If you’re in the mood for a hearty and comforting meal, look no further than this white chicken chilli recipe from Paula Deen.
It’s a recipe with several ingredients, but it only takes about 30 to 40 minutes to make. If you have little time, but want something different and delicious, you should try this recipe.
This dish is easy to make and perfect for warming up on a cold day. Plus, it’s loaded with flavour and protein, making it a great choice for a nutritious dinner. So give it a try today!
What is the white chicken chili recipe from Paula Deen?
One of the most popular recipes for white chicken chilli is created by celebrity chef Paula Deen. This hearty dish is perfect for a winter night, and it’s packed with flavour. So if you’re in the mood for a delicious and satisfying meal, give this recipe a try today!
The white chicken chilli recipe from Paula Deen is a hearty and comforting dish made with chicken, white beans, and green chillies. So whether you’re looking for cosy comfort food or a tasty way to use up leftover chicken, this white chilli recipe from Paula Deen is sure to try.
This is an easy recipe?
Yes, this recipe is easy to make. It’s a great option for a quick and simple weeknight meal. This recipe for white chicken chilli from Paula Deen is pretty easy to follow, but it takes a little time to make.
First, you’ll need to cook the chicken in a large pot until it’s cooked through. Then, you’ll add in the other ingredients and let the chilli simmer for about 30 minutes.
You can always use a shortcut like canned diced tomatoes and green chillies if you’re in a hurry to save time. But overall, this recipe is pretty easy to make. Give it a try!
How long does it take to make this chili?
Well, that depends. Some recipes are really easy and only take a few minutes to make, while others can be a little more complicated and take a bit longer. For example, we would say, on average, it takes about 30-40 minutes to make Paula Deen’s white chicken chilli recipe from scratch.
Of course, that time could vary depending on the ingredients you use and how experienced you are in the kitchen. But with a little bit of effort, this chilli recipe is worth it! It’s flavorful, hearty, and sure to satisfy everyone’s appetite.
White Chicken Chili Paula Deen Recipe
- 1 tablespoon One of olive oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 cups Cooked shredded chicken
- 1 can White beans, drained and rinsed (15-ounce)
- 1 can Diced green chillies (4-ounce)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 can Diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5-ounce)
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, white beans, green chillies, cumin, chilli powder, salt, pepper, tomatoes with their juice, chicken broth and cilantro.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through about 10 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls.
Some variations of this recipe:
- Add a can of corn for sweetness and crunch.
- Omit the chicken and add a can of black beans for extra protein.
- Swap the white beans for kidney beans or pinto beans.
- Add a tablespoon of adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo for a smoky heat.
- Stir in a cup of frozen corn in the last few minutes of cooking for a sweet and crunchy addition.
- Add a diced bell pepper for sweetness and crunch.
And finally, you can adapt it to your taste by adding different spices or ingredients.
Can I replace some ingredients?
If you’re not a fan of one of the ingredients in this recipe, or if you’re running low on something, feel free to replace it with something else.
For example, if you don’t have chicken broth on hand, you can use water instead. Or, if you want to add a little bit more flavour to the chilli, try using a different type of chilli powder.
The great thing about chilli recipes is that they’re pretty versatile, so you can switch things up to suit your taste. So don’t be afraid to experiment a little bit and see what you come up with. This white chicken chilli recipe from Paula Deen is a keeper!
Can I add some ingredients?
If you want to add more flavour or substance to this chilli recipe, feel free to add some extra ingredients. Some good options include:
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Avocado slices
These delicious additions will make this chilli recipe up a notch.
Tips and tricks for a better chili
Do you want to make your recipe different and even more delicious? So, I recommend that you follow some of HotSaly’s tips. See them all below:
- Try using different beans, such as black or kidney beans.
- Add some diced bell peppers for extra colour and flavour.
- Use smoked paprika in place of the chilli powder for a deeper flavour.
- Stir in some shredded cheese and/or sour cream just before serving for an extra indulgent touch.
- Make a batch ahead of time and freeze it for later.
- Serve with some crispy tortilla chips on the side for extra crunch.
- Add a bit of heat by using spicy diced green chillies instead of mild ones.
- If you have them, top with some chopped avocado just before serving.
- Try using shredded rotisserie chicken in place of the cooked chicken.
- Use light cream or half-and-half in place of the chicken broth for a richer flavour.
- Add some finely diced jalapeno peppers for a bit of spice.
And finally, for a gluten-free version, use gluten-free chicken broth and beans.
Can I store this recipe?
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for two months.
Things to take care of while storing this recipe:
- Make sure that all ingredients are properly cooled before storing.
- Keep the chicken chilli in an airtight container or freezer bag.
- Date the container or bag, so you know how long it has been stored.
- Freeze the chilli if you plan on keeping it for longer than two months.
- Defrost the chilli in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Reheat the chilli on the stovetop over medium heat until warmed through.
- Do not freeze the chilli a second time.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are properly cooked before storing.
Don’t forget to store the chopped onions and garlic in an airtight container or bag.
Things to serve with this recipe
Do you need side dishes for this recipe? Do not worry! We have some suggestions for side dishes that you will love. Check below:
- Pretzels: Serve the chilli with some salty pretzels as a crunchy contrast.
- Cornbread: Serve a nice warm piece of cornbread with your chilli for a classic duo.
- Biscuits: Soft, fluffy biscuits are perfect for sopping up all of that chilli goodness.
- Rolls: Another great option for dipping is rolls. They’ll soak up all the delicious chilli flavours.
- Fritos: A classic dipping chip that goes great with chilli is Fritos.
- Chips and guacamole: Another favourite combination is chips and guacamole. Add some chilli to the mix for a fantastic appetizer.
- Grilled cheese: Grilled cheese is always a good choice, but it’s even better with some chilli.
- Pizza: If you want something a little different, pizza is a great option. Make a chilli-inspired pizza for a fun and unique meal.
There are ways to customize this white chicken chilli recipe to make it just the way you like it. So don’t be afraid to experiment a little bit and see what you come up with. With so many delicious possibilities, this recipe will become a favourite!