Looking for a delicious and hearty side dish that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser? Look no further than this Pioneer Woman cornbread salad recipe!
Made with fresh greens, cornbread cubes, juicy tomatoes, creamy cheese, and a zesty vinaigrette dressing, this dish will be a hit at any potluck or summer BBQ.
Whether you’re looking for a tasty side dish or just a light meal on its own, this Pioneer Woman cornbread salad is sure to hit the spot!
What is the Pioneer Woman’s cornbread salad?
The Pioneer Woman’s cornbread salad is a delicious and unique dish that has gained popularity. This dish combines two classic favorites, cornbread, and salad, and throws in some unexpected ingredients to create a truly one-of-a-kind meal.
The cornbread forms the base of the salad, with layers of crunchy, salty bacon and peppery cheese adding richness and depth of flavor.
Fresh cherry tomatoes add sweetness and bursts of a juicy freshness, while pickled jalapeños add a spicy kick.
Can I make this salad at home?
Yes, you can make this Pioneer Woman cornbread salad recipe at home! Simply follow the instructions in the recipe below. You will need fresh greens, cornbread cubes, cherry tomatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese, and other simple ingredients.
How long does it take to make this salad?
This salad takes about 30 minutes to make, from start to finish.
Most of the time is hands-off, as you will need to cook the bacon and let the cornbread cool before assembling the salad. Once everything is prepped, this dish comes together quickly and easily.
Cornbread Salad Pioneer Woman Recipe
- 1 Batch of cornbread (cubed)
- 1 Head of iceberg lettuce (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Diced red onion
- 1/4 cup Bacon bits
- 1/2 cup Croutons
- 1/4 cup White vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the cubed cornbread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, red onion, bacon bits, and croutons.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk the white vinegar, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the desired amount of dressing and top with the croutons. Serve immediately.
What are some variations of this recipe?
There are many ways to change up this Pioneer Woman cornbread salad recipe to suit your tastes. Here are a few ideas:
- Add some chopped jalapeño peppers or sriracha to the dressing for a spicier version.
- To make it more of a meal, add some cooked chicken or turkey to the salad.
- For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon and use veggie crumbles or shredded tofu in its place.
- To make it gluten-free, use a gluten-free cornbread or substitute it with another type of gluten-free bread.
Add some dried fruit or chopped fresh fruit to the salad for a sweeter version.
Whether you are looking for a delicious side dish, main course, or light snack, this Pioneer Woman cornbread salad will be a hit! With tons of flavor and various textures, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. So why not give it a try today? You won’t be disappointed!
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can certainly add or replace some ingredients in this recipe to suit your tastes. For example, if you prefer a spicier salad, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the dressing.
If you are looking for a protein-rich addition, you could add cooked chicken or shrimp.
And, if you want to make this salad a bit more hearty, you could add a cup of cooked quinoa or rice. Be creative and make this salad your own!
Tips and tricks for a better salad
First of all, for extra flavor, try adding some chopped green onions or diced avocado to the salad.
- If you’re not a fan of iceberg lettuce, feel free to use another type of lettuce in this recipe.
- If you want a bit more of a crunchy texture, you can try replacing some of the croutons with toasted nuts or seeds.
- To make the salad more filling, you can try adding some cooked protein like shredded chicken or chopped ham.
- Feel free to experiment with different cheeses, such as Swiss, provolone, or mozzarella.
- Try adding some chopped red or yellow peppers or sliced radishes for a more colorful salad.
- If you prefer a spicier dressing, try adding some hot sauce or extra Dijon mustard to the mixture.
- If you want a creamier dressing, try adding some Greek yogurt or sour cream to the mixture.
- To make the salad more filling and satisfying, try adding cooked grains like quinoa or farro.
- For a heartier salad, try adding canned beans or roasted vegetables.
- If you don’t have croutons on hand, try replacing them with chopped fresh herbs or dried spices like cayenne pepper or paprika.
- If you want a sweeter dressing, try adding more honey or using a different type of vinegar like balsamic or apple cider.
- To make the dressing lower in fat, try using a light olive oil or switching out some of the oil for vegetable broth.
- To make the dressing gluten-free, try using mustard and gluten-free croutons.
Finally, if you’d like to turn this salad into more of a main dish, try adding some cooked protein like shrimp or grilled chicken.
Things to serve with this delicious salad
- Grilled chicken: This cornbread salad is the perfect side to grilled chicken. The sweetness of the honey in the dressing pairs perfectly with the smoky flavor of the chicken.
- Steak: Cornbread salad is also delicious with steak! The savory flavors of the cornbread and dressing are the perfect complement to a juicy steak.
- Fish: This salad is a great way to lighten up a fish dish. The acidity of the dressing pairs well with the delicate flavors of fish.
- Burgers: Whether you’re grilling burgers on the BBQ or cooking them in a pan, cornbread salad is the perfect side to complete your meal.
- Tacos: Cornbread salad can be served on the side of your favorite taco recipe or used to top tacos for a fun twist.
- Sandwiches: Whether you’re making a sandwich for lunch or a BLT for dinner, cornbread salad is a great addition to the menu.
Can I store this recipe?
This recipe will last for 3-4 days in the fridge. To store, transfer to an airtight container and keep chilled until ready to use. You can also freeze the salad in individual portions and defrost it when you are ready to enjoy it.
Alternatively, you can freeze the cornbread and use it as needed in place of fresh cubed cornbread. However, keep in mind that the salad will not be as crisp if you choose to do this. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make salad recipe, look no further than the Pioneer Woman cornbread salad! This dish is packed with tons of flavor, thanks to ingredients like bacon, cornbread, and creamy dressing. And with just a few simple steps, you can have this salad ready to enjoy in no time.
Similar Pioneer Woman’s Recipes: