Campfire sauce is a popular condiment found on the menus of many casual dining restaurants. This recipe for campfire sauce is a copycat of the popular Red Robin version.
It is easy to make and the perfect addition to any burger or sandwich.
The name rings a bell towards an interesting campfire in your back yard or nearby hills, with your family at night and enjoy the tasty dish.
What is the campfire sauce recipe from Red Robin?
The campfire sauce recipe from Red Robin is mayonnaise and ketchup-based sauce spiked with smoky barbecue flavors. It is the perfect condiment for burgers, sandwiches, and fries.
When you make this campfire sauce recipe at home, you can control the level of smokiness by adjusting the amount of liquid smoke you add. This recipe also calls for Worcestershire sauce, which adds a nice depth of flavor.
If you are looking for an easy campfire sauce recipe, this is for you!
Can I make this sauce at home?
You can easily make this sauce at home with just a few simple ingredients. It would be best to have mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined. That’s it! Your campfire sauce is ready to enjoy.
Will this sauce taste like the original?
The sauce will have a similar taste to the original, but the level of smokiness can be adjusted to your liking.
If you want a more intense flavor, add in more liquid smoke. If you prefer a milder flavor, simply useless. Either way, this campfire sauce recipe is sure to be a hit!
Campfire Sauce Recipe (Red Robin)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (12-ounce)
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
- Pour into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, occasionally stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Use as a dipping sauce for chicken strips or french fries.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace some ingredients to this recipe.
For example, if you want a more intense flavor, add more liquid smoke. If you prefer a milder flavor, simply useless. You can also swap out the ketchup for barbecue sauce if you want a sweeter sauce.
Tips and tricks for a better sauce
First of all, don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of peppers.
- If you want a thicker sauce, add some tomato paste.
- Try using chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for a smokier flavor.
- Don’t be afraid to add more spice with jalapeño peppers or habanero peppers.
- If you want a sweeter sauce, add some honey or brown sugar.
- For a tangier flavor, add some vinegar or lime juice.
- Use fresh herbs and spices for the best flavor.
- To make a creamier sauce, add some milk or sour cream.
- Add some cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes for a spicier sauce.
- If you want a smoother sauce, blend it in a blender or food processor.
- You can also use an immersion blender to make a smoother sauce.
- To thicken the sauce, cook it on low heat for a longer period.
- You can also add some flour or cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some water or chicken broth.
And finally, let the sauce cool down before serving so that the flavors can meld together.
What else can I use this sauce on?
This campfire sauce is perfect for burgers, sandwiches, and fries. It would also be delicious on chicken or fish. So fire up the grill and enjoy!
What is the best way to use this sauce?
This campfire sauce is the perfect condiment for burgers, sandwiches, and fries. It would also be delicious on chicken or fish. Serve it up at your next backyard barbecue, and enjoy!
In the summer, with a full swing, grilling burgers at least once a week with a topping of this campfire sauce will be a hit with the kids.
This campfire sauce recipe is easy to make and can be tailored to your taste. If you like things a little spicier, add some cayenne pepper or hot sauce. Prefer things on the sweeter side? Swap out the ketchup for barbecue sauce.
Any alternative ideas for this recipe?
If you’re looking for an alternative to the classic campfire sauce recipe, try this one from Red Robin. It’s got a slightly sweet and smoky flavor that goes great with chicken or pork. And it only takes a few minutes to make!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, occasionally stirring, until the sauce is heated through and the sugar is dissolved.
- Use immediately, or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
What are the health benefits of this recipe?
The health benefits of this recipe are many, but some of the most notable include improved digestion, reduced inflammation, and better heart health. Additionally, this sauce is a good source of vitamins A, C, and E and potassium and fiber.
All of these nutrients work together to promote overall health and wellness. In particular, the antioxidants present in this sauce can help to protect cells from damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
What drinks can be served with this recipe? Can wine or beer also be served?
- Fruit juices
- Carbonated water
- Sports drinks.
Wine and beer can also be served with this recipe. However, it is important to note that the sauce contains alcohol, so please drink responsibly. Also, keep in mind that the sauce may not pair well with all wines or beers.
Ask your local wine or beer store for recommendations if you’re not sure what to serve.
Would coleslaw or salads pair well with this recipe?
This recipe would go great with coleslaw or salad on the side. The campfire sauce has a nice smoky flavor that would be perfect for grilling season. So if you’re looking for a new condiment to try out, give this one a go!
How long can this sauce be refrigerated and used?
This sauce can be refrigerated for 3-4 days and used. So it would be preferred to use instantly and make fresh new sauce when again needed.
Can this sauce go well with any egg dish?
This sauce is great for dipping, spreading, or just plain eating! It’s a perfect complement to any egg dish. Try it on scrambled eggs, omelets, quiche, or even an egg sandwich.
This Campfire Sauce Recipe from Red Robin is the perfect way to add some flavor to your chicken strips or french fries. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this sauce is easy to make and will be a hit with your family and friends. So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy some deliciousness!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: