Are you a fan of Panera Bread’s shortbread cookies? Then you’re going to love this easy copycat recipe!
These cookies are simple to make and taste, just like the real thing. They’re perfect for any occasion – from a casual get-together with friends to a formal holiday party.
If you’ve ever eaten at Panera, then you know their shortbread cookies are delicious.
Just follow the simple steps given below, and in no time, you’ll be enjoying freshly baked cookies that taste just like the ones from Panera!
These delicious shortbread cookies from Panera are the perfect treat for any occasion. Made with real butter and sugar, they’re crispy and sweet with a melt-in-your-mouth texture.
And at only 110 calories each, they’re a guilt-free indulgence.
So whether you enjoy them with a cup of coffee or share them with friends, these cookies are sure to satisfy you.
Why you should try this recipe right now?
- This recipe is super easy to follow and only requires a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- These cookies are the perfect balance of sweet and salty, and they melt in your mouth with every bite.
- This is a copycat recipe for Panera’s shortbread cookies, so you can enjoy the taste of your favorite bakery cookie without even leaving your house!
- This recipe makes a large batch of cookies, so you’ll have plenty to share (or not share) with friends and family.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make these delicious Shortbread Cookies Panera style, you’ll need:
Butter: It’s important to use unsalted butter for this recipe to control the amount of salt in the cookies. If you only have salted butter on hand, you can omit the additional 1/4 teaspoon of salt in the recipe.
Sugar: You’ll need a half cup of sugar to sweeten the cookies. We like to use granulated sugar, but you can also use brown or powdered sugar.
Flour: All-purpose flour is what you’ll need for this recipe. If you’re gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.
Salt: Just a quarter teaspoon of salt is needed to balance the sweetness in the cookies.
Vanilla Extract: This is optional, but we like to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for flavor. You could also use almond extract or lemon extract.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients, you’ll need:
Parchment paper: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking.
Baking sheet: Any size baking sheet will work, but I like to use a half-sheet pan.
Wire rack: You’ll need a wire rack to cool the cookies once they’re baked.
Shortbread Cookies Panera Recipe
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in the flour, salt, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Use a spoon or your hands to form the dough into small balls. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Can I remove the sugar from the recipe?
Yes, you can remove the sugar from the recipe.
However, the cookies may not be as sweet without the sugar.
You can also try using a sugar substitute if you want to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe.
For the best results, use all-purpose flour.
However, you can also use whole wheat flour or almond flour if you prefer. It’s important to note that the cookies may spread more if you use gluten-free flour.
Can I add or replace some ingredients?
Yes, you can add or replace some of the ingredients in this recipe.
For example, if you want to make chocolate shortbread cookies, you could add some cocoa powder to the dough.
Or, if you want a citrus flavor, you could add some zest of lemon or orange. Be creative and have fun with it!
First of all, if the dough is too sticky, add more flour until it reaches the desired consistency.
- You can use a spoon or your hands to form the dough balls, whichever is easiest for you.
- If you want a more traditional shortbread cookie, use a fork to press down the dough balls before baking.
- The cookies are done when they are lightly golden brown. Be careful not to overbake them, or they will be dry.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help them keep their shape.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- You can experiment with different extracts in this recipe, such as almond or lemon.
- Dip the cooled cookies in melted chocolate for a festive touch.
- If you want a crunchier cookie, try adding 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to the dough.
- You can add 1/2 cup of raisins, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips to the dough for a delicious variation.
- These cookies freeze well, so feel free to make a double batch and save some for later.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you need to make a large batch.
- Try serving these cookies with a glass of cold milk for a classic treat.
Finally, these cookies would also be perfect for holiday gift giving! Package them up in a cute box or tin and tie them with a bow for an extra special touch.
- A cup of tea or coffee: This classic combination can never go wrong. The sweetness of the cookies will go perfectly with a hot beverage.
- A glass of milk: This is a great option for those who want a little lighter. The milk will help to balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Fruit: This is a great way to add extra nutrition to your snack. A few slices of fresh fruit will go well with these cookies.
- Ice cream: This is a fun and indulgent way to enjoy these cookies. Simply top the cookies with your favorite ice cream flavor for a delicious treat.
- Whipped cream: Top the cookies with some whipped cream and enjoy.
Shortbread cookies are a classic and easy-to-make treat. They are perfect for any occasion and can be easily customized to your liking. With so many ways to enjoy them, you’re sure to find your new favorite recipe here! Thanks for reading, and happy baking!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: