Today I will share one of the most picked up choices of Texas Roadhouse recipes. Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes are just commendable when served with brown gravy and tastes incredibly good. It offers a large variety of must try dishes and appetizers and recipe for one is here for you.
Texas Roadhouse is a family owned southern inspired restaurant that is best known for its quality of food. It is operated by the family itself and is situated in the town of Victoria, TX. It is best known for its savory, homemade meats and vegetables.
The restaurant was started with a very simple and easy recipe that was shared by the family, and now it has grown to be the premier destination for families for dine-in and is also known for its superior quality and convenience.
Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes recipe it’s very easy and simple to make and we’ll definitely result in a delicious outcome. Texas Roadhouse serves mashed potatoes with a brown gravy and it tastes incredibly good. Most customers have rated them as the best mashers.
How long does it take to make roadhouse mashed potatoes?
Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes is an American cuisine and is a main dish type. The average preparation time for making this particular recipe for six servings is approximately around 20 minutes followed by cooking time of approximately 30 minutes.
Hence in total you will be ready with your Roadhouse mashed potatoes for six servings in just 50 minutes.
Should I mix the potatoes by hand?
Hand mixers would be a suitable option to achieve the same consistency as the Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes. In place of that , a blender could also be used. As we use machine force on the potatoes they go from light fluffy to dense creamy.
Texas Roadhouse Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 Garlic bulb
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Medium peeled potatoes
- ¼ cup Butter,
- 1 Medium sized white onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup Milk (2%)
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Start by peeling out the papery skin from the garlic bulb but remember not two separate or peel the cloves.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the top of the garlic bulb so that each clove gets separated and hence apply one teaspoon of oil to each clove. Cover with foil and bake foil 30 to 35 minutes until soft.
- In a large vessel, heat the remaining oil on low heat and add chopped onions and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes with occasional stirring until onion turns to be golden brown. Remove the content and blend them in a food processor until smooth.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Let it boil. After boiling, leave it uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Discard the water and add butter, sour cream, cheese, milk, salt, pepper and onion to two potatoes with softened garlic. Mash until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the Mashed potato mixture in a container and let it freeze overnight. Cover the mixture and place it in the microwave at high temperature, with two times stirring and adding a little milk if required.
- There you go with your delicious Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes!
- For cheesy potatoes you can add half to One Cup of your favorite shredded cheese, for example parmesan cheese when adding salt and pepper.
- In case you have a craving for garlic potatoes you can add 121 and a half tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic then fold in salt and pepper.
How can I improve this recipe?
It will be more suitable to use medium sized red potatoes for Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes recipe.
Broccoli, extra cheese, herbs, bacon, black pepper, Chives and more flavors could be added to the above recipe making it super delicious. Consistency of the potatoes also are responsible for a good dish so at the time of mashing it’s important to check the texture of the potatoes, they should not be under mashed or over mashed.
Can I double the ingredients to make more mashed potatoes?
Yes, of course you can. You need to keep in mind that cooking times will remain the same for doubling the ingredients.
Approximately half pounds of potatoes per person are planned for Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes. Accordingly you can choose the number of potatoes that are needed to serve your guests.
Can I store mashed potatoes in the fridge?
You are not supposed to refrigerate or freeze mashed potatoes as they become soggy and greasy when thawed again. It is advisable to use it within three days after preparation.
How do I reheat the mashed potatoes?
You can microwave them with a little milk to keep the mixture moist. Add a tablespoon of butter, fold in salt and pepper according to your taste . Microwave for two minutes at high temperature or until heated. You may also reheat over low heat on the stove top adding a little milk or butter.
What if the mashed potatoes are overcooked?
They may become dry and dense so it’s important to check the consistency of the potatoes at the time of mashing them. If over cooked, you can add 1 tablespoon of butter, blend into potatoes mixture that will give them a creamy texture. You may also fold in some milk to give them moisture.
A recipe is used as a set of instructions to help you prepare and produce your favorite and delicious food , dish, drink. I hope the above recipe gives you a precise record of the ingredients used, the amount needed, and the way we need to combine them.
I recommend all my keen readers To try this recipe at least once and share your views about the Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes. It is simple, made from naturally grown ingredients, nutrient dense, thoughtfully prepared.
Talking of Texas Roadhouse mashed potatoes, one serving of this dish contains 290 calories in total which includes 22 grams carbs, 21 gram fat and 3 grams protein.
Comment down and let us know about your favorite recipes. Do let us know what were the toppings that you added from the top to make your mashed potatoes much more delicious and mouthwatering.