In this article I will show you the best way to make and the recipe of the Mcdonald’s Mango Pineapple Smoothie. You will see how to make it, the different variations and a few tricks and tips to improve the recipe.
Who does not love MacDonald’s mango and pineapple smoothie? It’s refreshing, delicious, and an instant energy booster. But you don’t have to go to MacDonalds every time you feel like craving a mug of delicious Macdonald’s mango and pineapple smoothie.
It’s very easy to make, and you don’t need too many things. If you have fruits and juices, rest is easy.
Making MacDonald’s Mango and Pineapple Smoothie at Home
Macdonald’s mango and pineapple smoothie features fresh and juicy fruits loaded with lots of nutrition and taste. You can make smoothies with or without yogurt. So if you are lactose intolerant or want to skip yogurt due to some other reason, you can still enjoy the delicious smoothie.
Making McDonald’s mango and pineapple smoothie at home is a brilliant idea that I can’t take less pride in. It’s one of the smartest health choices that I make for myself and my family.
There are too many reasons to make your smoothie. First, the fruit base smoothie has too much sugar and artificial flavoring that you can control at home. So if we look at the ingredient lists, we can note they use natural flavors, which, of course, are not very natural. There are artificial flavors and many ingredients that you don’t even understand.
What Ingredients do we need for MacDonald’s Mango and Pineapple Smoothie?
You don’t need too many ingredients. If you are making a fruit-based smoothie, you need fresh mango and pineapple puree or chunks, and you can use both puree or chunks and ice, a cup of orange juice with little sugar.
For Milk base smoothies, you need yogurt or milk. You can make both low-fat and whole-fat milk. To make the smoothie at home you will need plain or low-fat yogurt or milk. Yogurt is thicker than milk and makes a thick smoothie. Ice is essential for both fruit base or yogurt-based smoothies.
What’s in Macdonald’s Mango and Pineapple Smoothie?
Macdonald’s smoothie is very rich. It has a slushier consistency achieved by blending fruit purees or chunks with ice. Artificial flavors and sugar make it almost addictive, making it unhealthy. You can make the same recipe at home and enjoy the energy-packed drink without unwanted ingredients.
Healthwise, smoothies are best. They are energy-packed and full of good vitamins and antioxidants. The blend of fruits provides nutrition and is an instant source of energy.
Mangos are full of vitamins, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants. You will find a good amount of vitamin C, which boosts your immune system and makes you healthy.
On the other hand, Pineapple is a rich source of Vitamin A and K. It has zinc, magnesium and Vitamin C. As for the other ingredients like orange juice, it’s another rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
Macdonald's Mango and Pineapple Smoothie
- Mango chunks
- Pineapple chunks
- Pineapple Nectar
- Mango Nectar
- Ice cubes
- Milk or yogurt (optional)
- Put the mango chunks and pineapple slices in the blender and all other ingredients. Milk and yogurt are options in case you want a milk base.
- You can use frozen chunks. Frozen fruit is better as you dont need ice.
- Blend for a minute or less, depending on your blender. It should be creamy and smooth without chunks.
- Serve it in your favorite glass and enjoy.
Can I Remove Some Ingredients?
Certainly, you can. That’s the fun of making it at home. You can customize it the way you like.
Want to make it healthy? Use real juices instead of nectar, or add little water instead of juices to control the cost. Add any other fruit of your choice. Orange juice goes well in this smoothie as well. You can increase or decrease the ratio of orange juice.
You don’t need sugar with this smoothie as it should be naturally sweet. Though you can add sugar, we strongly recommend enjoying the natural flavors. So you can customize it to your personal choices.
Can I Replace the Ingredients of the Smoothie?
You can change the main fruits as well. Use other fresh fruits in the season. I will recommend you to use fresh seasonal fruits that you like. You can add yogurt or milk if you want a milk-based smoothie. Or replace both with cream as well. Feel free to replace the ingredients with your personal preferences.
Tips and Tricks to Improve the Recipe
Here are some tips and tricks to improve the recipe:
- Add some greens if you are making for kids.
- Use fresh fruits, yes you can choose canned fruits, but they come with artificial sweetness and flavors that can make your smoothie unhealthy.
- You can freeze the seasonal fruits or their purees to make sure you get your hands on fruits all year round. Freezing fruits is not difficult, and you can use the purees or chunks all year in different deserts.
- If you are using frozen fruits, omit ice cubes.
- You can add honey if fruits are not very sweet instead of sugar.
- Using good quality nectar is essential for the same taste and healthwise.
- Don’t over blend the smoothie, as long as fruit chunks are smooth as puree. Too much blending can add foam to the smoothie.
- This smoothie is a little thick. You can increase the ratio of juices if you want it too thick, though we like it slushier and thick in our home.
- You can use coconut milk instead of regular milk.
Macdonald’s mango and pineapple smoothie are delicious, but it’s better to replicate the recipe at home with healthier ingredients. You can customize the recipe and do it in many ways, or sticking with the original recipe is totally up to you. It saves money, and you can make it with a few simple ingredients at any time of the day.
So, did you like our recipe of the Mcdonald’s Mango Pineapple Smoothie? Please, feel free to share your opinion in the comments below!