All of us love the rich, delicious taste of chocolate cheesecake. That’s why we all want to make the best of it. But cheesecake is a fickle dessert, so it’s easy to play it safe and stick to a regular recipe that you know works.
But if you’re looking for something a little more adventurous and daring, look no further than this recipe.
This recipe is for a very cherry ghirardelli chocolate cheesecake. Ghirardelli chocolate is one of the highest quality chocolates on the market, and this recipe showcases its flavor. The addition of cherries to the cheesecake gives it a tart and sweet flavor that pairs perfectly with the chocolate.
How long does it take to make this cheesecake at home?
Making this cheesecake at home will take about an hour and a half. This includes the time it takes to bake the cheesecake.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
You will need cream cheese, sugar, eggs, sour cream, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, butter, and cherries for this recipe.
Very Cherry Ghirardelli Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 package Cream cheese, at room temperature (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 can Cherry pie filling (21 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Next, beat in eggs, one at a time, then in sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually, add to cream cheese mixture, mixing until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- Spread cherry pie filling over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Can I replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can replace some of the ingredients if desired. For example, you can use a different type of chocolate or a different flavor of pie filling. Feel free to experiment with varying recipe variations to find your favorite version.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
1. Be sure to use room-temperature cream cheese when making this cheesecake. This will help ensure a smooth and creamy texture.
2. Don’t overmix the batter when making this cheesecake. Overmixing can cause the cheesecake to become challenging.
3. Don’t open the oven door while the cheesecake is baking. This can cause the cheesecake to fall.
4. Be sure to cool the cheesecake entirely before spreading it on the cherry pie filling. If the cheesecake is not cooled, the packing will sink in and not look as nice.
5. When slicing the cheesecake, use a sharp knife and wipe it clean after each slice. This will help ensure a clean cut and smooth pieces.
6. Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator for best results. This will help keep the cheesecake fresh and cool.
7. If you have any leftover cheesecake, store it in the freezer for later consumption.
8. You can garnish the top of the cheesecake with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or cherries.
9. Be sure to follow the recipe exactly as written for best results.
10. Don’t try to make this cheesecake if you hurry. This recipe takes a little bit of time to prepare, so be patient!
11. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely before serving. This will help ensure that the cheesecake is not too warm and that the flavors have a chance to blend.
12. Have fun with this recipe! Experimenting with different variations of it can be a lot of fun. Be sure to share your favorite version with your friends and family.
Can I store Very cherry ghirardelli chocolate cheesecake?
Yes, you can store the cheesecake in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few weeks. Just be sure to thaw it out before serving.
Things to take care of while storing this cheesecake:
1) Be sure to wrap the cheesecake in plastic wrap or foil before storing it in the fridge or freezer. This will help keep it fresh and prevent it from becoming dry.
2) If you are freezing the cheesecake, be sure to label it with the date, so you know how long it has been stored.
3) Thaw the cheesecake in the fridge overnight before serving.
4) Don’t store the cheesecake near strong-smelling foods, as this can affect the flavor of the cheesecake.
5) Be sure to serve the cheesecake at room temperature for the best results. Cold cheesecake can be a bit difficult to eat. Enjoy your delicious cheesecake!
12 Ways to make this cheesecake more flavorful
There are simple things we can do to improve our income. So, check out HotSalty’s list of recommendations below:
- Use higher quality chocolate like Ghirardelli.
- Use more than one type of chocolate. For example, use dark chocolate and a bar of milk chocolate.
- Add in some nuts or seeds like walnuts or pumpkin seeds.
- Try different pie fillings like blueberry, strawberry, or raspberry.
- Add a teaspoon of instant coffee powder to the batter.
- Use a different flavor of extracts like peppermint or almond.
- Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the batter.
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath for a creamier texture.
- Top the cheesecake with fresh fruit or chocolate shavings.
- Make a Nutella cheesecake by adding 1/4 cup of Nutella to the batter.
- Replace some of the cream cheese with mascarpone cheese.
- Use flavored sugar like vanilla sugar or lavender sugar.
As you can see, these are very simple things, but they make all the difference!
Ways to make this cheesecake recipe healthy
1. Use a sugar substitute such as Stevia or Splenda
2. Replace some of the cream cheese with low-fat yogurt or cottage cheese
3. Replace the butter with olive oil or another healthy cooking oil
4. Replace the flour with whole wheat flour
5. Bake the cheesecake at a lower temperature for a longer time to reduce the amount of fat and calories
6. Use a smaller springform pan so that the cheesecake is thinner and has fewer calories
7. Serve with fresh fruit or a light whipped cream topping
8. Enjoy a single slice instead of multiple slices
9. Make a mini cheesecake instead of a full-sized cheesecake
10. Use a sugar-free chocolate chip like Lily’s
With so many variations, this recipe can easily be made healthy. Be sure to experiment and find the right combination of ingredients that works for you. Enjoy!
This recipe is a delicious and decadent way to celebrate any special occasion. The rich chocolate flavor is sure to impress your guests, and the creamy texture is sure to satisfy their cravings. Be sure to follow the recipe exactly as written for the best results. Don’t try to make this cheesecake if you are in a hurry.
This recipe takes a little bit of time to prepare, so be patient! Allow the cheesecake to cool completely before serving.
This will help ensure that the cheesecake is not too warm and that the flavors have a chance to blend. Finally, have fun with this recipe! Experimenting with different variations of it can be a lot of fun.