This chicken marsala recipe from Ina Garten is the perfect example of a classic dish done right. The chicken is tender and juicy, while the sauce is rich and flavorful.
This is a classic chicken marsala recipe from Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. It’s a quick and easy dish perfect for a weeknight meal, but it’s also elegant enough to serve guests.
Chicken marsala is typically made with chicken breasts. Still, Ina Garten uses chicken thighs, which are more flavorful and less likely to dry out. The chicken is cooked in a Marsala wine sauce made with shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. This dish can be served over pasta, rice, or potatoes.
What’s in the Chicken marsala Ina Garten Recipe?
The Chicken Marsala recipe from Ina Garten is a classic dish perfect for a dinner party. This dish is made with chicken breasts, mushrooms, and Marsala wine.
The chicken is cooked in a skillet with butter and oil, and the mushrooms are cooked in a separate pan. The Marsala wine is added to the skillet, and the dish is served over pasta.
How long does it take to make this Recipe?
While each cook may vary, the traditional Chicken marsala Ina Garten Recipe calls for chicken cutlets, mushrooms, Marsala wine, and other ingredients. The dish can be made in under an hour.
This Chicken marsala Ina Garten Recipe is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to cook. It’s the perfect weeknight meal!
Is this an easy-to-do Recipe?
Yes, the Chicken Marsala recipe from Ina Garten is an easy-to-do Recipe. This dish requires some time and less effort to make. However, the results are worth it. This dish is sure to impress your guests.
Chicken Marsala Ina Garten Recipe
- 1 pound Chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 8 ounces Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 1 Clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the mushrooms, Marsala wine, shallot, and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta, rice, or potatoes.
Some variations of this recipe:
- For a more traditional chicken marsala, you can use veal instead of chicken.
- If you don’t have Marsala wine on hand, you can substitute with Sherry, Madeira.
- This dish can also be made with chicken thighs or drumsticks. Simply brown the chicken in the skillet before adding the remaining ingredients. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- For a creamier sauce, you can add 1/4 cup of heavy cream to the Marsala wine and mushrooms.
Finally, to make this dish vegetarian, you can omit the chicken and double the number of mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms in the skillet until browned before adding the remaining ingredients.
Can I replace or add any ingredients?
The Chicken Marsala recipe from Ina Garten is a classic dish that can be made with chicken breasts, mushrooms, and Marsala wine. However, you can replace or add any ingredients to this dish.
For example, you could use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Additionally, you could add more vegetables to the dish, such as carrots or peas. Finally, if you want a more robust flavor, you could use a different wine, such as red wine.
Tips and tricks for a better recipe
I have some recommendations for you! With these tips and tricks, you will be able to improve this recipe. Check out below:
- If you don’t have Marsala wine, you can substitute it with white wine or red wine.
- You can also add some cream to the sauce for a richer flavor.
- Add some chopped parsley or thyme for extra flavor.
- You can dredge the chicken in flour before cooking to help thicken the sauce.
- To make this dish gluten-free, simply omit the flour or use a gluten-free alternative.
- If you don’t have shallots, you can use onions or garlic in their place.
- This recipe can also be made in the crockpot. Simply add all ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- This recipe can also be made ahead of time. Simply prepare all ingredients and then store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Then, when you’re ready to cook, simply follow the instructions above.
- Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
Finally, you can also freeze this recipe for later. Simply place all of the ingredients in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then cook according to the instructions above.
Can I store this Recipe?
You can store this recipe in the fridge for up to 3 days.
10 Things to take care of while storing this Recipe:
- Make sure chicken is fully cooked before storing.
- Store in a covered container or zip-top bag.
- Label the Recipe with the date it was made.
- Only store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat until chicken is hot all the way through before eating.
- If you want to freeze this Recipe, do so within two months.
- To thaw, place in the fridge overnight or use the microwave.
- Once thawed, cook within three days.
- Chicken marsala can be reheated in the microwave or stove.
And finally, make sure to stir the chicken and mushrooms while reheating, so everything heats evenly.
Things to serve with Chicken Marsala
1. Spaghetti: You can never go wrong with spaghetti. Just add your favorite sauce, and you’re good to go!
2. Roasted potatoes: A simple side dish with any main course.
3. Salad: A light salad is a perfect way to balance a heavier meal like chicken marsala.
4. Garlic bread: This is a must-have if you’re serving spaghetti!
5. Rice: A classic side dish that goes with just about anything.
6. Steamed vegetables: A healthy and delicious side dish paired with chicken marsala.
7. Pasta: Another great option if you’re looking for something to serve alongside your chicken marsala.
8. Mashed potatoes: A comfort food that will please everyone at the table.
9. Baked beans: A hearty side dish perfect for a winter meal.
10. Cornbread: A Southern classic perfect for soaking up all that delicious chicken marsala sauce.
11. Green beans: A simple and healthy side dish that goes with just about anything.
12. Pasta salad: A cold pasta salad is a perfect complement to a hot and hearty meal like chicken marsala.
13. fruit salad: A refreshing and sweet way to end a meal.
14. Roasted vegetables: Another great side dish option.
15. Fruit salad: A healthy and refreshing option.
16. Yogurt: A light and healthy dessert or snack.
17. Ice cream: A classic dessert that everyone loves!
18. Pie: A classic dessert that can be made with any fruit.
19. Fruit tart: A beautiful and festive dessert.
20. Chocolate mousse: A rich and indulgent dessert.
The Chicken Marsala recipe from Ina Garten is an easy-to-follow Recipe that yields delicious results.
This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or entertaining guests. You can easily customize this dish to your liking by adding or replacing ingredients. Be sure to try out these tips and tricks for a better recipe.