Looking for a delicious, savory way to jazz up your favorite recipes? Look no further than the bacon jam recipe from Pioneer Woman! This easy-to-make jam is the perfect way to add a little extra flavor to any dish, and it’s sure to become a staple in your kitchen.
Ree Drummond is a food blogger, cookbook author, and television personality who first gained fame for her blog, The Pioneer Woman. Drummond has since become a household name, thanks to her popular cooking show on the Food Network.
The ingredients for the dish are simple: just bacon, diced onion, brown sugar, vinegar, and some spices. However, the result is a complex and flavorful spread that can be enjoyed from crackers to cheesecake.
What is the Bacon Jam recipe from Pioneer Woman?
When it comes to great food, few things can match the deliciousness of bacon. This savory and smokey meat is an essential part of any meal, and it almost always results in a crowd-pleasing dish.
One fantastic recipe that combines the goodness of bacon with the tanginess of sweet jam is the bacon jam from The Pioneer Woman.
This heavenly concoction starts by frying up some hearty chunks of bacon, garlic, and onions to give it a rich umami flavor.
Once everything is nice and crispy, you simply add in some brown sugar and balsamic vinegar to create a bold and smoky jam that can be used on everything from toast to burgers to eggs.
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to elevate your next meal, look no further than The Pioneer Woman’s famous bacon jam!
Is this recipe difficult to make?
No, the Bacon Jam recipe from Pioneer Woman is not difficult to make at all. It only requires a handful of simple ingredients that you are likely to have on hand, including bacon, diced onion, brown sugar, vinegar, and various spices.
The cooking process is fairly straightforward, involving nothing more than browning the bacon and onions in a skillet.
How long does it take to make this recipe?
The Bacon Jam recipe takes about 20-30 minutes to make, depending on your skill level and your equipment. However, once you have made it once, you will be able to make it more quickly in the future. This recipe can be easily scaled up or down to accommodate your needs.
Bacon Jam Recipe Pioneer Woman
- 1 lb Bacon (chopped)
- 2 Yellow onions (diced)
- 3 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and garlic to the bacon fat and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, coffee, smoked paprika, chili powder, and cumin.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until thickened and reduced in volume.
- Add the bacon back into the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Serve on toast, crackers, or use as a condiment for burgers, chicken, or pork.
What is the best type of bacon for this recipe?
There is no right or wrong answer for the best type of bacon for this recipe. Ultimately, it will come down to personal preference and what you have available in your kitchen.
For example, leaner bacon will yield a less rich result, while fattier bacon will give you a more rich and smoky flavor. Other factors to consider include the cut of bacon, such as slab or sliced, and the brand.
Few foods can compare to the taste of bacon for wonderful meals. This tasty, smoky pork is a must-have for every dinner, and it nearly always turns out to be a crowd-pleaser.
Can add or replace some ingredients?
While the ingredients list for the Bacon Jam recipe from Pioneer Woman is fairly straightforward, a few items can be added or replaced depending on your preferences.
For instance, if you don’t have apple cider vinegar on hand, white vinegar or another type of acid can be used in its place.
Additionally, the type of sugar can be swapped out for brown sugar, white sugar, or even honey if you prefer.
As for the spices, you can experiment with different combinations of herbs and spices to find the perfect balance for your tastes. Ultimately, the Bacon Jam recipe is versatile and easily customized to suit your tastes.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, to make the bacon jam even more flavorful, try adding in a few different types of spices or herbs, such as cayenne pepper, cumin, thyme, or rosemary.
- If you want to make the recipe even more rich and savory, try adding a splash of balsamic vinegar or Worcestershire sauce.
- To add even more texture and depth to the dish, try stir-frying the onions and garlic in a tablespoon or two of bacon grease before adding them to the jam.
- If the jam is too thick, simply add in a little more coffee or cider vinegar to thin it out to the desired consistency.
- For a smokier flavor, try using smoked bacon instead of regular bacon in the recipe.
- If you want a sweeter jam, simply add more brown sugar to taste.
- For a spicy kick, try increasing the amount of chili powder or cayenne pepper in the recipe.
- To make this a more robust and hearty appetizer, try serving it with some crusty bread or crackers on the side.
- This jam also makes for an excellent condiment on burgers, chicken, or pork. Just spread a little over the meat before serving.
- If you find that the jam is too thin or runny, try simmering it for a bit longer until it reduces and thickens up.
- This jam can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week. Just make sure to seal the jar or container tightly with a lid to prevent it from drying out or getting freezer burn.
- To make the bacon jam even more versatile, try using it as a dipping sauce or glaze for chicken wings, shrimp, or pork ribs.
- To make the jam even more festive, try adding a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to give it a Christmasy flavor.
- If you have any leftovers, feel free to freeze them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
And finally, this recipe can also be made in a slow cooker. Just cook the bacon and onions on the stovetop until crispy, then transfer to the slow cooker and the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until thick and jammy.
The Bacon Jam recipe from Pioneer Woman is a delicious and versatile dish that can be easily customized to suit your tastes.
With a few simple tips and tricks, you can make this dish from good to great. Be sure to experiment with different herbs and spices and different types of sugar and vinegar to find the perfect balance of flavors for your taste buds.
Similar Pioneer Woman’s Recipes: