If you have ever wanted to make the Aunt Jemima pancakes recipe, now is your chance. You can just follow the instructions shared and the end result would not be unsatisfactory.
This easy recipe makes the perfect batch of fluffy pancakes every time. Best of all, there is no need for a mixer. So it becomes easier to make these pancakes, as the mix is easily available and you have to just add milk and the batter will be ready.
All you need is a bowl and a spoon to get started. So just get started and enjoy the delicious pancakes with your family. Pancakes are very easy to make, to enhance the taste instead of oil butter can be used for frying too.
Is it difficult to make Aunt Jemima’s pancakes?
No, this recipe is quite simple and does not require any special skills or techniques. So try and get the taste of these yummy pancakes. You have to just have the mix and add some enhancements with it, and yes lovely end results will be on the plate!
How long does it take to make these pancakes?
The time required to make these pancakes will depend on the number of pancakes you want to make. If you are making a small batch of 4 pancakes, it will take about 15 minutes. So accordingly, it depends on the number of pancakes you are making.
How to Make Aunt Jemima Pancakes
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima pancake mix
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil or melted butter
- Preheat your griddle or skillet to medium-high heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray. If using an electric grill, set the temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, egg, milk, and oil or melted butter until smooth.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto the prepared griddle or skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form and pop on the surface and the bottoms are golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until the other sides are golden brown, about 1 minute more.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, butter, fruit, or your favorite topping.
Are these the instructions on the back of the box?
Yes, these are the instructions on the back of the box.
You can also find them online or in a cookbook. But we have given you detailed and more flavorfull instructions on making these pancakes, so follow them and enjoy your meal.
What do I do if I don’t have all the ingredients?
If you don’t have all the ingredients, you can try substituting them with what you have on hand.
For example, if you don’t have pancake mix, you can use self-rising or all-purpose flour. You can use water or juice if you don’t have milk. Just be creative and use what you have.
I hope this gives you the confidence to try making your own Aunt Jemima pancakes from scratch. Just follow the recipe and enjoy your delicious pancakes.
Can I improve the flavor of these pancakes?
Yes, you can improve the flavor of these pancakes by adding some vanilla extract or chocolate chips to the batter. You can also top them with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just be creative and have fun with it.
Side dishes to serve with this recipe
1. Bacon: Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in a frying pan over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels and then serve with the pancakes.
2. Sausage: Cook sausage in a frying pan over medium heat until browned. And this would enhance the taste of the pancakes.
3. Ham: Ham should be diced into small pieces and cooked in a frying pan over medium heat until browned. Good side dish for the recipe.
4. Canadian bacon: Small pieces of Canadian bacon cooked in a frying pan over medium heat until browned. And added as a side dish.
5. Chorizo: Cut the chorizo into small pieces and cook in a frying pan over medium heat until browned. These are another yummy side for your pancakes.
6. Pancetta: Pancetta is diced and cooked in a frying pan over medium heat until browned.
7. Salami: Small pieces of salami cooked in a frying pan over medium heat until browned. And enhance the taste of the pancakes.
8. Prosciutto: Prosciutto small pieces cooked over medium heat until browned.
9. Pepperoni: Pepperoni cooked in a frying pan over medium heat until browned. These will surely make the pancakes interesting.
10. Bacon bits: Cook bacon bits in a frying pan over medium heat until crisp. And serve with the recipe.
11. Diced ham: Cut diced ham into small pieces and cook in a frying pan until browned.
Things to take care of while storing this recipe
- Check the pancake mix’s expiration date and ensure it is still good. If it is not, do not use it.
- Pancakes are also great reheated in the microwave or eaten cold from the fridge.
- If you have any batter left over, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to label it, so you know what it is.
Drinks to serve with pancakes
Pancakes are always a good idea. But sometimes, you need something a little bit more than just pancakes.
Whether you’re looking for a special breakfast treat or an impressive brunch dish, these Aunt Jemima pancakes will do the trick. To make them even better, we’ve put together a list of 10 drinks that would be perfect with this dish.
- A classic mimosa is always a good choice.
- Try a blood orange mimosa if you’re looking for something different.
- For something non-alcoholic, try freshly squeezed orange juice or grapefruit juice.
- Try a cold brew or an iced latte for those who prefer coffee with their pancakes.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, mix up a batch of homemade strawberry milk to enjoy with your pancakes.
- For a refreshing twist, try serving your pancakes with a side of yogurt and berries.
- Want something a little indulgent? Serve your pancakes with a whipped cream dollop and a chocolate sauce drizzle.
- Or, keep it simple and enjoy your pancakes with a cup of hot tea or milk. No matter what you choose to drink with your Aunt Jemima pancakes, we’re sure you’ll love this dish.
In conclusion, making Aunt Jemima pancakes is not difficult and only requires a few simple ingredients. This recipe makes the perfect batch of fluffy pancakes every time. Just follow the instructions and enjoy your delicious pancakes. Surely this dish will be a good start towards an active day.