sprinkles: A fun and festive topping that adds a pop of color to the pie.
8. Marshmallows: A sweet and fluffy topping that is perfect for the holiday season.
Making candy cane pie is easy if you follow these tips and tricks! Use a recipe you trust, preheat your oven, and use the right size pan.
We recommend blind baking the crust and making your filling for the best results. When it comes time to bake your pie, cut vents in the top and brush with egg wash for a beautiful golden brown color.