Are you in the mood for some delicious seafood? If so, why not try making boom boom shrimp?
This dish is not only easy to make but it’s also packed with flavor. Plus, it’s a great way to show your culinary skills to your friends and family.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious seafood dish, look no further than Boom Boom shrimp.
This recipe is simple to follow and only requires a few ingredients.
Plus, it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. So what are you waiting for? Give Boom Boom shrimp a try today!
What is Boom Boom shrimp?
While the dish known as “Boom Boom shrimp” has many variations, the most common version includes breaded and fried shrimp tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce.
The dish is often served as an appetizer but can also be enjoyed as a main course.
The exact origins of Boom Boom shrimp are unknown, but it is thought to have originated in the southern United States.
Today, the dish can be found on menus all across the country. No matter where it is enjoyed, Boom Boom shrimp is sure to be a delicious treat.
Why is Boom Boom shrimp so good?
Boom Boom shrimp is a dish that is packed with flavor. The amazing flavour of the crispy fried shrimp is irresistible.
Plus, the dish is easy to make, so you can enjoy it any night of the week. So what are you waiting for? Give Boom Boom shrimp a try today!
When it comes to shrimp, there are a lot of different ways to cook them. You can boil them, fry them, or even bake them.
The result is a delicious and addicting dish. So whether you like mild or fiery food, Boom Boom shrimp is sure to please.
What ingredients do I need for the Boom Boom shrimp?
You will need:
- One lb. of shrimp, peeled & deveined;
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch;
- One egg, beaten;
- One tablespoon of salt;
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper;
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper;
- 1 cup of vegetable oil;
- 1/4 cup of Frank’s RedHot sauce;
- And 1/4 cup of honey.
How to Make Boom Boom Shrimp
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, egg, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Coat the shrimp in the mixture, ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the coated shrimp to the skillet, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Mix the Franks RedHot sauce and honey in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, frequently stirring, until the sauce is well combined and heated through.
- Serve the shrimp with the sauce on the side for dipping.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, of course! Feel free to experiment with the recipe and add or replace ingredients as you see fit.
For example, you could try using a different hot sauce instead of the Franks RedHot sauce or a different type of honey. Just be creative and have fun with it!
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want a little extra spice, you can add more cayenne pepper to the cornstarch mixture.
- You can also substitute honey for another type of sugar, such as brown sugar or cane sugar.
- If you don’t have Franks RedHot sauce, you can use another type of hot sauce or plain old Tabasco sauce.
- For a healthier version of this recipe, you can bake the shrimp instead of frying them. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To save time, you can buy pre-peeled and deveined shrimp from your local grocery store.
- This recipe is best when served immediately, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you feed a crowd.
- If you want a little extra crunch, add chopped nuts to the cornstarch mixture before coating the shrimp.
- For an even sweeter sauce, add 1/4 cup of honey to the saucepan when cooking it.
- If you want a thicker sauce, add 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the saucepan when cooking it.
- This recipe can be easily halved if you are not feeding a large crowd.
- The shrimp can also be served over rice, quinoa, or noodles for a complete meal.
- Reheating instructions: simply reheat in a skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Substitutions: if you are not a fan of shrimp, you could use chicken, beef, or even tofu in this recipe.
You could add chopped vegetables to the cornstarch mixture before coating the shrimp, such as bell peppers, onions, or carrots.
Different things to add to make this recipe more flavorful
1. Andouille sausage – this smoked sausage is a classic accompaniment to shrimp.
2. Cajun seasonings – these will add some spice to your dish.
3. Fresh corn – this will add sweetness and crunch to your dish.
4. Cherry tomatoes – these will add acidity and brightness.
5. Green onion – this will add a touch of sweetness and onion flavor.
6. Garlic – this will add depth of flavor to your dish.
7. White wine – this will add acidity and brightness.
8. Lemon juice – this will add acidity and brightness.
9. Crushed red pepper flakes – this will add heat to your dish.
10. Parsley – this will add freshness and color to your dish
What to serve with boom boom shrimp?
There are many things you could serve with boom boom shrimp. If you are serving it as an appetizer, some good options include a salad or fresh fruit. Here are several things that go well with this recipe:
1. White rice: A classic pairing that lets the shrimp and sauce be the star of the show.
2. Brown rice is a healthier option with a nice neutral flavor.
3. Quinoa: A great option for those looking for a gluten-free option.
4. Cauliflower rice: Another great option for those looking to cut down on carbs.
5. Roasted vegetables: A healthy and flavorful option.
6. Salad: A light and refreshing option.
7. Pasta: A hearty option that will fill you up.
8. French fries: A fun and casual option.
9. Sweet potato fries: A healthier option that is still delicious.
No matter with which dish you are gonna serve this recipe, boom boom shrimp will surely be a hit!
So there you have it, a delicious and easy recipe for boom boom shrimp! Be sure to try it out, and let us know how you liked it in the comments below. And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: