Whether you’re looking for a weekend breakfast treat or a quick and easy weeknight dinner, this Krusteaz pancake mix waffles recipe is the perfect solution.
Using just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of delicious waffles in no time.
And since the mix is already made for you, there’s no need to fuss with measuring or mixing up batter from scratch.
Instead, add eggs, milk, and oil to the mix, and you’re good to go!
What is Krusteaz Pancake Mix?
Krusteaz is a pancake mix that was first introduced in 1932. The name “Krusteaz” comes from the fact that the pancake mix is made with a crust of wheat flour.
The mix is also high in protein and fiber and can be made with either milk or water.
Krusteaz pancake mix is available in various flavors, including buttermilk, blueberry, and chocolate chip.
Whether making breakfast for a crowd or just looking for an easy way to make pancakes home, Krusteaz pancake mix is a great option.
Why you should use this mix to make Waffles?
Krusteaz pancake mix is a product that can be used to make waffles.
The mix contains all the ingredients to make waffles, including flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. All you need to add is milk and eggs.
The mix is also very easy to use.
The result is a delicious and fluffy waffle that will please everyone at the breakfast table. And because Krusteaz pancake mix is so versatile, you can also use it to make pancakes, muffins, or even biscuits.
So why not give it a try? You may be surprised at how much you enjoy making waffles with the Krusteaz pancake mix.
How long does it take to make these waffles?
These waffles take about 5 minutes to make from start to finish. They’ll be even quicker if you’re using a preheated waffle iron! So easy and so delicious, you’ll want to make them all the time. Enjoy!
What do I need to start?
You’ll need a waffle iron, of course, as well as:
Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix: It only takes a cup of this mix to make four waffles. You can find it in the baking aisle of most grocery stores.
Egg: One egg is all you need to bind the ingredients together.
Milk: Any kind of milk will do, but whole milk will yield the richest results.
Vegetable Oil: A tablespoon of oil helps to create light and fluffy waffles. Canola or melted butter can be used in place of vegetable oil if desired.
Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, egg, milk, and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Pour batter onto hot waffle iron, using about 1/2 cup for each waffle.
- Cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately with butter and syrup.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can!
If you want to make these gluten-free waffles, you can use a gluten-free pancake mix. You could also use almond or soy milk instead of regular milk.
If you want to make these waffles a little healthier, you could use olive oil or coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
And finally, if you want to change the flavor a bit, you could add some chocolate chips, blueberries, or even a little bit of grated orange zest to the batter.
So, there you have it! A delicious and easy recipe for homemade waffles that can be customized to your taste. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
How do I know when the waffles are done?
The best way to tell if waffles are done is to look at the color. They should be golden brown on both sides. Another way to tell is by lifting them with a spatula and checking to see if they are cooked.
The centers should be cooked all the way through and not doughy. If they need more time, put them back down and cook for a few minutes longer.
You can also check for doneness by gently pressing down on the center of the waffle. If it springs back up, they are ready to eat!
Tips and tricks for a better waffles recipe
Use a sifter to avoid lumps in the pancake mix.
- If you don’t have buttermilk pancake mix, use regular pancake mix and add one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to the milk to sour it.
- Use a measuring cup or ladle to pour the batter onto the waffle iron so that each waffle is the same size.
- Cook the waffles until they are golden brown and crisp. Do not overcook, or they will be dry.
- Serve immediately with butter and syrup. Reheated waffles will not be as good.
- You can also top the waffles with fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate sauce.
- For a savory twist, add some shredded cheese to the batter before cooking.
- To make ahead, prepare the batter and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours. When ready to cook, preheat the waffle iron and cook as directed.
- Leftover waffles can be frozen and reheated in the toaster or oven.
- This recipe can also be made with Krusteaz blueberry pancake mix or Krusteaz cinnamon swirl pancake mix. Just omit the syrup if using either of these mixes.
- You can also use this batter to make pancakes. Just cook on a griddle or frying pan over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- If you want to make mini waffles, use a mini waffle iron. Cook for less time, about 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
For a fun twist, cut the cooked waffles into strips and dip them in syrup or chocolate sauce.
Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter before cooking for a delicious variation.
Things that go well with these waffles
1. Fresh berries: It’s hard to go wrong with fresh berries. They’re bright and sweet and pair well with savory waffles.
2. Whipped cream: If you want to take your waffles to the next level, top them with some whipped cream. It’s an indulgent touch that’s sure to please.
3. Maple syrup: A classic topping for pancakes and waffles, maple syrup is always a good idea.
4. Chocolate chips: For a fun twist, add some chocolate chips to the batter before cooking the waffles. They’ll be extra delicious!
5. Sliced bananas: Sliced bananas are a delicious and healthy topping for waffles. They add a touch of sweetness and some extra nutrition.
6. Peanut butter: Peanut butter is another classic topping that goes well with waffles. It’s rich and delicious and sure to please everyone.
Waffles are a delicious and easy breakfast option that can be made from scratch or with a mix.
With a few simple ingredients, you can have crispy and fluffy waffles that satisfy everyone’s appetite.
Be sure to preheat the waffle iron so that the waffles cook evenly and become nice and crispy. And don’t forget the butter and syrup! Whether you make them plain or add fun toppings, these waffles are sure to please.
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: