Summertime is the perfect time for salads, and this Ambrosia Salad Recipe from Pioneer Woman is a favorite! It’s easy to make, and it’s delicious. Perfect for potlucks and summer gatherings!
The Ambrosia salad is a dish that is sure to please any crowd. It is packed full of flavor and has a beautiful presentation. The best part about this dish is that it is very easy to make. All you need are simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Plus, you can do so many variations with this recipe, depending on what you like. Give it a try!
What is the Ambrosia salad recipe from Pioneer Woman?
The Ambrosia salad recipe from Pioneer Woman is an irresistible mix of sweet and savory flavors. This dish is perfect for feeding a crowd and can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a large group.
Whether you’re hosting a party or simply looking for a delicious way to use up some leftover rice, the Ambrosia salad recipe from Pioneer Woman is sure to hit the spot.
What ingredients do I need for this Ambrosia salad recipe?
For the Ambrosia salad, you will need: 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained; 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained; 1 cup miniature marshmallows; 1/2 cup shredded coconut; 1/2 cup sour cream; 1/4 cup mayonnaise; 1 tablespoon sugar; 1 teaspoon grated orange zest.
How long does it take to make this salad?
This salad is very quick and easy to make. It should only take about 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and assemble the salad. Once you have everything ready, the salad will be done!
Ambrosia Salad Recipe Pioneer Woman
- 1 can Pineapple chunks, undrained (20-ounce)
- 1 can Mandarin oranges, undrained (11-ounce)
- 1 cup Miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon 1 grated orange zest
- Combine pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, marshmallows, coconut, sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, there are many ways you can change up this recipe to suit your taste. Here are some ideas:
- If you don’t like coconut, you can leave it out or replace it with chopped nuts.
- If you want a sweeter salad, you can add more sugar or use fruit already sweetened.
- For a richer flavor, you could add some yogurt to the mixture.
- This salad is also delicious with some chopped fresh fruit added in. Try adding strawberries, grapes, or melon.
This Ambrosia salad is sure to be a hit no matter how you make it! Give it a try and let us know how you like it.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, add 1/4 cup of rum to the mixture for a more tropical flavor.
- Use fresh fruits instead of canned for a healthier dish.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts for a crunchy texture.
- Use fat-free or low-fat ingredients to make this salad healthier.
- Substitute agave nectar or honey for the sugar to sweeten the dish naturally.
- Use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream for a tangy flavor.
- To add more color, mix in 1/2 cup of diced strawberries or raspberries.
- For a spicier flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger or nutmeg to the mixture.
- If you don’t like coconut, omit it or substitute chopped peanuts instead.
- Garnish the salad with fresh mint leaves before serving.
- Serve the salad over a bed of greens for a light meal.
- Add 1/2 cup of diced celery for a crunchy texture.
- Use light or fat-free mayonnaise to reduce the fat content.
- Add 1/4 cup of maraschino cherries for a pop of color.
And finally, make this salad ahead of time and refrigerate overnight for the best flavor.
Things to serve with this recipe
- Grilled chicken: Add some grilled chicken to this salad for a complete meal. The chicken would add a nice protein boost, and the grilled flavor would greatly complement the sweetness of the fruit and marshmallows.
- Crackers: Serve this salad with your favorite crackers on the side.
- Fruit: Add some fresh fruit to this salad for sweetness and color.
- Cheese: Add some cubed cheese to this salad for extra protein.
- Nuts: Add some chopped nuts to this salad for a little crunch.
- Lettuce: Serve this salad over a bed of lettuce for a light and refreshing meal.
- Pasta: Add some cooked pasta to this salad for a heartier dish.
- Rice: Add some cooked rice to this salad for a heartier dish.
- Beans: Add some cooked beans to this salad for a heartier dish.
- Tortilla chips: Serve this salad with tortilla chips on the side for a little extra crunch.
- Soup: Serve this salad with soup on the side for a complete meal.
- Pretzels: Serve this salad with pretzels on the side for a fun and unique twist.
- Croutons: Add some croutons to this salad for a little extra crunch.
- Grilled salmon: This salad would be delicious with some added grilled salmon. The salmon would add a nice protein boost, and the healthy fats would greatly complement the sweetness of the fruit and marshmallows.
- Roasted vegetables: Adding some roasted vegetables to this salad would be a great way to add more color and flavor. The vegetables would also add some extra nutrients and fiber.
Can I store this recipe?
You can store the ambrosia salad recipe from Pioneer woman for up to 3 days in the fridge. In an airtight container, it will last in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you are looking for longer shelf life, you can freeze it. Be sure to use frozen fruit that is ripe and peeled and diced before freezing. Thaw the salad in the fridge overnight before serving. The flavors will be best if consumed within a day or two of thawing.
Things to take care of while storing this recipe
- Make sure the recipe is in an airtight container.
- Label the container with the recipe’s name and its date.
- Store in the coldest part of the fridge.
- Check on the recipe regularly to ensure it’s still good.
- If you see any mold or other signs of spoilage, throw it out.
- When in doubt, throw it out.
- Do not taste a recipe that you think might be spoiled.
- If you are unsure about the safety of a recipe, consult a food safety expert.
- Remember that storing food safely is important to preventing foodborne illness.
- Always wash your hands before and after handling food.
This Ambrosia salad is a perfect dish for any occasion. It is quick and easy to make with some very simple ingredients and can be easily customized to suit your taste.
Anyone can make this recipe without any prior cooking experience. Whether hosting a party or simply looking for a delicious snack, this recipe will not disappoint! Give it a try and let us know how you like it.
Similar Pioneer Woman’s Recipes: