In this article I will show you the recipe directions for the perfect Gorton’s Fish Sticks in air fryer.
Looking for a healthy, easy-to-make fish stick recipe? Look no further than your air fryer! Gorton’s fish sticks are perfect for air frying, and this recipe is super simple to follow. Enjoy a delicious and healthy meal tonight!
These fish sticks are super delicious. I personally use less salt than what the recipe calls for, but other than that the flavor is spot on. The outside gets nice and crispy, while the inside remains moist. You can adjust your heat/cooking time to further accommodate this.
Can I cook Gorton’s fish sticks in an air fryer?
The answer is yes, you can cook Gorton’s fish sticks in an air fryer. You can follow the recipe given below to get the crispy fish sticks.
When it is done, you may want to add a little more salt and cayenne pepper because it doesn’t have much flavor without sauce. So you also need to brush some melted butter on top of fish sticks before serving.
How long does it take to cook Gorton’s fish sticks in an air fryer?
It takes around 25 minutes to cook Gorton’s fish sticks in an air fryer. Here is the recommended time for different wattages of air fryers.
|Wattage-Low/Med (400w)||8 to 10 Minutes|
|Med/High (600w)||6 to 8 Minutes|
|High (800w)||4 to 6 Minutes|
|Temp-Low/Med (250C)||8 to 10 Minutes|
|Med/High (300C)||6 to 8 Minutes|
|High (350C)||4 to 6 Minutes|
Gorton's Fish Sticks in Air Fryer
- 1 pack Gorton's fish sticks (10 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs, plus 1/3 cup for the flour mixture
- Italian seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, oregano, thyme)
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F/180°C for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, get the fish sticks out of the package and pat them dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are thoroughly dry or it will be hard to coat the fish sticks with breadcrumbs later on. Lay them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Prepare the breading station: You want to mix panko (or regular) breadcrumbs with some Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in one bowl; whisk eggs in the second bowl, and put flour in the third one. Coat each fish stick by following this order: Flour > Egg > Breadcrumbs.
- Place the fish sticks in your preheated air fryer basket. Air fry for 15 minutes at 360°F/180°C, turning halfway through the cooking time. Be careful when you take out the fish sticks from the air fryer because they are very hot! The final product should be crisp and golden brown.
- Heat some marinara sauce in the microwave and serve Gorton's fish sticks with marinara sauce and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy! You can also add ketchup or tartar sauce to your taste!
How many fish sticks can be cooked with 1 serving?
You can cook around 5-6 pieces of fish sticks in one go.
What type of oil is needed for cooking Gorton’s fish sticks in an air fryer?
You may use any type of cooking oil, such as vegetable oil or olive oil for cooking Gorton’s fish sticks in the air fryer.
No, You do not need to coat the fish sticks with anything.
Can I substitute another kind of fish for the original recipe?
You are welcome to try other kinds of fish to make Gorton’s fish sticks because you can use them as long as there are no bones. If you want to use salmon, it will probably take about 10 minutes. You may need to adjust the time according to how thick or thin your fish sticks are.
Can I adapt the recipe for cooking in the oven?
Yes, you can adapt the recipe for cooking in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer. Please follow the original recipe and put it into a preheated oven to bake. It takes around 18 minutes at 400°F/200°C.
What about leftovers? How do I store and reheat Gorton’s fish sticks in the air fryer?
You can keep the leftovers of Gorton’s fish sticks in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can reheat them in an air fryer or oven to get the crispy texture again. If you heat them in an air fryer, it only takes around 1 minute for one fish stick at 390°F/200°C.
Can I use frozen fish sticks?
Yes, you can use frozen fish sticks instead of fresh ones. But make sure they are thoroughly defrosted before you put them in the air fryer basket.
Can I use other types of bread?
Yes, you can use homemade or store-bought breadcrumbs for coating the fish sticks before frying. You can also use a variety of bread such as some spices, panko crumbs or corn flakes.
How can I improve this recipe? 5 tips for making it delicious!
- Make sure the fish sticks are thoroughly dry before coating them with flour, so they will get crispy and golden brown in the air fryer.
- Do not overload your air fryer basket because it will affect the hot air circulation inside the oven and make some pieces of fish sticks soggy.
- Always heat some marinara sauce in the microwave and serve it with Gorton’s fish sticks when they are hot out of the air fryer.
- You can add ketchup or tartar sauce to your taste if you want!
- The fresh fish is healthier but the frozen one is more convenient for cooking, so you can use either of them at your discretion.
Gorton’s fish sticks in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to make delicious and crispy Gorton’s frozen fish sticks.
It only takes around 30 minutes to make these delicious fish fingers from scratch. This cooking hack will change the concept of “convenience food” for you. Enjoy!