Lasagna is one of my favourite Italian dishes. I love the cheese, the pasta, and the sauce. It’s a great option for a tasty yet healthy meal. The lasagna is made with noodles, cheese, and various vegetables.
I’m so excited to try this Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna recipe. It looks delicious. So if you’re in the mood for something comforting but also good for you, be sure to give this dish a try
The recipe includes ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and a vegetable marinara sauce. I can’t wait to taste it!
What is Stouffer’s vegetable lasagna?
Stouffer’s vegetable lasagna is a frozen food dish that consists of layered pasta, vegetables, and cheese. The lasagna is then baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Stouffer’s is best known for its line of frozen entrees, which include a variety of pastas, pizzas, and casseroles.
The company also offers a variety of soups, sides, and desserts. Stouffer’s vegetable lasagna is one of the most popular items on the menu, and it can be found in grocery stores across the United States.
Can I make this lasagna at home?
Of course! This recipe is quite easy to follow. Just gather all of the ingredients, preheat your oven, and you’ll be ready to go. There is no need to order delivery or go out to eat when you can make a delicious lasagna right at home!
How long does it take to make this vegetable lasagna?
This lasagna recipe is pretty simple and doesn’t take too long to make. The longest part is boiling the noodles, which takes about 10 minutes. After that, it’s just layering the ingredients and popping them in the oven. All in all, it should only take you about 30 minutes to prepare this dish.
Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- 1 package Frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained (10 oz)
- 1 Carton ricotta cheese (15 oz)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 9 Lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 jar Pasta sauce (24 oz)
- 3 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce in an ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles and one-third of the ricotta mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of noodles, ricotta mixture and cheese sauce twice.
- Cover with foil. Bake for about 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil.
- Bake about 10 minutes longer or until the top is browned.
- Let stand about 10 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
Can I double or triple the recipe?
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Just make sure you have a baking dish that is large enough to accommodate all of the ingredients. You may need to increase the baking time if you’re making a larger lasagna, so keep an eye on it and insert a toothpick into the centre of the dish to test for doneness.
Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna is a delicious and easy recipe perfect for a weeknight meal. This dish is packed with flavour and nutrients, so it’s a great option for a healthy meal.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace some ingredients in this recipe.
For example, if you’re not a fan of spinach, you could use kale or Swiss chard. You could also swap out the ricotta cheese for cottage cheese or the mozzarella cheese for cheddar cheese. Be creative and make the dish your own!
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
Here are some tips and tricks to make sure your lasagna turns out perfect every time:
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on Stouffer’s lasagna package. This will ensure that your lasagna cooks evenly.
- Be sure to use a large enough baking dish so that the lasagna doesn’t get too dry while baking.
- When layering the lasagna, spread the sauce evenly over each layer.
- To prevent the lasagna from sticking to the pan, line the dish with foil before adding the lasagna noodles.
- After layering the lasagna noodles, cheese, and veggies, cover the dish with foil and bake for the time specified on Stouffer’s lasagna package.
- Let the lasagna rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into it. This will allow the sauce to set and will make for neater slices.
- Serve with a side of garlic bread and a green salad for a complete meal.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- Reheat leftovers by covering them with foil and baking them in a 350-degree oven until heated through.
- This lasagna freezes well, so feel free to make a double batch and save some for later.
- To thaw frozen lasagna, place it in the fridge overnight. Then, bake it according to the instructions above.
- If you’re short on time, you can also cook frozen lasagna in a 350-degree oven for about an hour.
- If you want a cheesy lasagna, use two types of cheese in the layers. Mozzarella and cheddar work well together.
- Add cooked ground beef, sausage, or chicken to the sauce or layer it into the lasagna for a meaty lasagna.
Finally, get creative with your veggies! Use whatever you have on hand or mix and match different types. Spinach, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers are great in lasagna.
10 things to take care of while storing this recipe:
- Keep it in a cool, dry place.
- Store it in an airtight container.
- Make sure the container is labelled clearly.
- Use a first-in, first-out system when storing the recipe.
- Check the recipe regularly for any signs of spoilage or damage.
- Do not store the recipe near any strong-smelling foods.
- Inspect the recipe before using it to ensure it is still safe to eat.
- Discard the recipe if it shows any signs of spoilage or damage.
- Wash your hands after handling the recipe.Enjoy your delicious
10 Side dishes to serve with this recipe
1. Salad: Garden-fresh salad is always a good idea with lasagna. Try this easy recipe for a tasty, homemade option.
2. Garlic Bread: You can never go wrong with garlic bread. This recipe is simple and delicious.
3. Sauteed vegetables: A healthy side dish with lasagna. Try using your favourite veggies.
4. Roasted potatoes: A flavorful and filling side dish. This recipe is easy to follow, and perfectly roasted potatoes every time.
5. Steamed broccoli: A healthy and tasty side dish that goes well with lasagna.
6. Glazed carrots: A sweet and savoury side dish that perfectly complements lasagna.
7. Roasted Brussels sprouts: A crispy and flavorful side dish that is a great addition to any meal.
8. Sauteed mushrooms: A savoury side dish with lasagna.
9. Baked beans: A hearty and filling side dish perfect for a winter meal.
10. Green beans: A tasty and healthy side dish that pairs well with lasagna.
This Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna recipe is a delicious and easy way to get your veggie fix. This dish is packed with flavour and nutrients, so it’s a great option for a healthy meal. Give this recipe a try the next time you’re in the mood for something comforting and satisfying. Enjoy!