This creamy langostino lobster mashed potatoes recipe is the perfect way to show off your culinary skills and impress your guests!
The langostino lobster meat is cooked to perfection and blended with creamy potatoes, making it a dish that is both elegant and delicious.
Serve this at your next dinner party and watch your guests rave about your cooking!
About this mashed potatoes recipe with lobster
This recipe for mashed potatoes is flavored with langostino lobster, butter, garlic, and shallots.
It’s easy to make and can be served as a side dish or main course.
The potatoes are mashed until they’re creamy and smooth, and the lobster adds a delicious seafood flavor. So if you’re looking for a special mashed potatoes recipe, this is it!
Can I make the creamy Langostino Lobster Mashed Potatoes at home?
The answer is yes! Red Lobster’s Langostino Lobster Mashed Potatoes are pretty easy to recreate at home.
The hardest part may be finding langostino lobster, which can sometimes be difficult. But if you can find it, the rest is simple.
Don’t forget to top it off with a bit of shredded cheese for the full effect.
And there you have it – your homemade version of Red Lobster’s Langostino Lobster Mashed Potatoes.
How long does it take to make?
This recipe takes about 30 to 50 minutes to make.
If you are using pre-cooked lobster, it will take even less time.
Yukon Gold potatoes are a good choice for this recipe because they are creamy and have a buttery flavor, but you can use any type of potato that you like.
Just cook them until they are tender before adding them to the pan with the lobster.
What ingredients do I need to start?
To make this dish, you will need the following:
Langostino lobster: It is a type of lobster that is small and has a milder flavor than regular lobster. You can find it fresh or frozen at most seafood markets.
Yukon Gold potatoes: A type of potato that is yellow and has a waxy texture. They are perfect for mashed potatoes because they hold their shape well.
Heavy cream: Adds richness and creaminess to the dish.
Butter: It also adds richness and creaminess, as well as flavor.
Garlic: A type of onion that has a strong flavor. It is used in many savory dishes.
Shallot: A small, onion-like vegetable with a delicate flavor. It is often used in French cooking.
Thyme: An herb with a lemony fragrance commonly used in Mediterranean cuisine.
What else do I need?
In addition to the ingredients listed above, you will also need the following:
- A large pot for boiling the potatoes;
- A separate pan for cooking the lobster and shallots;
- A masher or potato ricer for mashed potatoes;
- A bowl for serving.
Creamy Langostino Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound Langostino lobster (cooked and chopped)
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot, and cook until softened.
- Add the lobster and thyme, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add them to the pan with the lobster. Add the cream, and mash the potatoes until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Can I add, remove, or replace some ingredients?
Yes, of course! This recipe is just a guideline. Feel free to add, remove, or replace ingredients according to your preferences.
For instance, if you don’t like lobster, you could use shrimp or chicken instead.
Are potatoes not your thing? Use another type of starchy vegetable, like cauliflower or sweet potatoes.
And don’t be afraid to get creative with the seasonings. A little experimentation will help you find your perfect mashed potato recipe. So go ahead and give it a try!
Tips and tricks for better mashed potatoes
For extra creaminess, use milk instead of water to cook the potatoes.
- Add more lobster for a richer flavor.
- Use unsalted butter to control the dish’s salt amount.
- To make ahead, prepare the mashed potatoes without the lobster. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat the potatoes and add the lobster before serving.
- For a lighter mashed potato dish, substitute some cream with chicken or vegetable broth.
- For a more robust flavor, use roasted garlic instead of raw garlic.
- Stir in some shredded cheese for a cheesy twist on this recipe.
- Add a tablespoon or two of sour cream for extra tanginess.
- Top with green onions or chives for a flavorful garnish.
- Use fresh herbs for the best flavor. If using dried herbs, add them early in the cooking process, so they have time to rehydrate and release their flavors.
- For a more elegant presentation, use a piping bag to pipe the mashed potatoes onto each plate.
- Make mini versions of this dish by spooning the mashed potatoes into hollowed cherry tomatoes or small ramekins.
- Top with crispy bacon bits or chopped ham for a heartier meal.
Serve alongside roasted or grilled meats for a complete meal.
Enjoy leftovers as is, or reheat and serve over grilled chicken or fish for an easy weeknight meal.
Dishes that go well with this recipe
Here are some ideas for dishes that would go well with the above recipe:
1. Roasted Brussels sprouts: Roast Brussels sprouts in a 400F oven for 20-25 minutes until crisp and browned. Toss with a bit of lemon juice and serve alongside the mashed potatoes.
2. Roasted sweet potatoes: Cut sweet potatoes into chunks and roast in a 400F oven for 30-35 minutes, until tender. Serve alongside the mashed potatoes.
3. Sautéed greens: Sauté greens like kale, chard, or spinach in a bit of olive oil and garlic. Serve alongside the mashed potatoes.
4. Crispy roasted chicken: Roast chicken breasts in a 400F oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked. Serve alongside the mashed potatoes.
5. Baked salmon: Bake salmon fillets in a 400F oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked. It is best to use skin-on salmon so that it doesn’t dry out. Serve alongside the mashed potatoes.
6. Grilled steak: Season steak with salt, pepper, and your favorite steak seasoning. Grill over high heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.
The above are just some ideas – feel free to get creative and come up with your perfect pairing!
Mashed potatoes are a classic dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways.
We hope this creamy langostino lobster mashed potatoes recipe has inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and come up with your own unique version.
Remember, there are no rules when it comes to making mashed potatoes. So have fun, and enjoy!
Similar Recipes from HotSalty: