Today I will show you how to cook frozen lumpia in Air Fryer.
I heard about frozen lumps a lot. So when I finally made it at home, it was wonderful, and then it became my go-to snack every day as they are easy to make and super delicious.
At first, I thought they were hard to make, but that’s not the case. If you are also making frozen lumps for the first time, here is the best recipe you can go with.
Can you cook frozen lumpia in an air fryer?
Absolutely yes, you can cook frozen lumpia in the air fryer. In fact, it is the best method to cook frozen lumpia if you are not a fan of oil in your food.
If you do not have an air fryer at your house, you need to spend extra money to buy an air fryer, and you can also cook frozen lumps in the oven or microwave.
How long does it take to cook frozen lumpia in the air fryer?
It usually takes 15-20 mins to cook frozen lump. It takes 9-10 minutes to prepare and 9-10 minutes to cook the frozen lump in the air fryer.
Simply adjust the time and temperature according to your personal taste.
Can you cook frozen lumpia in the oven?
Yes, you can cook frozen lumpia in the oven. But it will take more than 20 mins since we need to preheat the oven first before baking gourmet food. Also, the end product is not as crisp as cooking in an air fryer.
Can you cook frozen lumpia in a microwave?
Yes, you can cook frozen lumpia in the microwave. But I do not prefer this method because it will not be as crisp as cooking in an air fryer or oven. It also will take more than 15 minutes to cook frozen lumpia using this method.
Cooking frozen lumpia in the air fryer is the best method to cook gourmet food quickly without deep frying. It is an easy, simple, and very healthy cooking method because it does not require oil to cook your food.
Frozen Lumpia in Air Fryer (Easy)
- 1 pack Frozen lumpia (A pack of frozen lumpia usually consists of 10-12 pieces of lumpia)
- 1 cup Water or chicken broth (you can replace the water with the juice from a lemon and a couple of slices of ginger if you want a more flavorful taste)
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil (whatever oil you usually use for cooking will work also)
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to your taste
- Cooking spray (is optional, but it will help the lumpia stick to the basket)
- Preheat the air fryer at 400F, add water and cooking oil in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add salt and mix well, add the lumpia one by another to the boiling water, stir continuously until everything is cooked evenly.
- Place all the cooked lumpia on a plate or bowl that can fit into your air fryer basket. Spray cooking spray if you want to prevent it from sticking.
- Cook frozen lumpia for 10-15 mins at 400F or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce, sweet and sour, bbq, or garlic mayo sauce.
Suppose you do not have an air fryer, no worries! You can also use your oven and follow the same cooking steps above, and here is how:
- Preheat the oven at 400F if it is not heated already;
- Then, Bake frozen lumpia for 15-20 mins or until it turns golden brown. Remember to turn the lumpia halfway during baking to ensure even cooking.
If you have a microwave, set it at 400F and follow this cooking instruction:
- Microwave frozen lumpy for 8-11 mins or until golden brown;
- You can also add 2 tablespoons of water in the microwave to get that crunchy taste.
You can also cook frozen lumpia in the oven or microwave instead of the air fryer.
Of course, if you do not have an air fryer at your house, it is totally up to you. But I recommend using an air fryer because it is easier and less messy, no need to use too much oil and effort.
The cooking time, temperature, and amount of water used in the recipe might also vary depending on your taste.
Cooking this food ideally means getting the perfect balance of crunchy outside and soft inside (melt-in-your-mouth). So adjust the ingredients bit by bit until you find your “golden” formula for cooking frozen lump.
Is frozen lumpia healthy?
The answer to this question is not straight to the point. It can be healthy or unhealthy for you, depending upon the cooking method and its filling.
For example, if you deep-fry, it can be harmful for you. However, if you air fries a frozen lump, it will be healthy for you.
Should I use frozen or thawed lumpia?
You can use both frozen and thawed lumpia. However, we suggest you use the frozen ones as they turn out to be crispier and tastier.
But if you have the thawed one, you can also use them. It doesn’t make much difference. Moreover, do not forget to defrost the frozen lumpia.
Simple tricks to improve the recipe
- You can add a couple of slices of ginger for more flavor.
- You can also use lemon juice and water instead of chicken broth to make it healthier.
- If you do not have an air fryer, you can bake or microwave them as an alternative cooking method.
- If you want a crunchier taste, deep fry the lumpia or add some cooking oil in the air fryer before adding lumpia.
What are the best dipping sauces for lumpia?
There are so many choices for the dipping sauce, but our personal favorite is a sweet and sour sauce with a little bit of spicy flavor.
Other popular choices are garlic mayo sauce, bbq sauce, and of course, ketchup. Of course, you can also enjoy it with duck sauce or just plain with salt and pepper.
Is frozen lumpy good for you?
Lumpiang sariwa or fresh lumpia is always the healthier option.
But if you are using frozen lumpia, it will depend on how you cook it and what ingredients you put inside the wrapper. But in general, frozen lumpy contains less cholesterol than baked or fried ones.
What vegetables can I use to stuff the lumpia wrapper?
It depends on your preferences, but carrots, cabbage, onions, and green beans are our common choices.
Sometimes you can also find other vegetables such as spinach or celery.
Depending on your liking, you can even use different kinds of meat to stuff the wrapper like pork, shrimp, or chicken.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and learned how to make lumpia at home even better than your favorite Filipino restaurant. Lumpiang sariwa or fresh lumpia will always be our first love.
Still, frozen lumpia can also become a healthy alternative for anyone who doesn’t have enough time to cook during busy days. Also, we have added some important questions that may pop up in your mind while making the frozen lump at home.
You can enjoy frozen lumps with different sauces. Let us know which one is your favorite in the comments below!