Today I will show you how to cook corned beef hash from a can. It’s a very easy recipe will you prepare in just a few minutes!
This dish is a classic for a reason—it’s simple, affordable, and delicious. And it’s easy to customize with your favourite ingredients.
If you’re looking for an easy and tasty breakfast or brunch dish, look no further than corned beef hash! This dish can be cooked up quickly using ingredients that you likely have on hand, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser. This article will show you how to cook canned corned beef hash.
What is the best way to cook canned corned corn beef hash?
There are a few different ways to cook canned corned beef hash. One option is to simply heat it in a pan on the stovetop. Another option is to bake it in the oven. And finally, you could also microwave it.
Which cooking method is best? That depends on your preferences. Heating it on the stovetop is the quickest option, while baking it in the oven takes longer but results in a crispy texture. Microwaving is the easiest method, but it can sometimes result in a softer texture.
No matter which cooking method you choose, cook the hash until it’s hot and bubbly.
I need to cook canned corned beef hash?
Canned corned beef hash is already cooked, so you don’t need to cook it further. However, you will need to heat it before serving.
How long does it take to cook corned beef hash from a can?
The cooking time will vary depending on your chosen cooking method. For example, heating it on the stovetop will take the shortest time, while baking it in the oven will take the longest.
How long it takes to cook corned beef hash from a can will vary depending on the brand of hash that you purchase. However, most brands recommend cooking the hash for about 10 minutes.
Cook Corned Beef Hash From a Can
- 1 can Corned beef hash
- 1 tbsp Oil (or butter)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Green pepper (diced)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- Heat the oil or butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and green pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corned beef hash and cook until hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Sour cream: Add a dollop of sour cream to each serving for a creamy and tangy addition.
- Chives: Sprinkle chives on top for a fresh and flavorful garnish.
- Parsley: Chopped parsley adds a bright pop of colour and flavour to the dish.
- Hot sauce: Add a dash of your favourite hot sauce to give the hash a bit of heat.
Some variations of this recipe:
- Add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce for extra flavour.
- Add a teaspoon of ground mustard for a bit of spice.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the pan before serving.
- Serve with a fried egg on top.
And finally, serve with a side of eggs for a complete breakfast.
Can I remove some ingredients?
If you’re looking to simplify the recipe, you can easily remove some ingredients. For example, you can leave out the onion and green pepper. Or, if you’re short on time, you can cook the hash in a microwave-safe dish. Just make sure to cook it for about 3 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Can I add other ingredients?
Yes, you can easily add your favourite ingredients to the hash. Some ideas include:
- Cooked bacon or ham
- Cheddar cheese
- Mashed potatoes
The possibilities are endless! Just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed.
Can I microwave corned beef hash?
Yes, you can microwave canned corned beef hash. Simply place the hash in a microwavable dish, cover, and cook for about 3 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Be sure to stir the hash halfway through cooking.
Can I store this recipe?
Yes, the corned beef hash can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Then, reheat in the microwave or a pan on the stove.
This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. The corned beef hash can be cooked from a can, which is convenient and easy to make. The hash is also seasoned with salt and black pepper, so it’s flavorful and tasty.
Tips and tricks for a better canned corned beef hash
Want to make this recipe even more delicious? So, there are still some tips you can follow! These are simple things, but they can make your recipe completely different. Below are some of those tips:
- Try using a cast-iron skillet for cooking the hash.
- Add some diced potatoes to the hash for extra flavour and texture.
- Use different peppers, such as red or yellow, for variation.
- Try sprinkling some shredded cheese on the hash before serving.
- Serve with a side of toast or eggs for a complete meal.
- Add some chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives, to the hash for extra flavour.
- Make a large batch and freeze it for later use.
- Use leftovers to make a breakfast burrito the next day.
- Try serving the hash with a dollop of sour cream or salsa on top.
- Add a layer of crispy bacon to the top for extra deliciousness.
- Cook the hash in advance and store it in the fridge for an easy breakfast or lunch.
And finally, use a different type of canned meat, such as chicken or salmon for variation.
15 Things to serve with this recipe
1. Fried eggs: Add a fried egg to your plate for a hearty breakfast.
2. Toast: Serve the hash on some toast for a quick and easy meal.
3. Bacon: Add some crispy bacon to your hash for a savoury bite.
4. Cheese: Add some shredded cheese to your hash for a cheesy treat.
5. Sausage: Add some cooked sausage to your hash for a heartier meal.
6. Gravy: Top your hash with some gravy for a delicious filling dish.
7. Chili: Serve your hash with a bowl of chilli on the side for a hearty meal.
8. Potatoes: Serve your hash over some cooked potatoes for a filling meal.
9. Pancakes: Serve your hash as a pancake topping for a delicious breakfast.
10. Biscuits: Serve your hash with warm biscuits for a hearty breakfast.
11. French toast: Turn your hash into a delicious French toast breakfast.
12. Eggs: Serve your hash with a side of eggs for a complete breakfast.
13. Burrito: Wrap your hash in a warm burrito for a tasty meal.
14. Quesadilla: Stuff your hash into a quesadilla for easy and quick meals.
15. Salads: Serve your hash as a topping on a salad for a healthy and filling meal.
Canned corned beef hash is a quick and easy meal that can be cooked in various ways. Try out this recipe and tips to make the best hash possible!