Bourbon street chicken and shrimp from Applebee’s is a favorite for many, and you can make yours at home. The process is pretty simple for this bold, well-spiced, and flavorful dish. It will be a fulfilling meal option for your family.
You have to ensure you prepare it the right way to come out well. This article shows you how to prepare it, what you require and much more. Let’s dive in!
What Do I Need for this Recipe?
This Applebee’s meal is always a great option as a comfort meal, or maybe you want to make your family something unique. The recipe is fun to make, and it will always turn out great as long as you incorporate the right ingredients. Of course, as the name suggests, you will require chicken and shrimp when making it.
Not every kind of chicken, however, will fit in. Ensure you use the boneless and skin-on chicken breast. The amount you use will depend on the number of people you are feeding, but typically 1lb should be enough for a small family.
The shrimp should be peeled and frozen. 1lb of shrimp will yield four servings, so you may choose to add if you are feeding a larger group. You will need to season both the chicken and the shrimp.
Some of the things you may need to add to them will be salt and pepper. Add just enough for the amount you are cooking. Another essential ingredient that you require to have is olive oil. ¼ a cup should be enough for 1lb chicken and shrimp.
Also, you will require soy sauce, brown sugar, and bourbon whiskey. Ensure you measure the amount you need using measuring cups to be enough for the amount you are making. All these will come in handy when marinating the chicken and shrimp together.
How Long Does it Take to make this Recipe?
While making this meal is pretty easy, you will need to set aside an hour plus if you want to make it. It may not be as easy as most people think, but it will be simple once you get the gist of things. It requires you to have all your ingredients in check to save time.
The preparation process will take the majority of the time. It may take you close to one hour to get everything ready. You will first need to mix some ingredients dip the chicken in the mix, and marinate for one hour.
The step is essential since it allows the spice to get into the chicken, making it tastier. After the chicken marinates for one hour, you will cook it together with the shrimp. The cooking process should take about 20 minutes. At times you may take more than this time.
Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp Applebee’s
- 1 lb Peeled frozen shrimp
- 1 lb Chicken breast
- ¼ cup and two tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- ¼ cup Soy sauce
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 cut White onion
- 1 Quartered lemon
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 Cloves of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Ensure that all your ingredients are ready. Slice those that require slicing and those that need washing to wash them. Also, make the mixing bowl and cooking pot ready.
Step 2: Mix the ingredients for marinating
- Add a large bowl of brown sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, bourbon whiskey, and minced garlic. Stir them together until they mix well with each other.
Step 3: Coat the chicken and shrimp with the marinade
- Add your chicken and shrimp into the bowl. Ensure you coat it well with the marinade using some tongs. Once they are well covered, leave them for one hour to marinate. Allow it to marinate in the refrigerator.
Step 4: Sear the chicken on a skillet
- Melt the unsalted butter on a large skillet when the heat is medium. Season the meat with salt and pepper and keep it aside for later use.
Step 5: Cook the chicken and shrimp
- Place the chicken and shrimp on a single layer in a pan and cook them. The chicken should turn while, and the shrimp should be pink when ready. The process should take between 10 to 20 minutes.
Step 6: Bake the meat
- Preheat your oven at 360, then place the chicken and shrimp in it to bake. They should do so for about 8 minutes.
Step 7: Prepare the onion and pepper sauce
- Saute the onion and green pepper in olive oil until they are tender enough and set them aside. Add the leftover marinade into the same pan and allow it to boil.
- Whisk the sauce and allow it to reduce for about 5 minutes. Coat the meat with the sauce, and it will be ready for serving. Garnish it with lemon wedges.
Can I Replace Some Ingredients
Most of the ingredients are not replaceable when making this recipe. Changing them may change how the bourbon street chicken and shrimp taste and turn out.
Therefore, keep them intact for the entire process to get the exact flavor. The only thing that you may compromise is the unsalted butter, and in this case, olive oil will be the perfect replacement.
Tips and Tricks for Better Recipe
Cooking this meal may take time, and if you are not ready for this, you may opt to buy pre-made Cajun seasoning. It will save you so much time when preparing ingredients for marinating. If you choose to use it, rub it well in the meat.
If the chicken breasts you use are large and thick, slice them in half. Doing this ensures the flavor gets into the chicken well. Also, as you cook the shrimp, ensure it does not over-crowd in the pan.
Copy and paste all the steps and ingredients when making this flavorful meal. Thanks to its rich taste, it will be great as a family meal or even celebrations. Once you know how to do it, it will be easy to make.
So, what did you think about this delicious Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp Applebee’s recipe? Please, feel free to use the comments below to share your opinion with us!