If you are looking for a delicious and easy chicken recipe, look no further than Nelson’s Chicken recipe.
This recipe is a copycat of the popular chain restaurant and will surely please your taste buds.
The best part is that it only takes about 30 minutes to make!
o, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
What is Nelson’s Chicken?
Nelson’s Chicken is a popular restaurant chain in the United States known for its delicious fried Chicken.
This copycat recipe for Nelson’s Chicken is easy to make at home and just as delicious as the restaurant version.
The key to making this dish is to marinate the Chicken in buttermilk overnight, which gives it a juicy and flavorful taste.
Then, serve this Chicken with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Can I make this Chicken at home?
Absolutely! This copycat recipe for Nelson’s Chicken is easy to make at home and just as delicious as the restaurant version.
How long does it take, from start to finish?
This recipe only takes about 30 minutes to make, which makes it perfect for a quick and easy meal.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time. Just marinate the Chicken in buttermilk overnight, and then cook it when you are ready to eat.
What kind of dipping sauce should I use?
This Chicken is delicious with any kind of dipping sauce. Try it with your favorite BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or ranch dressing. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, try making your dipping sauce!
Nelson's Chicken Recipe (Copycat)
- 1 lb Chicken breast (cut into tenders)
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil for frying
- Place chicken tenders in a large bowl or resealable bag.
- Pour in buttermilk, seal the bag or cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Marinate in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, remove the Chicken from the buttermilk and discard the marinade.
- Place chicken tenders on a plate lined with paper towels and pat dry.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Dredge Chicken in the flour mixture until coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Chicken to the hot oil, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can customize this recipe to your liking.
For example, if you don’t like buttermilk, you can replace it with milk or yogurt. And if you don’t have garlic powder on hand, you can use onion powder or paprika instead.
So feel free to experiment and make this dish your own!
How do I know when the Chicken is done?
The Chicken is done when it is golden brown and cooked through. You can also use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the Chicken. It should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I use any other type of meat instead of Chicken?
This recipe can use any type of meat, but Chicken is the most popular. If you do use another type of meat, it may affect the taste of the dish.
How can I increase the shelf life of the Chicken?
To increase the shelf life of this Chicken, cook it thoroughly before storing it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for up to 5 days. Then, reheat in a skillet over medium heat before serving.
What things should I add to the Chicken to make it tastier?
You could add a few things to this Chicken to make it even tastier.
For example, add some chopped herbs, like parsley or rosemary, for an extra flavor boost.
You could also add a touch of honey to the buttermilk marinade for a little sweetness. Or, try breading the Chicken with crushed crackers or cereal for a crispy coating. Whatever you do, just make sure to enjoy it!
Tips and tricks for a better chicken
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can easily make your own by combining 1 cup of milk with one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before use.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, simply substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour blend.
- If you don’t have paprika on hand, you can substitute it with smoked paprika for a similar flavor.
- For a milder version of this recipe, omit the cayenne pepper from the dredge mixture.
- Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices in the dredge mixture to suit your taste buds. Some other great options include chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, or dried thyme.
- Chicken tenders cook quickly, so keep a close eye on them while frying.
- For extra crispy chicken, double-dredge the flour mixture’s tenders. Simply dredge them once, set them aside, and repeat the process just before frying.
- This recipe can also be cooked in an air fryer. Simply preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Serve this recipe with your favorite dipping sauce or condiment. Some great options include BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ranch dressing, or hot sauce.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd.
- Leftover chicken tenders can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers by placing them on a baking sheet and reheating them in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- This recipe can also be cooked on the grill! Simply preheat your grill to medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked.
- You can also bake this recipe in the oven! Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve these chicken tenders with a side of roasted potatoes, steamed veggies, or a green salad for a complete meal.
Making this Nelson’s Chicken recipe at home is easy and will save you money. With only a few simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes of cook time, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: