If you’re looking for an easy and delicious steak recipe, look no further than this IHOP Steak Tips Recipe!
It’s perfect for a weekday dinner or special occasion. Plus, the best part is that it’s affordable.
You can easily make this recipe at home without spending a fortune.
Plus, it’s always a hit with family and friends. So give it a try today! You won’t be disappointed.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this amazing steak tips recipe today!
What is the IHOP steak tips recipe?
The IHOP steak tips recipe is a mouthwatering dish that is perfect for any meat lover. The steak tips are marinated in a blend of spices and then grilled to perfection.
They are then served with a delicious gravy made from the steak’s drippings.
This dish is sure to please even the most discerning palate. This recipe is a quick and easy way to prepare this tasty cut of meat.
Can I make this recipe at home?
IHOP’s steak tips are a fan-favorite menu item, but can you make them at home? Fortunately, the answer is yes!
You can create a delicious replica of IHOP’s steak tips with a few simple ingredients.
The key is to marinate the steak in a blend of Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, and some more ingredients.
This will give the steak tips a savory flavor similar to IHOP’s signature dish.
So whether you’re looking for a tasty weeknight meal or a fun weekend project, try your hand at making IHOP’s steak tips at home.
How long does it take?
This recipe is pretty quick and easy to make. The steak tips only need to marinate for a few hours, so you can easily make this dish on a weeknight.
What ingredients do I need to start cooking?
To make this copycat IHOP Steak Tips Recipe, you will need:
Steak tips: It’s best to use a tender cut of steak that will cook quickly, such as sirloin, New York strip, or tenderloin.
Soy sauce: The soy sauce adds a savory umami flavor to the steak tips.
Worcestershire sauce: This tangy sauce is made with vinegar, anchovies, garlic, and spices. It adds depth of flavor to many dishes.
Balsamic vinegar: Balsamic vinegar is a dark, sweet vinegar used to add acidity and sweetness to recipes.
Ketchup: It is a tomato-based condiment often used in barbecue sauces. It helps to thicken the marinade and add sweetness.
Garlic: Garlic is a savory ingredient that adds flavor to many dishes. It can be used fresh, minced, or in powder form.
Onion powder: Onion powder is a dried and ground form of onions. It can be used to add flavor to many dishes.
Black pepper: Black pepper is a spice that adds a subtle heat to recipes.
Paprika: Paprika is a spice made from dried and ground red peppers. It adds color and mild flavor to dishes.
IHOP Steak Tips Recipe
- 1 lb Steak tips
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 taspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 taspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 taspoon Paprika
- In a large resealable bag, combine all of the ingredients. Mix well to coat the steak tips.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the steak tips for 8-10 minutes per side or until they are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How do I know when the steaks are done?
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steaks.
They are done when they reach 145 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare, 160 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare, or 170 degrees Fahrenheit for well-done.
What If I don’t have a thermometer?
You can also use the touch test to check the doneness of your steak tips.
Gently press on the steak with your finger. If it feels very soft, it is rare. If it feels slightly springy, it is medium-rare. Finally, if it feels firm, it is well-done.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace some of the ingredients in this recipe.
For example, if you don’t like balsamic vinegar, you could use apple cider vinegar instead. You could also add some other seasonings you like, such as rosemary or thyme.
If you want to replace the steak tips with another type of meat, that should also work fine. Just make sure to cook the meat until it is fully cooked through before serving.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
First of all, if you want to add more flavor to the steak tips, try using a different type of soy sauce. For example, Tamari or coconut aminos would be a good option.
- You could add some fresh ginger to the marinade for an extra zing.
- If you don’t have balsamic vinegar, you could use apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar instead.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, simply use gluten-free soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- For a bit of heat, add a small pinch of cayenne pepper to the marinade.
- If you want a sweeter dish, add a tablespoon or two of honey to the marinade.
- Add some diced onion or shallot to the marinade for a more savory flavor.
- Use fresh minced garlic for the best flavor, or you could use garlic powder.
- If you don’t have ketchup on hand, you could use tomato paste or sauce instead.
- To make this dish more hearty and filling, serve it over a bed of rice or quinoa.
- For a light and healthy option, serve with a side salad.
Finally, enjoy leftovers the next day by reheating them in a pan on the stove or in the microwave.
Things to serve with this homemade HOP steak tips recipe
This delicious HOP steak tips recipe is the perfect meal for any occasion. Serve them with a variety of sides to make a complete meal. Here are several great options to pair with your HOP steak tips:
- 1. Mashed potatoes – Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that goes great with any type of steak. They are creamy and rich, making them the perfect foil for the flavorful IHOP steak tips.
- 2. Roasted vegetables – Roasted vegetables are a healthy and delicious option that pairs well with steak. Try roasting broccoli, carrots, or Brussels sprouts to serve alongside this IHOP steak tips recipe.
- 3. Salad – A simple salad is a perfect way to lighten your meal. Choose a light dressing, such as vinaigrette, to complement the flavors of this IHOP steak tips recipe.
- 4. Baked potato – A hearty baked potato is another great option to pair with your steak tips. Load it up with toppings like sour cream, cheese, and chives for a complete meal.
- 5. Rice – Rice is a versatile side dish that goes well with many different foods. Try it with the IHOP steak tips for a filling and satisfying meal.
- 6. Quinoa – Quinoa is a healthy grain that makes a great side dish for steak tips. It has a nutty flavor that pairs well with the savory IHOP steak tips recipe.
This IHOP steak tips recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious and hearty meal. The steak tips are marinated in a flavorful sauce and then grilled to perfection. Serve with a side of rice or quinoa and a salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: