Apple Pie shots with Everclear are really simple to make! It’s one of the easiest recipes for an apple pie shot that you can find, and it also means you get more servings out of the recipe so it doesn’t break the bank. This shots can be made better by substituting some ingredients to cut down on costs and to make the recipe healthier.
This shots are very easy to serve guests quickly, as this recipe makes for a large quantity of apple pie shots that can be put into shot glasses and served quickly.
This recipe is also relatively quick and simple to cook up without too much effort! With just under 2 hours of cooking time, this amazing shots are easy to make and you can enjoy this scrumptious apple pie flavor without worrying about your health.
What’s in the Apple Pie shots with Everclear?
The apple pie shots with Everclear has the following:
- 1 part Vodka;
- 2 parts Sour apple schnapps;
- 3 parts (canned) Apple pie filling (Libby’s);
- 1 part water.
Let’s see the entire recipe with the step by step?
How long does it take to make the apple pie shots with Everclear?
It takes about 10 minutes to make this recipe. It’s very easy, simple and everyone can do it at home. So, let’s see the recipe below!
Apple Pie shots with Everclear
- 1/2 oz Flour (use wheat flour for a more authentic flavor)
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 Granny smith apples, cut into chunks. (You can also use honey crisp or gala apples but do not use red delicious apples. They are too sweet and do not hold their shape well. Granny smith works best aesthetically for this recipe.)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 Shots (or more!) of Everclear (750ml bottle is about 25 shots, depending on how strong you make them)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- 8 oz Dark rum
- 8 oz Vodka
- In a small pot mix the water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to create a liquid for soaking apples. Make sure you use enough liquid to cover all the apples. Some people even add more liquid as they go instead of just drenching them in a ton of liquid.
- Add the apples and soak for 2 hours overnight to get a strongly flavoured apple pie shot. You can also just let it sit for about an hour.
- In a baking dish mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon into a sand-like mixture. Set aside 1 tsp of this mixture to use as a garnish on the shot.
- In a pot melt about 1 tbsp of butter and pour in your apple mixture with some of the liquid from before. Mash apples into a liquefied puree consistency.
- Roll out your pie crust flat until it is around 2-3 mm thick or thin enough to be flexible. Use your shot glass to cut circles out of the dough that is slightly bigger than the rim of the glass.
- Take one circle and fold it in half, then in half again to create a triangle with one side open.
- Fill your shot glass with liquid apple pie puree filling, garnish with some of the cinnamon-sugar mixtures, and top with a triangle crust.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the middle of the apple pie shot is solid and the crust is golden brown. Voila! You have an apple pie shot to pass around with your friends!
Note: It takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to prep and cooks the apple pie shots with Everclear.
Why should you use Everclear?
It’s 5x stronger than vodka and most typical brands of rum!
This short recipe with the Everclear recipe are very simple and easy to make. The taste is sweet and delicious, like real apple pie baked in a shot glass with cinnamon.
7 Tips and tricks for a better shot
- This amazing and delicious shots are best served chilled, so always serve them cold!
- The shots are also not bad when you freeze the shot in an ice tray to make apple pie popsicles!
- The sweeter the apple pie is, the better your shots will taste!
- Add a little more flour and cinnamon into the shot dough to make it extra crunchy and tasty!
- Serve your apple shots as soon as they are done baking so that it is hot and fresh for your guests.
- Use only one kind of liquor in this recipe – either dark rum, vodka, not both.
- Although it is optional, if you can find apple pie filling that doesn’t have any added sugar then the taste of your shots will come out much better! You can also opt for making your homemade apple pie filling to save even more calories and fat.
- Using apple pie filling without additives makes this recipe not only healthier but also easier and faster to make! (Must save for later!)
- These delicious apple pie shots can be made on a budget by replacing certain ingredients. Apple shots are very easy to substitute some parts of the recipe to cut down on costs without sacrificing flavor.
Many enjoy a delicious, crispy apple pie shot without worrying about the high cost of vodka.
One serving of Apple Pie shots with Everclear has 346 calories. One serving is 0.346 ounces or 9 grams so you get 18 servings from this one recipe!
It has 1 gram of protein and 20 grams of carbs total. No sugar in this recipe but there are some carbs from the flour.
Apple shots have 0 grams of protein, 0 fat, and 0 sugars! There is, however, 1 gram of fiber in this recipe. There are 20 total servings for Apple shots. That means you get about 4 servings per .96 oz shot glass.
So, what did you think about this amazing shot recipe? Please, feel free to use the comments below to share your opinion with us!