How long does it take to cook chicken legs in oven at 350 degrees? Let’s find out the best recipe with the correct cooking times and temperatures.
Animal meat is quite popular among non-vegetarian these days. And chicken legs are one of the most loved and affordable pieces of consumables. The good thing is that even children love the crispy-juicy meat to chew.
So, Let me share my all-time favorite chicken legs recipe by my grandma. Trust me, you will love every single bite with sizzling deliciousness.
I usually cook it in the oven so will share accordingly. But don’t be afraid if you do not have one. Your garden griller will work too.
What temperature should you cook chicken legs?
The ideal temperature for the best-cooked chicken legs is 350°F or you can say 180°C as well. Cooking chicken legs requires a moderate cooking temperature. That is neither too high nor too low. As animal skin is hard to cook, so it needs adequate time to become soft and fine enough to eat.
Therefore, 350°F is good to prepare such food items, so that you don’t have to consume the Half-raw, half-cooked, or fully bland dish in the end.
How long does it take to cook chicken legs in the oven at 350 degrees?
If we talk about time, it will take an hour to cook chicken legs in the oven. Because the legs are getting ready at a confined temperature. The thing is that we want a good brown crisp on the outside along with the gooey and chewy insides.
The chicken will be prepared in such a way that both the inner and outer body will not lose its essence. So, It will take time to knock in the mouth-watering taste.
I know it’s a bit more, but your stomach will feel appetizing after eating.
Cook Chicken Legs in Oven at 350
- Chicken legs or drumsticks
- Olive oil
- Chopped garlic
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Coriander leaves
- Combine all the given spices well into a two-tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. make sure that your coating will be thick enough two set well on the chicken leg pieces.
- Take the cold freezing and raw chicken legs out of the fridge.
- Wash them with normal tap water and soak well on a cotton cloth or towel.
- Immerse the chicken sticks thoroughly into the bowl such that they go appropriately with each other. set them for at least 5 hours or overnight in a sealable air-tight bag.
- Now, place a baking sheet in an oven tray and transfer the previously marinated chicken legs on it. Brush with some extra oil and chopped coriander leaves.
- Keep the tray in a pre-heated oven at 350°C and set a 30-minute timer to cook.
- After half an hour, you will notice a golden brown texture from the outside. Now is the time to cover it with a foil sheet to ensure good inner cooking.
- Take out and start with some garnishing process to add smack and tang to your chicken legs.
- The decoration will need some parsley leaves and a teaspoon of lime juice from the top.
- Serve it on a plate and enjoy it with your entire family.
Nutritional valueWe people think hard about calories in the food we eat these days. So, I thought why not make you first aware of the calories you are consuming today. The total amount of calories per 100grams of chicken legs is 239. It contains the highest degree of 27g protein with 20% B6 Vitamin, 7% Iron, 5% magnesium, and cobalamin each and 1% of calcium. It has 14g of fat following 88 mg of cholesterol. The sodium and potassium are also present in 82mg and 223mg amounts respectively. There is no trace of carbohydrates present in it.
Should I cook chicken legs covered or uncovered?
90% of the people get confused with this question to cook legs covered or not. The answer is both, half of the process is done by simply putting a chicken on a tray to grill without any hesitation.
While the rest demands a little attention, you have to cover the chicken drumsticks with a loose foil on the top. This will protect your dish from drying out and will keep all the juicy and tenderness within it.
Can I increase the temperature to cook faster?
Yes, you can make a slight increase in temperature to cook faster. Just set to 425°F, this will cook your chicken sticks in 40-45 minutes without affecting much. Just keep in mind to constantly keep an eye upon the dish, so that it can’t be over browned and crunchy from the top.
You can doubtlessly opt for this option as well. Just not forget to cover with foil, when the halfway process is done.
Can I use frozen chicken legs?
Yes, there is no restriction in using a frozen chicken leg. As frozen legs can be used for up to 3 months. Therefore, many people prefer to stock the leftover meat parts and then use them next time as some amazing diner dishes. Only pat dry them well before marinating.
Note: Not to store the marinated chicken legs for that long. They have more possibility to attract moisture and spoil easily. Use proper air-tight or sealable plastic bags to store the raw chicken legs in the freezer and make something sizzling when in the mood to eat.
Tips for a better recipe
Cooking is an art and you can also be one of the experts when you follow their tricks and tips in your dish-making too.
1) Superior Quality: Quality constructs the end taste of the product. To purchase a fine, fresh, and labeled quality of meat for juicy and best taste.
2) Dry and rinse well: Rinse or wash the chicken well before cooking, especially if you are purchasing unpacked ones. Dry well in a paper towel before marinating so that the coating of herbs will be done perfectly.
3) Marinate-time: Give sufficient time to the chicken legs to marinate well with the spices. Let it set in a mixture for a minimum of 4-6hours. The overnight soaking will be a good choice.
4) Garnishing: Decorating and properly presented dish will robotically bring your husband and children close to eat and enjoy the dinner. So, remember this step be must be done in all of your recipes.
5) Final cooking: To add a bit more crunchiness to your dish, fry it again in a pan for the last time until it is perfectly cooked in your eyes to eat. Spray lemon zest from the top for a tangy twist.
6) Side dishing: Always serve such roasted and grilled meat pieces with some side dishes. The cauliflower mash and roasted sprouts will be the best options for your prepared chicken legs. And a salad is never out of fashion with anything to eat with.
These oven-baked chicken legs are a perfect dish for your table to serve as a snack or even a main course item. The side dishes will add stars to your drumsticks. Just follow the mentioned steps and enjoy the supremacy of these yummy leg pieces.
Feel free to ping us any time soon or later for queries. Plus, your reviews will help us to understand our readers well. So, do not forget to share one too.
So, do you already know how long does it take to cook chicken legs in oven at 350 degrees? Please, feel free to share your opinion in the comments below!