Refried black beans can be a quick and easy side dish to whip up when you’re in a hurry. And if you make them from scratch, you know exactly what’s in them!
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to make refried black beans, this recipe is for you! Made with just a few simple ingredients; these beans are the perfect addition to any meal.
In this post, we’ll show you how to make refried black beans from a can in very easy steps. So grab your can opener, and let’s get started!
Can I make refried black beans from a can?
Have you ever been in the middle of a recipe and realized you’re out of an ingredient? It’s happened to all of us.
But sometimes, you can still make it work with a little creativity.
For example, let’s say you’re making refried beans and realize you don’t have any fresh beans. Can you just use canned black beans instead?
As it turns out, you can! Just drain and rinse the canned beans, then fry them in a pan with oil or butter.
You’ve got a delicious batch of refried black beans made from a can.
So if you ever find yourself in a bind, don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen – you might just end up with a new favorite dish.
Is it a simple or complicated process?
The process of making refried black beans from a can is quite simple. It only requires a few ingredients and can be made in just a few minutes.
All you need is a can of black beans, some onions, garlic, and a few spices. Then, cook everything together until the beans are mashed to your desired consistency, and enjoy!
How long does it take to make refried black beans from a can?
Making refried black beans from a can is a quick process that doesn’t require much time or effort. The entire process, from start to finish, should take no more than 20 minutes.
In just 20 minutes, you can have a delicious batch of refried black beans that are perfect for dipping, spreading, or eating on their own.
So next time you’re in a hurry, don’t forget that canned black beans make a great shortcut for making refried beans.
Refried Black Beans From A Can
- 1 can Black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the black beans, chili powder, cumin, and salt, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and cook for two more minutes.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a spoon, mash the beans until they reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, or cheese.
Can I store this recipe?
Yes, this recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Then, reheat in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Do you drain the juice from canned black beans?
Yes, you will need to drain and rinse the canned black beans before adding them to the pan. Otherwise, the beans will be too mushy.
Can I use another type of beans?
While this recipe is designed for black beans, you can use any type of beans you like. Try it with pinto beans, kidney beans, or even white beans. Just be sure to drain and rinse the beans before cooking.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want a smoother consistency, blend the beans in a food processor or blender before adding them to the pan.
- For a spicier dish, add more chili powder or cumin.
- Feel free to experiment with other seasonings, such as smoked paprika, oregano, or even a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You can add other ingredients, such as corn, diced tomatoes, or green chilies.
- If you want a heartier dish, add some cooked rice or quinoa to the beans.
- These beans would also be delicious and served as a topping for tacos, burritos, or nachos.
- Leftover beans can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheat leftovers on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- You can also freeze leftover beans for up to 3 months.
- Thaw frozen beans overnight in the fridge before reheating.
- To make a vegan version of this recipe, simply omit the sour cream, cheese, and other dairy toppings.
- Be sure to use gluten-free tortillas or chips for a gluten-free version.
- The cooking time will vary depending on the size and pan you use.
Finally, if the beans seem to be drying out, add a little more water to the pan. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you feed a crowd.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. Simply prepare the refried beans as directed, and then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Then, when you’re ready to enjoy them, simply reheat them in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Feel free to play around with the ingredients to suit your taste.
For example, you could add a diced jalapeño pepper for some extra heat or swap out the olive oil for another type of cooking oil.
You could also add spices, such as paprika or chopped cilantro. If you want a creamier texture, try adding some milk or sour cream. Just get creative and have fun with it!
What are some other ways I can enjoy these refried black beans?
There are many ways to enjoy refried black beans. Here are a few ideas:
- Serve them as a side dish with rice and beans
- Spread them on a tortilla and top with cheese for a quick and easy quesadilla
- Use them as a dip for chips or vegetables
- Add them to your favorite burrito or taco recipe
- Serve them over nachos for a fun and easy appetizer
No matter how you enjoy them, refried black beans are a versatile and delicious recipe sure to please everyone.
Best desserts that go well with this black beans recipe
1. Chocolate Cake: A classic chocolate cake is the perfect pairing for black beans. The sweetness of the chocolate will balance out the savory flavors of the refried beans.
2. Vanilla Cake: Try a vanilla cake if you want a lighter dessert to pair with your refried beans. The vanilla’s subtle flavors will complement the black beans’ spices.
Refried black beans are a quick and easy recipe perfect for those busy weeknights. This dish is packed with protein and fiber and can be enjoyed in many different ways. So next time you’re in a hurry, be sure to give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: