What goes good with ham? Lets se 35 ham side sides for all occasions, just like dinner, for a party or other event.
Who will not like the juicy and smoky taste of ham? The good thing is that you can add it with a variety of side dishes and still get different and pleasant tastes every time. So, in today’s article, let’s cook up some amusing side dishes to go well with your favorite ham.
As a bonus, we have 11 Easter side dishes as well.
What goes well with a Ham Dinner? 7 Side Dishes
Pretty popular meat, fish, and steaks, mashed potatoes can make any dish succulent with its soft and creamy texture. To make your own mashed potatoes at home all you need is mentioned under.
Ingredients: floury potatoes, butter, milk, cooking oil, cream, spices for taste.
- Boil 6-7 potatoes in a pan or pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- Drain out the excess water and peel the outer skin of the potato.
- Mash them in the electric masher. You can also use the hand masher for the same.
- Add butter, oil, milk, and cream for even consistency. Garnish with some spices according to your taste buds.
2) Green Salad
Among all types of salads, the green salad is the best fit to embrace the flavor of your ham dinner. It is simple and convenient to prepare in under 15 minutes.
Ingredients: Onion, cabbage, tomato, cucumber, green beans, spinach, kale, okra, bell pepper, spices.
- Chop all the veggies on a plate separately.
- Quick fry the onion and bell pepper for 1 minute on high flame.
- Put on the other veggies and switch to medium flame.
- Add black pepper and salt for the kick. Mix well and turn off the gas.
Serve it in a bowl and enjoy!
This is 5 ingredient dish if you already have a cornbread mix at home. The comfort part is that your child will love it.
Ingredients: sour cream, a packet of cornbread mix, melted butter, cream corn, kernel corn.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 5 minutes.
- Add the corn mix, kernel corn, cream corn, and sour cream into a melted butter container and combine properly.
- (Take equal portions of creamed and kernel corn. Half the amount of corn muffin mix is to be considered.)
- Oven- bake for 45 minutes. And cool down for another 15 minutes.
The green feel and taste roasted broccoli can give is unmatchable. You can serve it at any hour of the day and still relish its savoriness.
Ingredients: Broccoli, pepper, salt, a tablespoon of lime juice, cheese to garnish.
- Cut the broccoli into fine pieces and roast in a pan with some cooking oil.
- Keep on high flame for ten minutes and then on medium for another 10.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper for the smack. Shred some cheese on top and dish up for diner.
If you wanna go for some side snack. Then choose a spaghetti squash recipe to cook. It fits like a glove into your weight loss diet plan and even helps you to get rid of digestive issues.
Ingredients: 1 spaghetti squash, black pepper, salt, virgin olive oil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash into 2 halves and clear the seeds.
- Pre-heat your oven at 204°C.
- Brush with some olive oil. Dust the black pepper and salt in preferable to your buds.
- Turn the piece upside down. (i.e. The sliced side should be at the surface of your oven tray)
- Create some holes with a fork for balanced cooking.
- Leave for 40 minutes and take out.
- Shred with the folk and knife after cooling down and then eat.
It is a good-to-go side dish or after-dinner dessert to lighten up your mood on a winter night. The pleasant smell once cooked will automatically attract you towards it.
Ingredients: Cubic bread pieces, Pineapple. evaporated milk, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, 3 large eggs.
- Remove the pineapple peel and crush it well.
- Merge 4 tablespoons of melted butter with condensed milk. Add crushed pineapple along with juice to it.
- Top up with a pinch of vanilla extract and half a cup sugar. Put in 3 whisked eggs and bread cubes into the mixture.
- Merge all the additives and oil the oven tray well and pour.
- Pre-heat the oven at 175°C and place it for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool down and groove up to your fluffy brown stuffing.
7) Deviled Eggs
If you are bored with classic boiled eggs. Then, let us cook the ones with some spicy
Ingredients: 6 eggs, Mustard sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and black pepper, mayonnaise.
- Hard boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer into the icy cold water for quick cooling.
- Peel off the layer and divide it into 2 parts.
- Drag out the yolk in a small bowl along with some mustard sauce, mayonnaise, black pepper, vinegar, and salt.
- Jumble and refill the white part.
What goes good with baked ham? 7 side dishes
Cheese with anything will turn it into a mouth luscious course to ingest.
Ingredients: Bread crumbs, cheese, salt, black pepper, macaroni, milk, all purposed flour, butter.
- Boil the pasta for about 12 minutes until it is soft enough to add to the sauce.
- For the sauce: Take a pan and melt 30g of butter in it.
- Carry on the process with all-purpose flour. Do not forget to stir to avoid lumps.
- Gradually pour the condensed milk bit by bit. Whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Drizzle salt and pepper as seasoning. Mingle the boiled pasta into the sauce.
- Grate the cheese on top.
- In the oven: Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Shift into a baking bowl greased with butter.
- Form a layer of bread crumbs over it. Mince again with mozzarella and cheese.
- Place into an oven for 10 minutes to let the cheese melt and fluff up your mac-cheese.
Do you know a fact? Carrots were first used as medicine. But the amusing taste leads to consuming it as food.
Ingredients: 1pound of baby carrots, butter, honey, lime juice black pepper.
- Boil the sliced carrots for 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Void the excess water. Take out a non-stick pan and prepend with butter and re-add a tablespoon of lime juice with 4 spoons of honey.
- Powder with some salt and black pepper until the carrots are coated with glaze. Garnish with parsley.
We love artichokes since childhood and are still fond of hearts at every diner gathering. As it takes a long to cook, so rather go for grilled ones.
The directions are simple to follow:
- Trim the outer layer with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut it into half. Remove the inner and fuzzy leaves. Rub the lemon within the fine leaves.
- Brush with herb-infused oil and grill.
- Cover the griller on high heat.
- Your heart artichokes will be ready in 7-10 minutes to serve.
Baked ham with a top of creamed spinach is appetizing to swallow.
Ingredients: unsalted butter, onion, garlic, herbs, milk, baby spinach leaves, cornflour, grated cheese.
- Produce a cream with the help of a half cup of butter into a pan.
- Intermingle with cornflour.
- Spill a cup of milk frequently and whisk well.
- Adjoin with fried onion and garlic. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper and draw off the boiled spinach to it.
- Let it cool and sink into its deliciousness.
5) Quick Greens
Collard greens are a 5-minute cooking recipe with one basic ingredient.
- For directions: Finely chop the collard leaves after washing and drying.
- Sautee in a greased pan for 5 minutes with the drizzle of chili and garlic flakes on top.
- Pass on to the plate and squeeze some lemon over it.
As depicted from the name. This is gonna be a sweet and tangy one to hit your buds.
- Directions: Place a pan of 2 pound apple and 1 pound rhubarb chunks with 1/2 cup water on a stove to soften the mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar and a tablespoon of cinnamon powder for taste.
- Once prepared, Blend it in a mixer to mash properly.
- Enjoy after cooling down at room temperature. Store in a refrigerator and use for up to 2 weeks.
7) Red Cabbage
With an hour of hard work, you will love the results in the end.
I can bet on that:
- Cleanse well after peeling the core. Chop into fine shreds.
- Infuse into a pan with red onion, sugar, butter, red wine, vinegar, and some seasonings of your choice.
- Cover with a lid and check the pan constantly.
- Let it cook for an hour to be palatable.
What to serve with ham steak? 5 side dishes
Simple and high-calorie cheese is acceptable if you have an undeniable love for food.
Ingredients: Frozen boiled potatoes, cheddar cheese, butter, sour cream, chips, pepper, and salt.
- Smash the potatoes in a bowl and mix with salt, pepper, and sour cream.
- Transfer into a butter greased baking container. Layer with shredded pieces of chips for a crispy taste.
- Cover perfectly with cheddar cheese and let it bake for 45 minutes.
Save your time and energy with this easy and quick coleslaw dressing to serve along with your ham steak.
Combine the Grated coleslaw mix well with:
- 1 spoon vinegar and lemon juice.
- Quarter cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste.
And it is ready to polish off your steak.
You can undoubtedly place your grilled ham steak into these rolls and stick to this side dish forever. More than a side dish, it is a kind of a necessity to double the strike of flavor.
Bounce the taste with some
sandwich sauces and veggies. Treat it as a burger or a bun. You can even grill your homemade burger to take advantage of the double treat.
If you are expecting something bitter. Then, let me rub out your worry. The
roasting process will fade away the bitterness of the asparagus making it salty and crumbly.
You can either roast them in an oven or gas stove according to your choice.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes.
- In 3 tablespoons of olive oil, Sautee a garlic paste with thin and trimmed pieces of asparagus.
- Toss over some salt and black pepper with a tablespoon of lime juice.
Don’t mistake the parsnip for carrot or parsley if you are buying it for the first time. Better ask the shopkeeper to avoid variation in taste.
- Roast the long-narrow cut parsnips just like other dishes until light brown.
- Coat with a thick layer of honey just before turning off the gas.
- Rejoice the delightful into your plate.
5 Side Dishes for a Ham Sandwich
The all-time approved side item before or along with our appetizers is nachos and dips. A party will never begin without these crunchy triangular pieces and drinks on the table.
And the increase in a type of dips will boost up the craziness to try each one. From kids to adults everyone loves them.
You can also replace it with bowls of pringles and Cheetos.
One creamy sandwich with another cheesy pasta is like a deal of gold with diamonds.
Even though your stomach is full. you can’t utter a ‘No’ to pasta. Whether spaghetti or penne both will manage to uplift your day with mouth-watering cheese on top.
Being a pro just cook it at home or if not. Better purchase an instantly cook pouch for comfort.
After boiling your macaroni for 15 minutes. Drain out the water and Amalgamate with some veggie salad. No need to fry or roast the veggies.
So this time, try mac with cream instead of a block of cheese and still get a heavenly buzz on your tongue.
Plus, Do not make the seasonings feel left behind.
Grilled juicy pineapples with a ham sandwich feel like a dessert prepared beforehand. The call for something sweet after a spicy food is natural. And our very own grilled pineapples overlayed in honey will satisfy your urge.
(Tip: Laminate in the pineapples with honey after grilling is done and served on a plate.)
5) Fruit Salad
A lot of us love a combo of fruit with sandwiches, especially at the breakfast. So, why not consider the ham sandwich with a fresh plate of your favorite fruit salad?
Sip with some orange or pineapple juice and have a whale of a pleasant time.
(Tip: You can make a salad with any of your personal favorite or according to season fruits.)
11 Easter Side Dishes with Ham
Easter comes up with a lot of stress about thanksgiving or diner foods. 90% of the households tend to serve ham as a main dish of the night. And you are one among them and can’t decide on the other dishes. Then, follow the directions below for the perfect outcomes:
Roasting a mushroom with minced garlic is the last time savior in every situation. It will act both as a starter or main course when served on a table. It is one of the low-calorie, fiber-rich dishes to rely on. If you don’t care about calories, then I will suggest you try the dish with some cream too. Maybe, you will love that too.
When adjoined with basil pesto and pine nuts. The fried beans give out a smoky and authentic flavor to please our taste buds. As there is no junk and all healthy dish, you can even add them to your cooking schedule. Moreover, the cooking time is even short and handy for your busy days.
Children enjoy potatoes in any edible form. While keeping in mind the kid’s favorites.
We have a recommendation for leaf potatoes to prepare.
They taste just like homemade chips with more tang and crispy twists. You can even garnish them with some mayo and burger sauces to intensify the child’s thirst or hunger for it.
Make an asparagus pesto puree by blending the asparagus, spinach, garlic, parmesan, and a cup of pine nuts into a mixer.
- Go for dried pasta with this puree and sautee well.
- Garnish some cheese on top too.
We usually look for a good roll or bread to eat with the vegetables. The curry, creamy, grilled, baked or, roasted; all veggies and soups too.
They suit-well with anything, starting from Italian pasta to creamy salads. However, garlic slices of bread can even be consumed separately when stuffed with some veggies, corn, and cheese while baking.
Most of us run away after hearing the fried sprouts as a dinner dish. But It reverses the concept when baked in a heavy cream filled with cheese.
After stir-frying, transfer the creamy sprouts into a greased baking tray. Bake for minutes and let the cheese show its softness and fluffiness into the dish.
It is kind of a pie loaded with spinach and cheese yet loved.
- Pre-heat the oven at 190°C. Prepare the two mixtures separately and then combine them into the pie crust before baking.
- 1st mixture: Fried garlic, onion, spinach, and mushroom.
- 2nd mixture: Whisked eggs with milk, salt, and pepper.
- Affix the two into a pie crust. Cover with some cheese shreds and bake for 40 minutes until brown and fluffy.
At least one soup is a must on a diner with a variety of side dishes. This sweet and sour one is healthy and nutritious for all. To enhance the likeness, try to make it more creamy by pouring in some extra milk and all-purpose flour for the gravy.
In contrast to mashed potatoes, Cauli flour is also impressive to taste.
- Chop into small pieces and boil for 12 minutes until soft.
- Mash into a mixer with butter, salt, black pepper, sour cream and stocked powder after draining out the water.
- Discharge into the bowl. Add melted butter and coriander leaves for garnish.
Celebrations start days before the event. So, this time why not try something new and Prepare your dessert at home. It will make your loved one feel happier to eat your handmade biscuits with love and blessings. You can count in muffins too.
This is my personal favorite too. Veggies served into the halves of bell pepper feel like a mini bowl of vegetable platter into your hands. Top up with your favorite sauce and easy to scoop out with a spoon.
Hope our recipes will help you with appreciable comments from your family and friends. Do not forget to share your reviews too.
Finally, you can also watch the video below to see some more ham side dishes:
So, do you already know what goes good with ham and the best side dishes? Please, feel free to leave your comments below!
Other side dishes:
- What To Make For Dinner With Ground Beef? 22 Ground Beef Ideas!
- 4 Alternatives: What Sauce to Serve With Spinach Ravioli?
- What To Serve With Salad As A Main Dish? 15 Delicious Choices
- 12 Side dishes: What to Eat With Meatballs (BBQ and Chicken)
What Goes Good With Ham? 35 Side Dishes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Salad
- Corn Casserole / Bread
- Roasted Broccoli
- Spaghetti Squash
- Pineapple Souffle
- Deviled Eggs
- Prepare the ham.
- Prepare the side dishes.
- Enjoy your delicious meal!