Looking for a delicious, savory jelly to add to your favorite dishes and recipes? Look no further than this Jalapeno Jelly recipe from Pioneer Woman!
This wonderful jelly has just the right amount of spice and flavor, and it’s so easy to make. Just four simple ingredients are all you need, and you’ll be enjoying this delicious jelly in no time.
Give it a try today!
What is the Jalapeno Jelly recipe?
If you love the spice of jalapenos and enjoy the sweetness of jelly, you’ll want to try this recipe for Jalapeno Jelly. The sweetness of the jelly helps to offset the heat of the peppers, making for a delicious and unique condiment.
You’ll need sugar, vinegar, and jalapeno peppers to make the jelly. You’ll also need a large pot and some canning jars. Start by sterilizing the jars and lids. Enjoy your homemade Jalapeno Jelly on toast, in sandwiches, or even straight from the spoon!
Can I make this recipe at home?
This recipe is easy to follow and can be made at home with just a few simple ingredients. Simply follow the recipe below to combine the ingredients in the pot and cook over medium heat until thickened. Your homemade Jalapeno Jelly is now ready to enjoy!
How long does it take to make this jelly recipe at home?
This recipe typically takes about one hour to make, from start to finish. The cooking time is fairly short, but you will need to allow some extra time for sterilizing the jars and waiting for the jelly to cool before storing it in your pantry.
Overall, this is a fairly quick and easy recipe to make. And the results are definitely worth the effort!
Jalapeno Jelly recipe Pioneer Woman
- lb Fresh jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jar Diced pimentos (drained) (4 oz)
- ½ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 ½ cups Sugar
- Combine the jalapeno peppers, pimentos, vinegar, and sugar in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the jelly to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 weeks.
How long will this recipe keep?
Properly sealed and stored, this Jalapeno Jelly should keep for several months. To ensure that the jelly stays fresh, store it in a cool, dark place. You can also refrigerate the jelly for extra freshness and longer shelf life.
Can I store this recipe?
Yes, you can store this recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Things to take care of while storing this recipe:
- Make sure the container is airtight, so the jelly doesn’t dry out.
- Keep the jelly in a cool, dark place.
- Check on the jelly every few days to ensure it’s still fresh.
- If you see any mold or other signs of spoilage, throw the jelly away immediately.
Finally, avoid exposing the jelly to direct sunlight or heat, as this can cause it to spoil more quickly.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want less spicy jelly, remove the seeds from the jalapeno peppers before adding them to the pot.
- For an extra touch of sweetness, add a tablespoon or two of honey to the mixture.
- Use green bell peppers in place of the pimentos for a different flavor profile.
- To make the jelly more spreadable, add a tablespoon or two of extra apple cider vinegar.
- If you want to store your jelly for longer than 2 weeks, consider canning it instead of refrigerating it.
- When cooking the jelly, constantly stir to ensure that it does not burn or stick to the bottom of the pot.
- If you want to make a spicier jelly, increase the number of jalapeno peppers used in the recipe.
- To add more depth of flavor to your jelly, experiment with adding different spices such as cumin or chili powder.
- If you want to make a fruitier jelly, consider adding fresh or frozen berries to the pot.
- Use different peppers in your jellies, such as habaneros or serranos, for added complexity and heat.
- To add a touch of color and visual appeal to your jelly, toss in some chopped fresh herbs or edible flowers.
- To make a smoother jelly, try puréeing the cooked mixture in a blender or food processor before transferring it to an airtight container.
- If you want your jelly to keep for longer periods, consider preserving it using the traditional canning instead of refrigeration.
- For more intense flavor, consider adding a splash of alcohol such as bourbon or scotch to the pot while cooking the jelly.
Finally, to make your jelly look even more professional and attractive, try layering it with other jellies or jams in a mason jar for an eye-catching presentation.
Things to serve with this recipe
First of all, creamy polenta or grits to soak up the spicy jelly and offset its heat.
- Grilled cheese sandwiches with a slice of jalapeno jelly swirled into the melted cheese for a sweet and savory twist.
- Slices of fresh bread topped with jalapeno jelly and goat cheese for an easy and elegant appetizer.
- Tacos with a dollop of jalapeno jelly on top for a spicy kick.
- Eggs cooked in jalapeno jelly for a decadent and flavorful breakfast dish.
- Grilled chicken or salmon brushed with warm jalapeno jelly before serving.
- A simple green salad topped with jalapeno jelly for a sweet and spicy twist.
- Roasted vegetables drizzled with jalapeno jelly as a flavorful finishing touch.
- Plain yogurt or ice cream swirled with jalapeno jelly for a sweet and spicy treat.
Finally, a spoonful of jalapeno jelly stirred into your favorite cocktail for a unique twist.
Can I add some sugar to the jelly?
Yes, if you find that the jelly is too spicy for your taste, you can add some sugar to help offset the heat.
Start with a small amount, such as 1-2 tablespoons, and mix it until you reach the desired level of sweetness. You can continue to adjust the sugar as needed until you find the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Give it a try today!
Can I add or replace other ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace other ingredients in this recipe as desired.
For example, you could try adding some fresh herbs like cilantro or mint or adding a splash of lemon juice to enhance the flavor. Just keep the overall ratio of ingredients consistent so that you don’t end up with runny or too-thick jelly.
Play around with different ingredients and find the perfect combination for taste buds.
This Jalapeno Jelly recipe is a great way to add spice to your life. It’s easy to make and can be tailored to suit your tastes and preferences.
Whether you want to experiment with different ingredients or simply enjoy a jar of homemade jelly on its own, this recipe is sure to become a go-to favorite. So why wait? Try making some jalapeno jelly today!