Looking for an easy and delicious spaghetti recipe? Look no further than Fazoli’s Baked Spaghetti recipe! This dish is perfect for a quick and tasty dinner night. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftovers.
If you’re looking for a truly indulgent experience, add some meatballs or sausage to the bake. You can also top it with some fresh herbs for added flavor. Fazoli’s Baked Spaghetti is best enjoyed with a glass of red wine and good company.
So gather your friends and family, and enjoy a warm, cozy meal this winter. Ready to get started? Let’s go!
What is Fazoli’s Baked Spaghetti recipe?
Fazoli’s Baked Spaghetti recipe is a hearty, Italian-style dish perfect for a winter meal. The spaghetti is cooked in a rich tomato sauce, then baked with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. The result is a comforting, flavorful dish that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Can I make this recipe at home?
Absolutely! This recipe is easy to follow and can be made with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftovers. So go ahead and give it a try!
How long does it take to make this spaghetti recipe?
Fazoli’s Baked Spaghetti is a hearty, comforting dish perfect for a winter night. The recipe is fairly simple and can be made in about an hour. First, you will need to cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions.
While the noodles are cooking, you must preheat the oven and begin preparing the meat sauce. To make the meat sauce, you will need to brown some ground beef in a large skillet.
This recipe serves 4-6 people and can be easily doubled or tripled if needed. Fazoli’s Baked Spaghetti is a delicious, easy-to-make dish that everyone will enjoy.
Fazoli's Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 9x13 inch baking dish
- 1 package Spaghetti noodles (16 oz)
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 jar Marinara sauce (26 oz)
- 1 package Shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Drain fat and stir in marinara sauce.
- In a large potluck dish or 9x13 inch baking dish, layer cooked spaghetti noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
What is the best type of spaghetti for this recipe?
We prefer to use a thicker spaghetti noodle for this recipe, like Barilla’s thick spaghetti. We find that the thicker noodles hold up better to the baking process and don’t get as mushy. You can use any type of spaghetti noodle you like, though.
Can I use chicken instead of ground beef?
Yes, you can! If you want to make a chicken version of this recipe, simply substitute the ground beef for cooked, shredded chicken. You could also use turkey if you prefer.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Of course! This recipe is very versatile. If you don’t like mozzarella cheese, you could try using cheddar cheese or another type of cheese that you prefer. You could also add some vegetables to the dish, such as mushrooms, onions, or peppers. Be creative and make the dish your own!
Is this recipe gluten-free?
No, this recipe is not gluten-free. The spaghetti noodles and Parmesan cheese contain gluten. However, you could make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free spaghetti noodles and leaving out the Parmesan cheese.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want a cheesy dish, try using 2 cups of mozzarella cheese instead of 1 cup.
- Add some spice to the dish by stirring in some red pepper flakes or Italian seasoning to the meat sauce.
- Ensure to drain the fat from the ground beef before adding the marinara sauce. Otherwise, the dish will be too greasy.
- Try adding some sausage to the meat sauce if you want a hearty dish.
- If you want a vegetarian dish, simply leave out the ground beef and double the number of vegetables.
Finally, this dish can also be made in a slow cooker. Simply layer the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Things to serve with this recipe
- Garlic bread: Slice a loaf of French bread in half lengthwise. Spread a softened butter, garlic powder, and parsley on the bread. Wrap in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until bread is crispy. It is a perfect combo with this spaghetti recipe
- Salad: Serve a simple green salad with this recipe.
- Roasted vegetables: Roast your favorite vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, and Brussels sprouts, to serve with this dish.
- Garlic mashed potatoes: Make mashed potatoes according to your recipe or favorite method. Stir in garlic powder, chives, and butter.
- Macaroni and cheese: Make a batch of macaroni and cheese to serve as a side dish with this recipe.
- Steamed vegetables: Steam some fresh vegetables, such as green beans, to serve as a healthy side dish.
- Corn: Serve a side of corn with this recipe. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned corn.
- Fruit: Serve a fruit salad or your favorite fresh fruit as a side dish.
- Rolls: Serve dinner rolls or garlic bread with this recipe.
- Soup: Serve a simple soup, such as tomato soup or minestrone, as a first course with this recipe.
- Italian bread: Slice a loaf of Italian bread and serve it with this recipe.
- Wine: Pair this dish with your favorite red wine.
Can I store this spaghetti recipe?
This recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave until warm. Enjoy!
Things to take care of while storing this recipe:
- Make sure to cool the dish completely before storing it in the fridge.
- When reheating, make sure to heat until warm throughout- this will help prevent any foodborne illness.
- If you have any leftovers, eat them within 4 days.
- If you are bringing this dish to a potluck or party, be sure to keep it at the proper temperature (above 140 degrees Fahrenheit) to prevent the growth of bacteria.
Finally, when reheating, use a microwave-safe dish and heat in intervals so that the food doesn’t get overcooked.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can! This recipe can be made ahead of time and then stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, simply bake it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can! This recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply thaw it in the fridge overnight and then bake it in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This is a very easy and tasty dish to make. It is also a great dish to take to potlucks or parties. We use a thicker spaghetti noodle for this dish, such as Barilla’s thick spaghetti. However, you may use any variety of spaghetti noodles you choose. This recipe is also quite adaptable.