The 5 ingredient crockpot potato soup is an easy and hearty soup. It’s the perfect comfort food for a cold winter day. This soup is a portion of excellent comfort food. It’s healthy, strong, and can be made in a snap! You can make it either vegan or vegetarian.
If you love potatoes, then this Crockpot Potato Soup recipe is for you! It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s super delicious.
The best part is that it only has five ingredients. So if you’re looking for an easy way to warm up on a cold winter day, give this potato soup recipe a try.
How long does it take to make this soup?
Making this soup is very easy. It takes about 30 minutes to prepare and around 6 hours in the crockpot. But, of course, if you are in a hurry, you can always make this soup on the stovetop.
What Type of Potatoes Should be Used?
You can use any potatoes you like. For example, you can pick either red or gold potatoes, but you could also use russet, Yukon Gold, or fingerling potatoes.
It’s possible to make a soup with 5 ingredients?
Yes, it is. This soup isn’t just easy to make, but it’s also healthy. Potatoes are a good source of Vitamin C and fiber. Also, adding fresh veggies like carrots and onions gives this potato soup even more nutrients.
The five ingredients you will need:
- Potatoes (you can use any type of potato you like);
Note: If you want your soup to be vegan, make sure to skip the cheese and bacon garnish. However, if you choose to enjoy the soup with these additions, you’ll have yourself a very hearty and delicious meal!
5 Ingredient Crockpot Potato Soup
- One box of baby carrots (you can use any type of potato you like)
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- ½ lb Potatoes (chopped into cubes, about 3 cups)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Bacon bits for topping (optional)
- Chop potatoes into cubes, and place them in the crockpot.
- Add carrots, garlic clove, onion, vegetable broth, and water to the crockpot as well.
- Set the crockpot to LOW and cook for 6 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the crockpot off, and stir in cheddar cheese.
- Optional: Garnish soup with bacon bits before serving.
Can I slow cook the soup?
Yes, if you want to slow cook the soup, it will take longer for the potatoes to become tender. The cooking time may vary from 6-8 hours, so make sure to check on your soup a couple of times. You can also add a little more water if needed.
Can I replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can. You can replace the garlic clove or the onion with a tablespoon of garlic or onion powder in this soup. If you want to make your soup dairy-free, skip the cheese and add more carrots instead.
Tips and tricks to improve the soup flavor
1) Use a low sodium vegetable broth. It will add more flavor to the soup, but it will also decrease the saltiness.
2) Add spices like basil and cayenne pepper for an extra kick. Also, you could add other savory flavors, such as thyme or rosemary!
3) If you like spicy food, add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper! You can also add other spices such as paprika for an extra smoky flavor.
4) Add more veggies to your soup to make it even healthier and even tastier! Try adding in some celery and green beans.
5) To maximize the number of veggies you eat, leave the skin of the potatoes on!
6) Add a tablespoon of lemon juice for some zesty flavor.
7) Use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth to make this potato soup more flavorful and hearty.
8) Not only will some bacon bits on top add flavor, but they’ll also add some healthy fats!
9) If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Be careful when doing this, though – transfer the hot soup to a cold jar first and then blend it in batches!
10) Add some half and a half or even heavy cream for more richness and flavor.
Things to take care of while making this soup
1. Make sure to wash your veggies before you start cooking!
2. Try not to overcook the potatoes, because that will make them fall apart and lose their shape!
3. You can use cubed or diced veggies – it all depends on how chunky you like your soup!
4. To avoid having chunks of carrots in your soup, you can place them on a toothpick and cut them with scissors!
5. Don’t have an immersion blender? Instead, you can carefully transfer the soup from the crockpot to a blender or food processor!
6. You could also top this vegan potato soup with some extra veggies – try adding some celery sticks, broccoli, or cauliflower!
7. Don’t have a crockpot? You can cook the soup in a pot on the stove too! You have to keep an eye on it and stir it often.
8. If you like spicy food, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder to your soup while cooking it! You can also add soy sauce for more Asian flavor.
9. If you like creamy soups, try stirring in some half and half, sour cream, or yogurt at the end!
10. This vegan potato soup recipe makes enough for four people to enjoy – but if you want to make more or less, there’s an easy way to do this! Just adjust all ingredients to your liking and see what you need to do.
Things to serve with this potato soup
1. A toasted sandwich with cheddar cheese and avocado is a great side dish for this potato soup!
2. This vegan soup pairs well with crispy breadsticks, toast, or warm rolls.
3. You can also serve this soup as a starter – try adding some olives, pickles, or even croutons to the bowl!
4. For a healthy and hearty dinner, try serving this soup with some fresh fruit or a garden salad.
5. This soup also goes well with crackers or wedges, so try serving them with this vegan potato soup.
Is it possible to freeze this soup?
Yes, you can freeze the soup. Just make sure your freezer is set to 0°F if you want to store it for up to 3 months. Then, after cooking, transfer the soup into smaller airtight containers before placing them in the freezer.
This will help to keep food safe from bacteria and freezer burn. Also, do not reheat the soup in the microwave (or on the stove!) since it may not heat up evenly, and food poisoning bacteria can grow.
This is a clear soup to make, making for excellent leftovers. The best part about this recipe is that you can add whatever veggies you have in your fridge – it will still be delicious! This five-ingredient crockpot potato soup is a straightforward recipe to make, and it’s healthy too!
So, do you already know how to prepare and cook the 5 ingredient potatoes soup in crockpot? Please, leave your comments below!