Cheese and lobster aren’t believed to go well together by many people, but when you try this Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe, things change. Instead of lowering the flavor of the dish, cheese only draws out the lobster’s taste.
The chefs at Ruth’s Chris have done an amazing job in creating this recipe that is not only delicious but also easy to make. For all those foodies that are looking for a quick and easy dish, then you can serve it straight from the stovetop or oven, either way, you will get lots of compliments coming your way.
How long does it take to cook Ruth’s Chris Lobster mac and cheese?
Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac And Cheese is American cuisine served as the main dish. The total preparation is around 10 mins followed by a cooking time of approximately 30 minutes. The total time duration to prepare this incredibly delicious dish is around 40 minutes.
What’s in Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese?
Ingredients that are included in Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese are as follows:
- ½ cup butter;
- 1.5s cup whole milk;
- ½ lb Cavatappi;
- ½ cup all-purpose flour;
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided;
- ½ lb lobster (cooked) (roughly chopped);
- ¾ c Panko breadcrumbs;
- ½ tablespoon, extra virgin olive oil;
- ⅓ c freshly chopped parsley, for garnish;
- Kosher salt;
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar;
- Freshly ground black pepper;
- ½ cup shredded Fontina ;
- Pinch nutmeg (optional).
Ruth's Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
- ½ cup Butter
- 1.5 cups Whole milk
- ½ lb Cavatappi
- ½ lb Lobster (cooked and roughly chopped)
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Freshly grated Parmesan (divided)
- ¾ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cups Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups Shredded white cheddar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Shredded Fontina
- Pinch nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish and set it aside. Now, take a medium-size saucepan and keep it over low heat, melt the butter then start adding the flour.
- Whisk until well combined for about 2 minutes then gradually start whisking in the milk.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and add the cheeses, stirring constantly until completely melted. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste then set aside.
- Add the cooked macaroni noodles into a large mixing bowl. Add lobster meat on top of macaroni noodles followed by sauce mixture. Season with nutmeg if desired and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into a prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs then drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish mac & cheese with parsley and serve immediately.
Tips and tricks to improve the recipe
- You can add 1 pound of crawfish or shrimp to the lobster mac and cheese recipe for a delicious twist.
- There are many alternatives to using fresh seafood, including imitation crab meat. Using this instead of real crab will reduce the cost considerably without endangering the overall flavor.
- Many other ingredients may be used, including tarragon or thyme.
- Add 1 cup of sliced mushrooms to give the dish an earthy flavor that will impress guests at any dinner party.
- Try adding some cajun seasoning for a spicy twist if desired. Seasoning the lobster with Cajun spices before cooking it in the oven is one way to add a little kick to the dish.
- Lobster mac and cheese recipe suggests that you can use any pasta of your choice, such as penne or bow ties.
- Sautéing the lobster meat in spiced butter will add flavor and enhance the taste of the finished dish. It also adds color.
- In order to make this dish taste even more delicious, you can add breadcrumbs in the end and bake this pasta. You can also add a little bit of butter before baking.
- When it comes to lobster, you may spend a lot of money on just one plate. However, when made into a large number of servings for a group, as this mac and cheese do, lobster becomes an affordable luxury.
- Seafood seasoning is one of the most important components in this dish’s overall taste. Season the sauce with your favorite spice.
- Different seasoning mixes have varying amounts of salt. As per the brand you’re using, adjust to your liking.
- You may fully prepare this mac and cheese ahead of time and chill it. Allow them to rest in the room for a while.
What are the mistakes to avoid while cooking this recipe?
- Never overcook the pasta.
- Don’t make it in advance and refrigerate, add breadcrumbs to it and then bake for a crispy crust.
- Do not add more salt as all the seafood seasoning contains sodium which can escalate the overall level of sodium in your meal. Dont add more salt.
- Never let the cheese make it dry and don’t bake for too long as it will lead to a dried out pasta.
- Don’t use low fat cheese; you can instead make this pasta with full fat cheese.
- Do not overcook the lobster, they should be tender, juicy and bright orange in color.
- Don’t make the dish more than 10 minutes before serving as it will lose its freshness and taste.
Lobster is expensive, but there’s a trick that will save you money on expensive seafood like this: buy it frozen. This way, you can enjoy lobster mac and cheese year-round without breaking the bank.
This can be served as a main dish with any meat of your choice. It will surely fill up the tummies of your guests and they will love it for sure.
So, what did you think about this amazing and delicious Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe? Please, feel free to share your opinion in the comments below!