Looking for a new and exciting way to season your food? Then check out this Calabrian chili rub recipe!
With its spicy and smoky flavor, this rub is perfect for adding a unique twist to any dish. So why not give it a try today?
This Calabrian chili rub recipe is very spicy! The rub can be used on meats, vegetables, or even just sprinkled on top of pasta. It’s also great for gift giving.
Make a chili rub that is so spicy that it will set your taste buds on fire. You will love this recipe if you love hot and spicy food.
It is perfect for grilled meats and seafood.
What is Calabrian Chili Rub?
Calabrian chili rub is a type of spice blend that originates from the Calabria region of Italy. The main ingredient in the rub is, of course, chili peppers, which are traditionally dried and ground into a powder.
Other common ingredients include garlic, salt, oregano, and black pepper. It adds a subtle heat to food without overwhelming the other flavors.
A calabrian chili rub is a great option if you’re looking for a new way to add flavor to your cooking.
Can I make Calabrian Chili Rub at home?
Yes, you can certainly make Calabrian chili rub at home. The most difficult ingredient to find may be the dried chili peppers, but they can usually be sourced online or at specialty food stores.
Once you have all the ingredients, simply mix them together and store them in an airtight container. The rub will keep for several months.
What ingredients do I need for this chili rub?
To make this chili rub, you’ll need:
- Chili powder;
- Onion powder;
- Garlic powder;
- Black pepper;
- And cayenne pepper.
Calabrian Chili Rub Recipe
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 taspoon Paprika
- 1 taspoon Salt
- 1 taspoon Onion powder
- 1 taspoon Garlic powder
- teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Use as needed to add flavor and heat to your favorite dishes!
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can certainly add or replace some of the ingredients in this chili rub recipe.
For example, if you don’t have cayenne pepper, you could use another type of chili powder or add more paprika to increase the overall spiciness.
Similarly, if you don’t have oregano, you could use other type of herbs such as thyme or basil. Feel free to experiment and make the recipe your own.
Is Calabrian Chili Rub spicy?
Calabrian chili rub is typically very spicy, with a Scoville rating of 30,000 to 50,000 units. This means that they are about as spicy as a habanero chili pepper.
The heat level of Calabrian chili rub can vary depending on how it is prepared, so it is best to ask the person who made it how spicy it is before you try it.
If you enjoy spicy food, you may want to try it. Just be sure to have a glass of milk handy in case the heat gets too much.
Is it OK to use Calabrian chili rub daily?
There’s no need to be shy about spicing up your life with Calabrian chili rub. This zesty seasoning can add a flavorful kick to any dish and is perfect for those who enjoy a little heat in their food.
While it’s true that Calabrian chili pepper is on the spicy side, using it in moderation won’t do any harm.
Many people find that a little bit of spice can help to improve their overall health. So go ahead and give Calabrian chili rub a try!
Is Calabrian Chili Rub suitable for those who are sensitive to spicy food?
While Calabrian chili peppers are among the spiciest in the world, the rub is mild.
This is because the peppers are used sparingly, and most of the blend is made up of other ingredients like salt, garlic, and paprika.
As a result, the rub is suitable for those sensitive to spicy food. Many people find that the flavor of the Calabrian chili rub is more than tolerable.
It can even be quite addicting! So if you enjoy the taste of chili peppers, but can’t handle the heat, then Calabrian chili rub is worth a try.
Best things to use with Calabrian Chili Rub
- Sprinkle it on grilled or roasted meats like chicken, pork, or beef.
- Mix it into ground meat for burgers, meatballs, or sausage.
- Rub it onto fish or seafood before cooking.
- Stir it into pasta sauces or soups for an extra kick of flavor.
- Mix it with olive oil and vinegar to make a flavorful salad dressing.
- Use it as a seasoning for popcorn or roasted nuts.
- Sprinkle it on pizza or flatbreads before baking.
- Add it to egg dishes like omelets or frittatas.
- Stir it into mayonnaise or mustard for a spicy sandwich spread.
- Mix it with butter to make a compound butter for grilled bread or vegetables.
- Use it as a dry rub for ribs or other slow-cooked meats.
- Add it to your favorite chili recipe for a bit of extra heat.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, use dry chili peppers for the best flavor.
- If you want a hotter blend, use more cayenne pepper or add another chili pepper variety to the mix.
- To make a milder blend, reduce the amount of chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Try different combinations of chili peppers to create your unique flavor.
- Experiment with other spices and herbs to create your signature blend.
- Be sure to grind the spices fresh for the best flavor and aroma.
- Store the rub in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
- Use the rub on chicken, beef, pork, fish, or vegetables before cooking or grilling. You can add it to soups, stews, or sauces for extra flavor. Finally, sprinkle the rub on popcorn for a spicy snack.
Finally, if you make a large batch, you can store it in the freezer for long-term storage. Just be sure to thaw it out completely before using it again.
Calabrian chili rub is a great way to add heat and flavor to your favorite dishes. It’s easy to make at home and can be used in various ways. Be sure to experiment with different ingredients to create your unique blend. Enjoy!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty:
- Seasoning for Pork Steaks on Grill: Quick Recipe
- Traeger Pork and Poultry Rub Recipe (Copycat)
- How to Spice Up a Precooked Turkey Breast?
- Cornstarch Chicken Wings: Delicious Fried Wings Recipe
Interesting information about Calabrian chili:
Calabrian chili is a type of chili pepper grown in the Calabria region of Italy. The peppers are small and fiery, with a distinctively fruity flavor.
The peppers are typically used in spicy dishes and can also be pickled and eaten as a condiment.
The peppers are usually harvested in the summer months and are often sun-dried to intensify their flavor. Calabrian chili powder is also a popular ingredient in many Italian recipes.
The powder is made by grinding the dried peppers into a fine powder.
Calabrian chili powder is also used to make a popular Italian sausage called Soppressata di Calabria. This sausage is made with pork, garlic, red wine, and chili powder. It is typically served as an appetizer or as a main course.