In this article I will show you how to cook Turkey Wings in a Pressure Cooker!
Turkey wings are one of the tastiest and easy-making dishes one can make out there. Remembering how my mother used to make it at every special occasion makes it more special for me and my childhood.
If you are someone who loves turkey wings however also likes to experiment with dishes this can be your next best experiment. And the other most tasty turkey wing recipe.
The recipe is super easy with all the basic ingredients available in your house and the market too. It isn’t very time-consuming and so you can make it in less time. The recipe will make the turkey wings more juicy and thick that will add so much flavor to the dish you will lick your fingers once you will be finished with the dish.
So without any further delay let’s get to the recipe and start making the very exotic turkey wings!
Can I cook a turkey in a pressure cooker?
Absolutely yes, you can cook a turkey in a pressure cooker. In certainty, it is much tastier than the turkey we cook in a traditional style that is the turkey cooked in the oven.
Turkey in the oven may take a bit more time than that in a pressure cooker. Moreover, it is juicier as its juiciness is not soaked by the heat of the oven and creamier which makes the dish perfect.
How long does it take to cook a turkey in a pressure cooker?
Turkey in a cooker pressure does not take much time to cook. It gets ready in about 25 mins. However, it may take so much time to get cooked in an oven. And so it is recommended you cook turkey wings in a pressure cooker if you have less time to cook the dish.
Turkey Wings in a Pressure Cooker
- Turkey wings
- Fresh garlic
- Heavy cream
- Chipotle Chilli powder (in case you don't have this kind of chili powder, you can always use the regular one for good spectacular flavors)
- Granulated garlic
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
- Add onions, paprika, cumin, granulated garlic, salt, and chili powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Now, season the wings with the mixture on both sides.
- Now, saute the wings and add 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressure cooker at the same time.
- Cook the wings for 4-5 mins. You can surely use help at this step.
- Now, step the wings aside once you think it's softened and cooked well. Moreover, you can add some more oil if you feel like it.
- Add onion to the pressure cooker and saute it for not more than 2 minutes and after that add a little garlic and let it sit for 20 seconds at most.
- Add turkey wings to the pressure cooker along with 1 cup of butter and water.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker for about 25 minutes. The pressure cooker may take some time to get to pressure.
- After 25 mins open the lid and let the steam release out of the pressure. Now, take turkey wings out of the pressure cooker.
- Once you have taken the wings out, mix 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and 3 tablespoons of water with a whisk.
- Put the mixture in the pressure cooker and let it settle for 5 minutes and do not stop whisking along the way. Once the gravy is thick, put heavy cream in and let the gravy cook.
- Serve the turkey wings with sauce and gravy and enjoy your meal!
How can I make my turkey wings juicer?
If you are cooking turkey wings in a pressure cooker it is already going to be 10 times more juice than if you will be cooking the dish in the oven as the heat of the oven consumes its juiciness. Moreover, you can make it juicier by adding more gravy to the dish once it is all cooked.
Moreover, you can also add a little lemon juice just in case you like it that way. The experience will not disappoint you for sure.
Tips and tricks to improve the recipe
Here are some amazing tips and tricks for you that will help you make your turkey wings tastier and will be less time-consuming.
- The 25 mins of the pressure cooker of the turkey wings include searing, cooking gravy, and vegetables too.
- You can also use cornstarch instead of all-purpose flour.
- You can also use chicken wings in case you can’t find turkey wings or if you don’t have any. However, chicken wings are smaller than turkey wings so they will be cooked faster and you’ll have to cook them for less time.
- You can also use chili flakes instead of chili powder. It gives you the same flavor if you don’t have any chili powder at home.
This is all about the very famous and mouth-watering turkey wings. The recipe is super easy and tasty to make. However, there are some good tips and tricks for you on how you can make your turkey wings better and more juicer.
There still can be some things that might confuse you and we have thought to make it airtight up to our end. I hope this helps you to meet your expectations and you like it!