Making your own salad dressing at home is not only incredibly simple but also allows you to control the quality of ingredients that go into it.
This Cheesecake Factory Ranch Dressing recipe is a prime example of how easy it is to whip up a delicious, healthy dressing in just a few minutes with a few simple ingredients.
If you’re a fan of the Cheesecake Factory, then you know that their ranch dressing is one of the best around. But you may not know that it’s quite easy to make your own Cheesecake Factory ranch dressing at home with just a few simple ingredients.
This recipe for Cheesecake Factory ranch dressing is quick and easy to make, and it’s also healthy and delicious.
What is the Ranch Dressing from Cheesecake Factory?
The Cheesecake Factory’s Ranch Dressing is a creamy, flavorful dressing perfect for salads and dipping.
The dressing is made with mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, onion, and spices. It’s thick and creamy, with a slightly tangy flavor.
The ranch dressing is also available in a light version, which has fewer calories and fat.
Overall, the Cheesecake Factory’s Ranch Dressing is a delicious, versatile dressing that’s perfect for many occasions.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
Mayonnaise: It is the base of this recipe, so you will need one cup of mayonnaise. You can use any brand you like or have on hand.
Sour Cream: This will add creaminess and body to the dressing, so you need one cup of sour cream. Be sure to use full-fat sour cream for the best results.
Milk: You will need a half cup of milk for this recipe. Any type of milk will work, but whole milk will give the dressing the richest flavor.
Buttermilk: This ingredient is key in giving the dressing its tangy flavor. You will need a quarter cup of buttermilk for this recipe. If you do not have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding one tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a measuring cup and then adding enough milk to equal one cup. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes before using.
Red Onion: For a bit of sweetness and crunch, you will need to add a quarter cup of finely diced red onion.
Chives: You will need two tablespoons of chopped fresh chives. You can substitute with dried chives if you do not have fresh chives.
Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best for this recipe, but you can use bottled lemon juice in a pinch. You will need one tablespoon of lemon juice.
Green Onion: Finely diced green onion will add color and flavor to the dressing, so you need one tablespoon.
Garlic Clove: For a bit of depth of flavor, you will need to add one minced garlic clove.
Sugar: Just a teaspoon of sugar will help balance the flavors, so do not skip this ingredient.
Salt: This recipe will need half a teaspoon of kosher salt. You can use regular table salt if you do not have kosher salt.
Black Pepper: To finish the dressing, you will need a quarter teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
Ranch Dressing (Cheesecake Factory)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Finely diced red onion
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Finely diced green onion
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, buttermilk, red onion, chives, lemon juice, green onion, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours, before serving.
- Serve with your favorite salad or as a dip for fresh vegetables.
What is the best way to store this dressing?
This dressing can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
Will this dressing taste like the original?
Yes, this dressing tastes very similar to the Cheesecake Factory’s popular recipe. The main difference is that it is made with healthier, fresher ingredients.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, of course! Feel free to add or replace ingredients to suit your taste.
For example, if you don’t like red onions, you can use yellow onions instead. Depending on your preferences, you can also add more or less of the other ingredients.
You can add more milk or buttermilk if you want a thinner dressing. If you want a thicker dressing, you can add less.
Tips and tricks for a better dressing
First of all, use full-fat mayonnaise and sour cream for the richest flavor and texture.
- Add additional textures by stirring some chopped celery or crumbled bacon.
- Mix in your favorite herbs for a flavor boost. For example, try dill, parsley, or thyme.
- Use shredded cheese instead of dice for a cheesy ranch dip.
- Adjust the level of acidity to your taste by adding more or less lemon juice.
- To make ahead, prepare the dressing and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you feed a crowd.
- Make a healthier version of this dressing using non-fat or Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and mayonnaise.
- For a vegan option, use vegan mayonnaise and dairy-free sour cream.
- Add a little heat by stirring in some diced jalapeño peppers or hot sauce to taste.
Finally, give it a southwestern twist by adding chopped cilantro and diced avocado.
Things that go well with this ranch dressing recipe
1. Grilled chicken breasts: Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through. Slice and serve with ranch dressing.
2. Cucumber slices: Slice cucumbers into thin rounds and arrange them on a platter. Drizzle ranch dressing and sprinkle with diced fresh herbs, such as parsley or chives.
3. Roasted vegetables: Toss your favorite vegetables with olive oil and salt. Roast in a preheated oven until tender. Serve with ranch dressing on the side.
4. Fresh fruit: Cut some fresh fruit, such as strawberries, watermelon, or cantaloupe, and serve with ranch dressing for a light and refreshing treat.
5. Potato chips: Serve ranch dressing alongside your favorite potato chips for a classic snack combo.
6. Pretzels: Soft pretzels go great with ranch dressing. Serve them with a side of mustard for dipping, if desired.
7. Chicken Wings: Chicken wings are always a hit whether you bake or fry them. Serve them with ranch dressing and your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
8. Crudités: An assortment of fresh vegetables, such as carrots, celery, and bell peppers, is the perfect way to enjoy ranch dressing. Serve with a side of ranch for dipping.
This dressing is a delicious, versatile dressing that can be used in many different ways. It’s perfect for salads, dips, or just as a delicious addition to your meal.
You can easily make this dressing at home with a few simple ingredients. And, if you want to experiment with different flavors, there are many ways to customize this recipe to suit your taste. So, get creative and enjoy!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: